Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Natty, yes. Yes it is worth watching. *swoons* I'll need to get some stills...

On topic!

We all profess no more drama! for our ship but there is a frightening number of us who wish to see poor Linds in some sort of danger. I think there is a little sadist in us all that wants to see SMM in a complete panic and realising that his life isn't worth living without Miss Monroe. I want happy ever after but sometimes I feel my Team Lindsay shirt coming out of the closet and shout suffer boy!

Apologies for the outburst. Don't know how much I wanna see him suffer cause I think pretty soon we'll be at the afore mentioned straight jacket and padded cell.

*Waves Team Fluff banner*

Staying spoiler free doesnt work Natty. You end up going mad just imaging what might happen.

I refuse to read reviews the day the ep airs till i've seen it is what i've done recently i was fed up of readin bad reviews bout stuff (mainly DL) i wanted to get my on view and now what others thought. That works cos i go into the episode with a reasonably clear head.

I don't want bad stuff to happen i wouldnt mind some teamwork to solve something or guns out Mac does all the leg work. Drama is just to much and Danny had drama last finale I'm not sure they would do it this time round.

Where do I even begin? I think because I'm the furthest west you can get...all of you are on this board while I am sleeping! :p

This board has been a great distraction for me (not a good thing because right now I am in the middle of dead week...ugh finals...)

Welcome back Liff! I don't know how you can miss two hours on this board let alone two days!

I don't like seeing anyone suffer, but I feel there is fine line between grieving and self pity and right now Mr. Messer is pushing towards self pity. Oh and as for the finale, that would be incredibly cliche if the writers make it so that Danny has to rescue Lindsay in the hostage situation. :wtf:

Last edited:

Where do I even begin? I think because I'm the furthest west you can get...all of you are on this board while I am sleeping! :p

This board has been a great distraction for me (not a good thing because right now I am in the middle of dead week...ugh finals...)

Welcome back Liff! I don't know how you can miss two hours on this board let alone two days!

I don't like seeing anyone suffer, but I feel there is fine line between grieving and self pity and right now Mr. Messer is pushing towards self pity. Oh and as for the finale, that would be incredibly cliche if the writers make it so that Danny has to rescue Lindsay in the hostage situation. :wtf:

Actually it wouldn't be cliche but it would be one way for Danny to :eek: open his eyes and say......omg I love this woman.

I think it will be a romantic.......Danny rescues Lindsay and he says the words she longed to hear:

I love you Montanta and they will kiss and boom......stronger in love as they ever have been.

Back together!!!

I agree it would be romantic, BUT, it is not that type of show.

And if it did happen, I think that it would be too soon and rushed. I would like to see them build their relationship up first. Besides, I think Lindsay would think he is only saying that because she is about to die. She probably would like to hear it because he does not because he is afraid she is going to die.

Am I making any sense?

Yeah Meg I see where you're coming from. I only wanna see SMM suffer cause I'm sick in the head. :lol:

Linds is too strong to be all weepy & forgiving at a declaration of love coming at a moment like that. If he did hit out with it however, we'd need to see a return of old skool Linds - 'It took the thought of my death to realise you loved me? Get outta here cowboy!'

Let the chase begin!

I really, really don't want to see a 'Danny rescues Lindsay' story arc. If anyone needs rescuing at the moment it's Danny!!

*comes in, looks around - YES! - dumps a big bucket of strawberry ice cream on Liffy, just for ol' times' sake* :p - glad you're back :)

Jelly said:
I don't recall ever seeing anything specific about the S2 finale scene but I'm pretty sure Carmine talked about there being something between Danny and Lindsay that got cut. I got the impression that it was something that would have progressed their relationship much sooner than we eventually got.
You were right. That is what made us expect something more in the season 2 finale. I kinda forgot because there was never reveiled what the cut scene was. :(

