The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Will do, for sure. In the meantime, Part 1 features another scene with Catherine that we discussed here not too long ago and is here:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=4872

(there she goes with the shameless promotion again - it's cos reviews make my sad little day hehe :lol: )

Ah, I love that part in Rashomama too. It seems like he's saying it so pointedly to Greg that whenever I watch it I can't help wondering if they had recently had a discussion about marriage and Greg was reluctant, saying he didn't see the point of getting married, y'know, when two people love each other they don't need a piece of paper to prove it. Nick is a romantic and disagrees of course! When they get the case at the wedding, he can't help making a little refererence to it to make Greg think. I would like to think Greg does think about it and changes his mind, especially if - for once - he was the one a little reluctant to go public with their relationship.

Hmm...ok went off on one a little there! :lol: I just love that epi, and there are so many places to go with their subtext in it. The bit with the phone number is also fantastic.

Yes, Slaves of Las Vegas is the one with Lady Heather. (I think it's the first one she is in) Ah, liquid latex...

I would very much like to see Eric in eyeliner, for sure. ;)

*cough* *beard* *cough* I agree 100% Wojo we have nothing to fear from this girlfriend, it's all smoke and mirrors on the part of TPTB. There is a nice little explanation of it all in a fic by 10th Letter on WMTDB - I'm sticking with that!

Nat x

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Sara's girl, I loved your story (and reviewed it) and it would be so great to really see a scene such as that on the show. I also loved Rashomama, for so many reasons. I love funny episodes in general but Greg really shined in this one. OF course the "Marriage is a public declaration of love" scene says it all. Nick loves Greg and wants to spend his life with him.

3. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Hiring a recurring female character? Dang. I thought she was just maybe going to be shown once, then Nick would only mention her. It's easier to forget about someone if they aren't always popping up, ya know?

^-^ Thanks for posting the link. I'll check it out once I get home. Wow, that actually seems like something Greg would say. He has Nick, that's all he needs, and a piece of paper wouldn't hold any sentimental value for him. Nick, on the other hand, would want it to be official. That way any waitresses or prostitutes would know not to come between the two boys.
    I was recently watching Boom and in it, Greg totally saves Nick. Well, indirectly, of course. Catherine is the one who goes to all the trouble of proving Nick's innocence, but Greg provides the last piece of evidence that clears Nick. Way to go Greg, and Nicky dear, sleeping with some random woman who always wants to show you her breasts doesn't prove that you're straight. You're just confused.

4. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

True Wojo- Nick does love Greg, so why cant TPTB leave them alone, unless its in a style of a love triangle.... Marriage regardless of Gender or sexuality is a declaration of love... You think that Greg realised what Nick was talking about???

I mean, i can see the love triangle either working- and Greg/Nick declares their feelings, or Nick sees both the random girl AND Greg at the same time... That is IF infact Nick is seeing Greg at all...

So many contradictions in CSI, I wonder which ones are hopeful thinking or actuarl... What I mean is that, are Nick and Greg actuarly together albeing in a subtexual way... OR are Nick and Greg single and kinda flirting, almost doing a waltze with body language and words, but never ever going further than that?

5. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

AHH! EVERYONE IS CHANGING THEIR ICONS SUDDENLY! It's just to confuse me, isn't it?!

No, I'm just kiding. I love Wojo's, I love my_last_chance's, and I think that Candy changed her's too, so I like that one!:)

OOH! ON MY WAY TO READ! HEHE!

Yeah...I really should be TYPING my own stories rather than reading stories and filling up my lovejournal with stories about how TPTB can go get stuffed...I'm still waiting to get accepted to fanfic100...I'm doing the MeLty pairing...yeah, I'm strange.

-Lynn

6. Sara's Girl

Oh, for god's sakes. Again I have just written a great long reply and it's deleted itself during posting...grrrrr! :wtf:

Anyway. Wojo and Katlynn, thank you for your reviews! Yey! I would love to see them get together on the show that way. Although I have the best of intentions and should be doing something like cleaning my house, chances are I'll be updating this instead! :lol:

Thanks! Yeah my thoughts exactly - I see Nick as the traditionalist who, once he had got his head round the idea of him and Greg would totally throw himself into it and would want the conventional relationship stuff like marriage. I don't think Greggo wouldn't want to marry him per se, just that he's more laid back or even a little scared. I like to think Nick might be the one wanting to let everyone know Greg was his, rather than him having to have Greggo persuade him to go public - hence the public declaration of love thing. I also like to write Nick's parents as being supportive of their relationship as a lot of fics show them as quite homophobic. That's just me though I like to switch things up a bit! That said, anyway they are together is fine by me!

Hmm, the Kristy (is it Kristy?) thing to me could be a combination of a) Nick being flattered by all her attention and b) trying to deal with confusing feelings for a certain lab rat...I like the idea that Greg saves him though!

