Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Now that I think about it, I am fine with Danny rescuing Lindsay, I just hope that because of him rescuing her, she will immediately forgive him. Although I think Danny will hope that will be the case. :p

Why the heck is Rikki even in this episode? It seems kind of irrevelant at this point to even have her! That basketball case, was it related to the taxi cab killer?

On what Lindsay looked like in the promo, well it was kind of hard to see on my crappy television, but she looked concerned but more tired and annoyed if anything. ;)

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I really have problems to see the beginning of the promo. What happening at the beginning? I can hardly see anything. :(

Well, I'm not sure. In my eyes she didn't look upset. I'm not sure. But well, I anyway can't see much. Btw, who's the person (man or woman?) at the beginning, the one with the closed eyes?

I agree with what you said. Why does she have to be in the episode? When the press release for 4.21 came out, I was already expecting her to be in it! :lol: Luckily she wasn't. I have to say, I have nothing against her character, I'd even say I liked her. But whenever she appears, she causes angst and drama. Okay, this is a drama show, but it's crime drama. I want the good old times back.

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ I can not really make out what happens at the start of the promo either...As for Lindsay's expression, I think it's just the look of someone standing in the pouring rain and no cab in sight...

I like the idea of the time-passing from the first quote and that the awkwardness between them is a result of that :cool:, but ONLY and really ONLY when we do get some kind of proof -like in the second quote- that at some point Danny really did tell her...and I don't mind if it's in a conversation between him and Rikki, some kind of flashback perhaps to a talk between Danny and Lindsay or simple Lindsay saying something about it to Danny at a certain point...

Before they move on to a happier stage in their realationship again, I just REALLY, REALLY :p want to know that he has been honest with her, otherwise (when our dear writers leave it up to speculation again :rolleyes:) it will always leave a bad taste in my mouth...:brickwall:

4. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

:rolleyes: - don't ask why, it's just necessary! :lol:

So, I've seen the promo for next week & yeah, Linds looks fine, subway's closed, she's just struggling to get a cab cos that's what everyone else is doing. No doubt she'll be fine & just get a telling off from Mac at some point for getting into a cab whilst there is someone lurking about slaughtering people and feeding them to the big fish.... Silly girl!

Now I just need to find last night's ep. Mwah! x

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I really, really think that Lindsay already knows about Rikki. For starters her reaction to Danny pushing her away was one of such intense hurt that it made me think she'd been running it over in her head for a while. She must have known what happened with Rikki taking Danny's gun, after all even if Danny didn't tell her she would have asked Flack about it seeing as she was the one who asked for Flack's help while she was covering Danny's shift. I think if my 'boyfriend/love interest/crush' (or whatever the hell he was) was grieving and wasn't turning to me but I knew he was spending time with another woman I'd at least entertain the idea that something was going on (even if I put it down to paranoia at the time).

Aside from this I don't think tptb can afford more D/L drama over Rikki. They've talked about 'dealing with' D/L and have hinted at it being resolved (at least directionally, I suspect) by the end of the season. How can that happen if Danny only tells her the whole truth in the last couple of episodes? My sense is she already knows or he's not going to tell her.

I really think that D/L's fundamental problems are down to communication. I suspect that Lindsay was so relieved after SOOH that she just 'fell into' things with Danny. I'm not saying she didn't have feelings for him, I think she did and obviously those feelings have developed into love. But, for Danny I suspect he's been a whole lot more cautious in terms of his feelings for her. After all, he put himself 'out there' only to be rejeccted only to put himself 'out there' again. While I honestly think Danny has deep feelings for her I can't blame the guy if he was confused about their relationship. I suspect his previous relationships had been relatively casual and the way this has all played out makes me think he possibly viewed things between him and Lindsay as casual as well (the difference being that maybe he wouldn't have taken that casual view if she hadn't rejected him in the first place). His reaction to her love declaration was, to me, one of shock and I imagine if tptb are committed to resolving D/L by having them properly together then the lack of any concrete direction/indication of the state of play with them is in an attempt to give Danny time to process his feelings and come back with a much stronger intent towards her in the final episodes.

While I believe Lindsay's treatment of Danny in S3 was one borne out of her own traumas, I think the way they played it left things unclear for us as viewers and ultimately for Danny as to how Lindsay really felt about him. I do agree with those that believed Danny was weakened by S3 although I absolutely disagree with those that believe Lindsay was selfish. She was traumatised by having to face her past and I think Danny understood that but I really can't blame him for not feeling able to commit to her straight away.

I guess what I'm getting at is that whatever is between D/L right now has very little to do with Rikki. In exactly the way that I don't believe the problems between D/L have been caused by Rikki. What happened with D/R was a symptom of Danny's grief and him not feeling able to turn to Lindsay (which is a symptom of whatever miscommunication had been going on there).

I feel less concerned now about needing to know that Lindsay knows now than I was a few weeks ago. I think I can accept a little ambiguity over it as long as we get some insight into the miscommunication/confusion between D/L over the state of things before Ruben's death and as long as we get some clarity about how they feel towards each other right now.