Carly said:
damn TPTB. and those are the scenes that sound the best. maybe we get some new promo shots for Boo too. that would be awesome.
It would be awesome to still see that forehead kiss, but on the other hand it would be extremely frustrating too :brickwall:, because then we would know that it was really shot and was cut out of the ep :scream:...TPTB should really put some missing scenes from all 4 seasons on the season 4 DVD's to make up for the 3 eps we're gonna miss this year...:cool:

I would love love love to see his reaction to Lindsay getting hurt and him being unable to do anything to help. and then when she is back in his arms we can finally get the I love you too we all now he so wants to say
I'm really torn about this...I agree with Jelly that Danny is the one who really needs to be saved right now :(, but I do think that perhaps Lindsay being in danger could be the thing that 'saves' him by helping him to open his eyes and see that life goes on...if the fact that she's trying to keep him at a distance isn't enough of a wake-up call for him (and angst for us :cool:), than perhaps a dangerous situation might help things along :)

Liffy said:
As for Danny's unattractive underwear... :lol: No comment on my behalf, lol I don't think the man cared what he had on (don't think Linds did either), it was all whipped off anyway.
Yeah, okay it was whipped off at some point alright, but why not ripped off :devil:...at least then he wouldn't have been able to put it back on again...;)

I'm just hoping that the 'Montana' Lindsay/Hawkes scene means that things are not being completely solved this season...I would like just a hint in the finale that the future is looking brighter, but if I had to choose between D/L back together this season in a little unbelievable way or next season after some hard times I'd take the latter.

Cecilia, when Lindsay says she misses being called Montana it doesn't sound like she is really holding him off anymore, but perhaps she has made it pretty clear that he shouldn't mess with her anymore and he is just afraid to do or say anything that might rub her the wrong way

I think its a matter of the two of them saving each other. Maybe a little more for Danny but Lindsay needs to be as well. Like I mentioned earlier, though, there is a very fine line between grieving and having a pity party for oneself and Danny is starting to border towards the latter.

My only problem is right now is that Danny with his intense mood swings. That one episode that Danny and Lindsay worked on together (with the steel balls) he seemed to be do all right...then the next episode he is forgetting birthdays and sleeping with the mother and moody. Then he is asking Lindsay to watch a movie together as if nothing has happened? Ow now my brain is hurting... :lol:

My only problem is right now is that Danny with his intense mood swings. That one episode that Danny and Lindsay worked on together (with the steel balls) he seemed to be do all right...then the next episode he is forgetting birthdays and sleeping with the mother and moody. Then he is asking Lindsay to watch a movie together as if nothing has happened? Ow now my brain is hurting... :lol:

It's interesting that the only real impact of Danny's grief that we see is in terms of his relationships (with both Lindsay and Rikki). Since he blew off work to go and retrieve his gun we haven't really seen any negative impact in terms of his job. If anything he appears calm and in control while Lindsay's the one 'losing it' on the job. I guess we've seen Danny's work being affected by his personal life before so now they've decided to take the other route, which I guess makes some sense in terms of this time it was his work that impacted on him personally (i.e. he put his responsibilities re. being a cop above watching out for Ruben).

That's why I really hope this whole thing doesn't end up being just about him and Lindsay. I really want to see some sort of dialogue at least where we get a real feel for how Danny's coping with what's happened. To me, he's obviously trying to 'move on' as Flack advised but is creating a potential negative impact on those he cares about (well, actual negative impact on Lindsay).

We're all assuming (at least I am) that Lindsay's declaration jolted him out of his destructive pattern but do we really know that? Who's to say he's not still sleeping with Rikki? (and no, I don't mean that in relation to him 'choosing' Rikki, more in that he's totally separated Rikki from everything else in his life in an attempt to continue burying his grief).