Candygirl - I'm with you on that one, depending on which epi I'm watching I flit between being convinced they are in an established relationship (e.g. Rashomama) and that there is so much UST and flirting that they are still dancing around each other not admitting their feelings (e.g. Up in Smoke). Subtext is confusing!

As an aside, can anyone please point me in the direction of/create for me an icon 'cause I can have one soon. Please? :)

Nat xx

7. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

*sigh* this site hates me sometimes. I spent a while writing a response, finally get it done and the site wants me to log back in again... *sigh* Sorry, folks, just had to rant there for a moment.

So, back to what I was saying.... It's only been a few days but gosh, there's so much new stuff to read! I don't think I'll be able to get through it all!

As for a few things... I don't even remember what I was saying... lol, oh yeah. I love everyone's icons! They're great!

And I totally swooned over the idea of Nick being caring, loving, and sweet. There must be more Greg in me than I thought, because I wouldn't have done that awhile ago. *sigh* wow... lol.

As for the A+M idea... totally awesome subtext idea... so I was thinking (and feel free to steal this idea if you want) Greg goes into work thinking he'll be stuck in the lab working on a previous case. But that gets wrapped up sooner than he thought and Gil is sending him out into the desert for a new case. Only, he didn't bring a jacket. Nick's staying in the lab working on a case, doesn't need his sweatshirt, and thus, lends it to Greg. OR... They're both on a case in the desert and Greg forgot his jacket and Nick only has his long sleeved shirt with his sweatshirt, but Greg's only wearing a t-shirt. (perhaps they didn't have time to run home to get warmer clothes, or they were too busy together at home and just forgot...) so Nick lends him his sweatshirt, A+M, of course. Now, see, someone like Warrick probably wouldn't share his clothes like that if he needed it at the same time, unless the person was a victim, you know? So, this would stick out just a bit, and look odd to others who may notice. OR, my last theory... Greg just walks into the lab wearing the sweatshirt already, probably because he spent the night at Nick's and had nothing else clean... or... maybe Nick had to work that night and he missed Nick so he wore his sweatshirt (since Nick lets him anyway, it wouldn't be considered stealing) and he just wouldn't want to let it go since it smells like Nick so he wears it to work, almost without thinking. It's something comforting, you know? lol... I could keep coming up with ideas for this, it's bad. Someone brought this up, and now my plot bunnies are hopping! One more, and then I swear I'm gonna stop! So, right after Fannysmackin' imagine how Greg's feeling, or even after PWF, and how comforting that sweatshirt would be... that's just the angst coming out of me. I can't help that I love sad stuff like that too much.

So, on to another topic before another plot bunny comes and hits me on the head with a carrot... Greg/Eric is very hot with eyeliner. I've got an icon of that which I'm using on the fanfictiondictionary wetpaint, if you all want to go see it. I'm trying to post it here, but it doesn't seem to want to show up. Sorry guys. And it's really too bad I have nothing of him in a skirt, I'd love that! lol. This icon was actually part of the inspiration for my Club Starlight story posted over at WMTDB! Just about the longest story I've ever written with no angst, I think. lol. Anyway, that's all I've got, and now I'm out to try to get another chapter of Braden written for you all. ttyl!
    [​IMG]

8. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Hmm...let's think about it here...I agree with you, Sara's Girl, subtext can confuse...:confused:

Hm...maybe, up until about the middle of the seventh season it was a kinda on-and-off thing? Because all the subtext at that point starts screaming "Est. relationship!" Maybe...a one-night-stand turned something more? I mean, I'm the tradionalist, and think that relationships that last lifetimes start slowly and progress, but I'm willing to undergo a change of views for our boys!:)

That's sorta my stance. But, there's no denying that Greg feels way more comfortable with Nick than anytone else. I mean, could you see him getting that touchy-feely with the so obviously straight Warrick? didn't think so!

Not that I'm dissing Warrick...

Okay, everyone, Q&A time!

What annoys you more?

1.) People saying that our ship will never happen and saying that two gay guys on CSI is wrong, and whining about "Can't they just be friends?!"

or

2.) People spouting on and on about how it's against the bible and Joseph and mary and Jesus and blah blah blah.

Personally, I hate the first one with a passion, but I very much dislike the random bible refrences, too!

-Lynn

P.S. - I'm trying to get pics up, but I can't find a way to link them, unless I decid to change my icon to them on fanfic or something. I might, if worse comes to worse! have faith in me, my pretties!

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  9. my_last_chance

^-^ Re icons: I love 'em all too! They look amazing!
    Re A&M sweatshirt ideas: I think all of your ideas are awesome! I would totally 'steal' one of them, but I'm kind of swamped with school right now. :(

^-^ Re Greggo's touchy-feely-ness: I haven't yet seen him get that close to any of the characters, or maybe he has and I just haven't noticed. He and Nick invade each other's personal space an awful lot, but it's just part of the wonderfullll subtext of The Love.
    Re Q & A: Well, both annoy me. The first does because it's just so... old fashioned. People are people, and they don't choose who they love. The second annoys me because I happen to be a Christian and I see nothing wrong with two men (or women) loving each other. I could say more on the subject, but it would be going too far off topic.

10. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

Oh wow all these ideas are absolutely amazing. Hmm...maybe I should write a fanfic afterall. So far I've been content with reading other peoples stories but now I'm itching to write one myself.

Hard to say really. The first one is stupid and discrimantory but along with my_last_chance, I'm a christian. So therefore it's hard for me. I personally don't have a problem with same sex relationships because as my_last_chance says you can't choose who you love. But then there's the whole the bible is the truth thing. But there is nothing in this world that would take away my Nick/Greg fangirlness.

11. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Cough ladies and gents if it helps then just write your reply on wordpad or something like that....

Yeah what is it with subtexual.... Lets say that CSI are going to make Nick and Greg a subtextual couple... Then why not make it so that we know there an item, like for example, Greg pulls out a recipt from his wallet infront of say Nick and Grissom (heres the subtexual bit), gives Nick the recipt.... for whatever reason...

OR even better still, wasnt there lets say Greg bless him gets his apartment infested with termites or the like, and say EVERYONE offers Greg a place to stay..... Lets say the problem might be ongoing (say major works needed) but Greg accepts Nicks offer.

See!!!!

Greg says something to Nick- like See you at home- and we catch onto it, he says it with warmth and compassion and love...

But because everything is subtexual- who is right, who is wrong, are they an item, are they not... Also, if they are an item what sort??? True love, friends with benefits, casual.... experimental.....

But with the rise of Nick getting a Girlfriend/Blah Date...I just dont know... Anyone else feeling and sharing my frustration?

12. Sara's Girl

QOTU I love all the clothes scenarios - I think the whole A&M thing would be really cute! Aww.

On this note I was just watching Chasing the Bus where Nick asks Greg why he doesn't have a warmer jacket, then a few mins later Nick takes off his coat to get on the bus, poor Greggo is shivering like mad and (even though I have seen this epi a million times) I was thinking 'God, Nick, why don't you give Greg your coat to put on?!" lol :lol: That would have been a cute clothes sharing/chivalry kinda moment....shame!

Oh yeah they do this so much. I don't see either of them consistently step into the personal space of anyone else on the team. They just can't help touching each other, bless them. Which leads rather nicely into today's self promotion exercise thus:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=4876&i=1

Hehe. Incidentally, Katlynn, I have never yet come across such a reaction to this ship so i guess I'm lucky because it would really wind me up. I'm not religious but I accept the right of others to be, but...I dunno...if you think slash is wrong don't go looking for it on the internet, right? :rolleyes:

Hey Candygirl - I definitely understand your frustration! But, I enjoy the subtext, it kind of makes it fun. It's kind of like having a secret affair - like how GSR was more fun before it was out in the open (not that I'm comapring the boys to GSR but you know what I'm saying hopefully). I like the receipt idea too! There are a lot of bunnies biting tonight...

Nat xx

13. my_last_chance

^-^ I wish they'd have some sort of moment like that. It'd prove our point, but all those people who dislike gay/bi people on TV could just rationalize it away... but we'd know the truth. =] I agree with you, I'm getting sort of frustrated with Nick, but (hopefully) there will be some logical explanation for it. As many other people have theorized, it might work out in The Love's favor. I hope it does.

14. my_last_chance

^-^ It'd be so amazing if Nick had given Greg his coat. I mean, I would have given a friend of mine my coat, and it wouldn't have had to mean I was interested in them. If he was so worried about what others would think, he could have just played the "he's my friend/I didn't want him to get sick, etc" card.
    And, again, I'll have to check out your stories later. Gah, they keep getting pushed back to do dang school. I hate Science projects, especially huge ones. They make meh sad.

^-^ I wish they'd have some sort of moment like that. It'd prove our point, but all those people who dislike gay/bi people on TV could just rationalize it away... but we'd know the truth. =] I agree with you, I'm getting sort of frustrated with Nick, but (hopefully) there will be some logical explanation for it. As many other people have theorized, it might work out in The Love's favor. I hope it does.

EDIT- Sorry for the double post. Something weird's going on with my computer... *eerie music plays*

15. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

my_last_chance heres some caps from 'Slaves of Las Vegas'. I love how close the they are in each of these shots. Also the way Nicky blushes when Greggo talks about the latex makes me laugh every time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then heres the shirt that Nicky is wearing in a 'A Little Murder' that looks alot like something he would have borrowed from Greggo.

[​IMG]And one of the boys from that episode.

[​IMG]

As for the girlfriend thing with Nicky. I'm not too worried about it. As we have mentioned here before, she seems to be a 'beard'. He could be dating both Greggo and women as well. Unless one of them decides they want to be exclusive. Nicky seems to be the one of the two would have trouble realizing his sexuality. Maybe Greggo and him have hooked up before and they both want the relationship but Nicky is still nervous about the dating a man thing. Who knows. Like I think Wojo said the whole girlfriend thing will blow over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.