:)

6. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

I have a HDTV and she appeared not sad or crying or distraut....just....well soaking wet in the rain.

7. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Well, I am just happy to know it's boxers and not brief. And on top of that he has on "White Boxers". Boxers are made from thin material, and we all know that you CAN infact see through white fabric.

Giving everyone time to fantasize...........:drool:

Patiently waiting......:drool:

Ok, now that we have had our moment to wrap our minds around that. I just wanted to say "HI ALL"!!! Sorry I have been MIA lately. Duty calls and houses have to be saved and all. Busy busy busy!:)

8. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Well, wouldn't you kinda be annoyed if it were raining on you. I am kinda secretly hoping it is something to slap Danny and give him a V8 moment where he is like. Wait, I do love her, I am just a stupid man thinking with the wrong head again.

9. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Well, I had very carefully and very thoughtfully mapped out a plan to get me to "quite pleased". It was wasn't cheesy, cliche, or over-the-top. That promo just screwed up everything. I have no earthly idea what they are up to. I do tend to think that the promo was a trick. I hope so anyway because it really, really doesn't fit with my plan.:lol:

I was all set to see a promo featuring a basketball game! I just wish they'd stop trying to surprise me and tell a good story.

I see next week as make-or-break for my "pleasedness". If Rikki and Danny do share scenes, and those scenes are in any way ambigous, there will be no way to please me. None. Nope. Not a chance. I need some thing clear and beyond question from SMM. Babies won't do it. Sex (be it ever so purdy) won't do it. I need clarity. Nothing less and, please lord, nothing more.

10. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Boxers... Yum...:thumbsup:
    Naked would have been better but i can do half/ 3/4 naked.

The promo just confused me so put in iun a spoiler box as i kinda thought it was. Tho i decided they are designed to frustrate us more. and be on the verge of killing the tv people.

Ok.... soo watching it i can't help but feel that she see's danny with rikki... don't know why i was thinking that but for some reason i had image that she was watching him in like a coffee shop talkin to her. Need to stop thinking like this.

Tho i'm kinda annoyed if Lindsay is almost caught by the taxi cab killer and danny decided ahh crap i really do like her.... really won't be happy with it.

Tho was it me or i just couldnt picture it being a basketball theme with that promo... and have a feelin the scene could be cut.

I need to stop with the bad thoughts.

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I think any Rikki and Danny scene will be brief. By all accounts the fact her name is at the bottom of the cast list means it's likely that her scene will be very brief. As long as it's not a repeat of RND then I think I'll be okay with it as I'm pretty sure her presence will be pushing us a step closer to resolution whatever that may look like.

Ooh, in fact something just occurred to me. Doesn't plus size Paula's name appear above Rikki's? I'm sure it does. I'm assuming PSP's appearance would have to be a flashback because, well she's skinny now so there's no other way to work that really. So if she's appearing in a flashback and Rikki's on for an even shorter stretch of time (if in fact it's true that the cast list is in relation to screen time) that means Rikki's screentime is going to be very, very brief.

I have to say the basketball game never really sat well with my plans. It seemed out of place so I never really saw it as a good thing. Don't get me wrong if it does happen and it's good then I'm fine with that but I don't want it to be there to gloss over all the angst.

I actually thought they might go down a Lindsay drama centric route at some point. In part as an attempt to recapture the kick ass Lindsay from S2 and in part to give some sort of D/L push/pull. I don't want it to be some major D/L drama though with Danny running through the streets of NY searching for his Montana in the back of a cab. If something does happen to her then I'd like it to be driven by the need to show her dealing with it in a professional yet kick ass way. I know she can do it, I just wanna see it. On top of that it'd be nice to see Danny concerned about her but not in some OTT/cheesy way that suddenly brings the dawning light of love down on him. :)

I don't think she'll end up in the cab. I think this is just a ruse on the part of tptb or at most she may end up nearly getting in the cab but something stops her.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  12. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

[SPOILER="Response to JellyBelly]Who the heck is plus size Paula? Was she already in an episode? Now I am even more freaking confused...:confused:[/SPOILER]

13. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Meg, I'm so glad you asked that,
    I own all three seasons and just can't think who the hell she is!

I love this place! :lol:

14. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

I have no idea who PSP is either.

I was just thinking. What if L does see D&R together? And for that matter, did the person who said they were filming at her school specifically reference Admissions? I don't remember, if not, isn't it possible that the tension about Rikki actually comes in a later episode?

15. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

I'm sorry for the double posts. I can't figure out how to add a spoiler box when editing.

Anyway,
    I went in search of the post about the "tension" over Rikki. The poster said that 4x18 and 4x19 were being worked on simultaneously. So, it is possible that the tension that she mentioned could turn up in 19 instead of "Admissions" as we thought. Also this same poster claimed that 19 would end with a double cliff hanger. If that is the case, I would bet that L and the cab is one of them. Finally, this poster said that Danny and Rikki are going to start freshly. I guess this could refer to their scene in 19. I have no idea what that means and it could go either way, I guess. I have my bad thoughts and I am going to keep them buried way deep inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.