We know from the basketball spoiler that tptb are at least attempting to salvage something from D/L, be it friendship or more. We haven't really had anything from this weeks episodes aside from a 'fan' stating there is tension re. Danny and Rikki but that isn't concrete and could just be speculation. I think ep 18 will either have no D/L or it will contain something a little unexpected in terms of real progression in their relationship. The fact that Rikki makes an appearance after the game is confusing. Either it's a goodbye scene or it's there to reveal that whatever was between Danny and Rikki is not yet over, which could be the case bearing in mind D/L going from 'date' in 19 to sadness over the lack of 'Montana' in 20. There's also nothing about D/L in the finale. I don't know why but I just have a sneaky suspicion that they will keep prodding at it for the next couple of episodes but that we will have some directional clarity by the end of ep 20. I'm not convinced we will have a D/L heavy finale, there seems to be too much else going on for that.

In terms of my biggest concern, it has to be that they either push D/L back together without a 'real' resolution or that there's some big jolt in store for them that forces them back together. That's why I don't want there to be a big 'one of them is in danger' threat. The other thing I really don't want for them at the moment is babies. I can't get Carmine's comment about it being over or them having a child out of my head. As much as we've often doubted Carmine's comments in the past and put them down to his attempts at misdirection or ignorance about future plotlines, he has been spookily on the ball in terms of D/L sex at the end of S3 and now, Danny cheating during S4. In terms of what I do want, it's simple really. I want Danny to be upfront about his feelings and for D/L to have a clear direction where we know how each of them is feeling about the other. Either they call it quits and stay as just friends or they forgive and agree to move onto the 'forgetting' part.

I have an opinion about this, but I think most of you in here would throw things at me and ban me from the thread. :guffaw:

Instead, I'll try to avoid the frying pan and keep my mouth shut.

My British girls! Have you seen the Tudors? ;) so off topic I know but utterly necessary!

I ain't British, but I've basically watched the ep through screencaps and :eek: :lol: Yes, I'm a freak like that.

Those Snow Day promos are beautiful! I would have loved to see that scene.

Last edited:

Staying spoiler free doesnt work Natty. You end up going mad just imaging what might happen.

well, it works for me. the reason Im SF is that when I know something is going to happen, I cant stop imagine it. and then no matter of the outcome, the actual scene is never as I imagined which kinda disapoints me. this way, Im always surprised - not always pleasantly but never dissapointed

I'm really torn about this...I agree with Jelly that Danny is the one who really needs to be saved right now

I agree. he needs to be saved from himself. and although it felt like Lindsays declaration jolted him out of his haze a little I think he needs a real kick to get out of the deep hole he dugged for himself. Lindsay in danger could be such a kick.

I also agree then neither of them needs more drama but I also fear that it will take something drastic or huge to save Danny.

with the I love you too I was riding the fluffy wave but I dont think it would be so impossible to incorporate. they dont need to kiss - although they should, at least once so there is an actual reason for me to buy the DVD set :confused:, and she doesnt need to forgive him or take him right back. and it doesnt have to be in the finale either, though I dont think we have that much time left. it could be for him to realize that there are still things in his life that are worth figting for and if he doesnt start with it soon he may very well loose them (her)

I'm not really into the whole Lindsay being kidnapped idea. I mean, why on Earth would it take Lindsay being kidnapped, after all she's told him, for him to realise how much she means to him? It's kinda dumb, and if I were Lindsay, I'd shove him off and tell him I can take care of myself. He can go play superhero to other grieving mothers, I'm fine on my own.

Yeah, okay that was slightly bitter, but I really don't want Lindsay to be rescued by anyone. She's stronger than that and it irritates me that the writers seem to think Lindsay "needs" Danny to stand up. She doesn't, and we're starting to see that. Hopefully in the next ep we can see her ignore Danny or something, and if things are bothering her, Danny doesn't have anything to do with it.

