Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Less clothing! Way less :censored: Well I'd be happy going back to the tight t shirts, but I seriously wouldn't complain about a shirtless scene!

Did anyone read that interview with Eva La Rue?
    She said someone was leaving the show, which was Khandi/Alexx. She also said that someone will be hurt badly and it's going to cliff hang till next season. Ok, now last season they did it w/ Delko. Calleigh has already had too many near death experience this season. Alexx is gone, and H is well SUper H, so it can't be him. Hmmmm who does that leave? Well Boa, but we couldn't be that lucky and Tripp, but who else? Someone that hasn't had a good story lines or a lot of scenes this season. Someone that's been pushed to the back of the line. If it is Ryan, I will be so nervous all summer because I have a strange feeling that ....we might really loose him :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  2. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

hha according to someone his character isn't going anywhere.
    So if it ryan thats hurt im sure he will make a recovery!

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Not that I thought Ryan was going anywhere but I still like to hear it.
    If Ryan does need to recover,I hope returning to the Ryan we first met is part of the recovery.I am always a little surprised by the number of people that don't like him.Some because he replaced Speed.Orthers because they became fans of the show later,and don't know what a sweetie he can be.

4. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Ah sorry speed_cochrane, i forgot about the spoiler code!

greatfan - I totally agree with you about the whole speed thing. but my view of that, its kind of hard to view him (in my eyes) as Ryan replacing speedle. Speedle was killed off and they were "forced" to hire someone else, not to replace speedle.... but thats what happens in that line of work... someone dies, hire someone else. haha that sounds sooo heartless, but im sure -hopefully - someone will get my point. But at the same time it's easy to see how people will think that ryan replaced speedle.

I'm excited to see what happens with the development of Ryan. Hopefully like we have all been saying they will shed some light on his history, and more spotlight for him... and obviously a few shirtless spots! come on CSI day at the beach!!!!!

5. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I get your point katelynn :) Im a Speed fan so of course it was the worst thing for him to get killed off. But its just the way of the job, you have to get someone else or you wont be able to get as much done. And then they got Ryan and he was just awesome. He helped me and some others get over the loss of Speed. :lol: Sounds corny, but its true!

I was just thinking about "Under the Influence" and I realized that I dont think Ive ever seen it. Maybe Ive seen parts of it but I havent seen the whole episode and its driving me crazy. I cant believe Ive never watched the whole thing. I really want it to come on tv so I can see it. Its Ryan/Jon's first episode!

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I understood your point as well. :) Honestly, at first I saw it as 'someone replacing Speed'. But I've always known that that's ultimately what happens on television and the workplace--you have to move on. But really, it wasn't replacing the 'character' persay, it was replacing the empty space with a fresh start and a new character. If that makes sense. :lol: At least that's my take on it. It actually kind of bugs me now when people say he's the replacement and believe me, I was one of those crazed Speed fans who poopooed on Ryan for the first year or so. :eek:

Now I can't imagine the show without him. :) ..if only they would give him more scenes because right now the show seems like it is moving on without him! *grumble*

Besides, in season six, we had an episode that had both Speed and Ryan in it, so I can die happy now. :lol:

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You have got to get your hands on that episode if you can.Can you get it from Netflix? Ryan is so adorable in that episode.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I never felt Ryan was replacing Speed,but there are some who do and they never gave the character a chance.

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Yep, there are definitely some who do--myself included at one point. :) I'm actually a lot more open to new characters now because of Ryan. It's one of those situations where I started to really appreciate the character once I put my bias aside.

Also, just to let you know, you can always edit your post to add more as opposed to double posting. :)

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thanks,I probably shouldn't try to post when I get home so late from work.For some reason I couldn't edit the way I wanted.

11. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Talk CSI, and I must say that I LOVE that there's a Ryan/Togo thread here! Ryan is one of my top characters on the show(after Alexx, which I'm still mad about), but that's because I started watching mid fourth season and I still loved him when he was doing that horrible stuff.

So to one big Ryan fan to another...HI!! :)

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Welcome to the thread miamifan08!! Glad to have you here. :D

And as a welcome gift here's a pic of Jon. :beer:

[​IMG]

13. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

welcome to the boads and this thread miamifan08!!!

To some extent to add on to my earlier point of Speedle being replaced by Ryan. I do understand why people would think that Ryan would be replacing speedle since he did take over his job. But in a few episodes (i am unsure how exactly how many - aside from speedle making a small comeback) they do mention speedle or refer back to his work.
    But however at the same time they are two different people and they work differently. Speedle (in my eyes) seemed more careless - for a lack of a better word- about things. You could tell sometimes he didn't want to be somewhere. while other times he was really into an investigation like in that one episode where that kid was buying evidence and forming that secret group. I believe it was in season 2 - and speedle got upset about the end result of the kid.

Ryan on the other hand he does make a lot more mistakes than speedle (damn writers) and the writers tend to do that, i swear on purpose. They make ryan work that one time a 14 day week (well in the show) - Nailed episode -... Hopefulle you see what I mean.
    I dont even know how this is proving anything - not that i wanted too.. just making another point.

But again, i do see how people will think that he's replacing speedle so it is understandable.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You make great points katelynn.

I agree agree,especially about the writers. I almost feel that they need to do damage control for Ryan's character because they have done such a horrible job with him.

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I've done some thinking on the subject of Ryan replacing Speedle, and I don't think he replaced him. They needed someone else for the team and when H interviewed Ryan he knew that the younger man had the potential to be a great CSI.

Yes some will beg to differ that he was a replacement, but I see it more as they had a void and that void had to be filled no matter the cost. In the end some how Ryan went from superb worker to screw up and I think that has hurt him deeply. He's still working to gain back the trust and support form his co-workers. I really wish the writers could see that Ryan has great potential to do something with that lab if he was ever put in charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.