I thought about the fact that we don't know what's happening between Danny and Rikki after 4x16, but we've got the thumbs up from Kristin and Ausiello so I'm guessing that this storyline is coming to an end. How else are we not going to be disappointed and even pleased? Ausiello can be a cow sometimes, but unfortunately, he does tend to get things right :p

JellyBelly said:
I really, really don't want to see a 'Danny rescues Lindsay' story arc. If anyone needs rescuing at the moment it's Danny!!
He really needs to find himself and then figure out what he wants. I dunno, but to me he seems a little less evasive in the last episode, so maybe that's a sign as to where he is with himself? Perhaps he's done with the grief and now wants to get Lindsay back? Gosh it sounds like an episode from Days of Our Lives. :rolleyes: But what can you do? The writers need to fix it, and I wont be pleased unless they do it right.

I might have said this before but if the writers think we're that needy and will take any DL we're given without a second thought about how stupid it is, they're sadly mistaken.

Little_Peaches said:
It took the thought of my death to realise you loved me? Get outta here cowboy!
Haha, I actually can see Lindsay getting angry at the fact that it took her nearly dying for him to realise something that's been in front of him this whole time. Hopefully she punches him in the face and leaves with a hot fireman or something. :p

dutch_treat said:
I'm really torn about this...I agree with Jelly that Danny is the one who really needs to be saved right now :(, but I do think that perhaps Lindsay being in danger could be the thing that 'saves' him by helping him to open his eyes and see that life goes on...if the fact that she's trying to keep him at a distance isn't enough of a wake-up call for him (and angst for us :cool:), than perhaps a dangerous situation might help things along :)
I'm actually fine if we get Danny trying to regain Lindsay's trust and love but she's hesitant to give in to him, and so is holding him back at arms length. It shows that she's not stupid in taking him back the moment he comes around, and we get to see that Danny really cares for her and wants her back. :)

That kind of angst is fine because the card's on the table and we can just slowly see the improvements of their relationship. Sadly though, I doubt the writers are going to go this route. Something makes me think they're going to try and make DL at least starting over by the end of the season. Considering the number of episodes left, it could still work but only if the writers include the right amount of DL in each episode (and it's going to take the finale too)...

JellyBelly said:
That's why I really hope this whole thing doesn't end up being just about him and Lindsay. I really want to see some sort of dialogue at least where we get a real feel for how Danny's coping with what's happened. To me, he's obviously trying to 'move on' as Flack advised but is creating a potential negative impact on those he cares about (well, actual negative impact on Lindsay).
Yeah, I hope that the grieving just doesn't disappear, and after 4x16 I think we all deserve to know what happened after, what's happening now, and what's happening next. I can't believe he can just drop the grief and suddenly go back to pursuing Lindsay - how dumb and unrealistic would that be? If that's the case, Lindsay should make a mental note to dump him everytime he's grieving. It leads to security against him being stupid with other women, and accelerates the grieving process. :rolleyes:
SpeedsDaughter said:
I have an opinion about this, but I think most of you in here would throw things at me and ban me from the thread.
Aw come on, you're not that important in here anyway. So you might as well tell us. If we kick you out, you won't be missed. :)

...hehehe, I'm just kidding. We love you :D Now tell!

Considering the number of episodes we have left, I think DL could be salvaged in a reasonable way...

418: We have supposed tension between DL and the possible mention of Rikki. We have no confirmation on it, but I hope it happens. At least we can possibly get the closure of knowing that Lindsay's aware of what happened between Danny and Rikki. By the end of the episode, we could get some kind of conclusion, resulting in Lindsay's reluctance to be in a relationship with Danny, but willing to save whatever friendship they have left. Danny's forced to accept, despite his want and need to "fix" their relationship.

419: The date isn't a date, and is them going out together trying to be friends. Rikki's appearance is her goodbye and it would be great if the scene is between Danny and Rikki, for Lindsay's name to come up. Oh, and possibly the word "mistake" too - a few times.

420: Lindsay's confession of missing being called "Montana" goes to show they're not "there" yet (and rightfully so), but maybe nearing there. Having Danny call her Montana near the end of the episode would work well I think.

421: Finale, big episode - so they're going to need a distraction (we had DL last season, so who's to say we won't get it now?) It doesn't even have to be a big explosive scene but seeing them walk together (maybe to or after lunch? Or a park...or somewhere outside of work) and talking about them. By the end of it, we see them agreeing to start over, and they either share a hesitant smile and a hug, or make they could make the bold move of a forehead kiss.

I don't think the scenes are that big, but they need to be to the point and convey the points that need to be carried across without anymore guessing games. If TPTB really think the outcome is going to "please" us DL fans, then I really can't figure out anything less that would. (Well, okay this is pleasing me - but still... :p)
Dawni said:
I used to be SF, but then I went crazy with all the spoiler boxes running around. Up to the point where all the subject titles were "Go Away Liffy!" -- anyone remember that? Ahh...the good old days.

Little_Peaches said:
We all profess no more drama! for our ship but there is a frightening number of us who wish to see poor Linds in some sort of danger. I think there is a little sadist in us all that wants to see SMM in a complete panic and realising that his life isn't worth living without Miss Monroe. I want happy ever after but sometimes I feel my Team Lindsay shirt coming out of the closet and shout suffer boy!
I don't want to see Lindsay hurt or in danger! (Okay, I do, because it'd be hot to see her kick some ass and get herself out of it -- and maybe be rescued by some hot fireman -- leaving Danny green as he watches her curl up against the big man :lol: ), but I have to confess to being slightly sadistic when it comes to Danny. He's suffered enough from the guilt, and losing Lindsay and everything I think... (but I still want more!). I dunno, I think having Lindsay push him away when he's trying to fix things would give him a chance to figure out just how big a screw up he's been lately. :)

And all those deleted scenes needs to be on the S4 DVD! ON ALL THE REGIONS!!! :scream:

And all those deleted scenes needs to be on the S4 DVD! ON ALL THE REGIONS!!! :scream:

Yeah, and also the cut scenes from SD. I'd so love to see them.

Oh, after 4.16 I actually stopped speculating what's happening next, because I don't want to be disappointed.

But whenever I'm successful with that, I suddenly get little hints, like the things that were said from Kristin and Ausiello. I mean, of course, it could be wrong (btw, is talking about this already spoiler? I'm not sure). But well, the Ausiello spoiler from 4.16 (other woman, sex) was right as well, like the one we got before SD aired. So why should this one be wrong?

Now it depends on what's being 'not disappointed' and 'quite pleased' means to us. Right now, I'm already pleased when both Danny and Lindsay stay in the show. And I'd be happy if they could act like friends again, without this distance between them (one reason why I miss season 2). I have no idea what this in 4.19 date will be, if there's still something between Rikki, or if Lindsay knows or what else will happen. I just hope (and actually believe) that the writers know what they're doing. I hope, they'll find a nice way to solve this. I don't want Rikki to come back anymore, but I hope she gets a nice good-bye, because I have to admit, apart from what has happened in 4.16, I liked her. And I want that Danny and Lindsay find a way to interact. I don't need them to be together that quick (but later. I want my DL back). I just want this drama to end.

^^^ i want the drama to end too. i miss S2- late S3 D/L a lot.

i'm hoping the writers have some decency and don't make anything traumatic happen to Danny or Lindsay and have one of them save the other. it's old and over used. it would be nice to see but very over used.

if D/L eventually get back together i want it be kinda a slow process. they've been through so much and i feel that they kinda need to get to know each other again.

i was looking through some Grey's Anatomy quotes the other day and i found this one that sounds like it fits D/L perfectly:
"Messing up... it's what makes a person. it's what how we learn. where we find joy. and the things you don't plan for... are the things you never see coming"

we all know that Danny and Lindsay as their own characters have messed up things in their life plenty of times. after i read this quote and thought of D/L it made what they're going through i a little easier to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back