Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Hello troops! I've now got a sudden image of us all wearing Kevlar and holding guns - no idea why but I'll go with it.
    I can see us dealing with one heck of a bad guy(girl?) for the finale. I'm thinking bank robberies - no scrap that, major jewellery heists - trip down memory lane anyone? ;) (I digress)Regrets - why didn't I just let him hug me? A kidnapping, someone taking a bullet, or two... Later getting over said regrets....

P.s - for all you fuff bunnies - please remove hug and replace with kiss :D

P.p.s - for all you gutterazzi like myself - please scrap both hug & kiss and replace with making nice on the pool table. :devil:

I need a theme song for kevlar & guns *Goes off to ponder*

2. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Let's see if I can do this:

I saw in the spoilers thread that Anna had been moved to recurring for one of the future eps. Does this concern any one else? I would be sooooo upset if she were moved to recurring because D/L were over.

3. Little_Peaches

Ok Cecilia, I'll see if I can help you out

This did not worry me exactly when it was first brought to my attention. Megan! stop laughing! Nah some research was made & it turns out it just looks like it's another mistake on the press release. Apparently for ep 4.15 DOA for a day she was placed as recurring but of course - she's listed in the main opening credits. Even the plot synopsis and guest stars are the same so others have been thinking someone has prob just copied and pasted 4.15. Also, questions were asked regarding contracts and apparently NY isn't due for renewal until Season 6. Breathe!

Tada! Now to stay on topic - what is everyone else's opinion on what will happen in the finale? Or their ideal scenario - I wanna hear fluff, how bout we have some fun & ignore TPTB's concept of reality. Dutch! I'm relying on you for some angsty satisfaction. Failing that, are you back behind the bar? :lol: :beer:

4. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I agree that for any reconcilliation to be realistic and stand the test of time, they would need to not rush into anything. But, didn't tptb clearly state they were going to 'deal with' Danny and Lindsay? How is leaving the state of their relationship open 'dealing' with it?

This probably isn't that spoilerish really but being new, I wanted to check out the whole 'spoiler' cut and how to do it! Specifically, didn't Carmine basically say it'd be over or there would be a clear resolution?

Ooh, it worked!

While I love the idea of some sort of 'moment' indicating they are moving forward in their relationship didn't we have that exact same scenario last season? I mean, I know some people think that the pool table incident was a 'one off' but to me that was likely the start of something. I just think that however they end this season it's likely to be over or they will clearly be a couple. Personally I don't mind a little ambiguity (and in fact prefer that to an 'it's over' scenario) but I definitely have the impression that this storyline was created (at least in part) to resolve any ambiguity. Any thoughts?:p

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  5. Little_Peaches

I really wouldn't take anything Carmine has to say too seriously, if there was a clear cut answer he wouldn't be giving it away. Where's the fun it that? Besides at that point they hadn't begun filming eps 4.18 and onwards, I think could be wrong but that was from a while back.

DL is love! I don't know if we'll get a straight forward answer. Maybe that was the plan pre strike but there is the possibility with the rush to get them all written & losing 3eps, they'll allow any definative answers to appear in Season 5.

Crack open the champagne in celebration of Season 5 happiness!

Deluded fluff bunny.....

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'm back from my trip! :D Haha - just kidding - I'm procrastinating...again. :p
    Cecilia, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'm sure it's yet another mistake on TPTB's part - like last time. :rolleyes: Otherwise we would've been given some kind of announcement on the matter.

And did Peter Lenkov not say it's going to be a 'neat storyline'? Well, I think he was talking about DL anyway, I don't remember - I was too annoyed with him to re-read the interview. :lol: But anyway, yeah if it is neat, I would agree with you JellyBelly in thinking that this (I personally find it ridiculous) storyline is in some way going to define Danny and Lindsay's relationship even more.

I mean up to SD, we never really got much of how they felt about each other - truly, (aside from the 'I really like you' from Lindsay in LRC) and it would be (to quote) 'neat' to see Danny's feelings on the relationship. Even though he shows the more obvious attraction, the something more has always come from Lindsay - she pulled him back to kiss him (or attempted to at least) in SOoH, and she initiated the whole (absolutely lovely) pool table make out turning to love making scene in SD :D

But yeah, I think this storyline is going to give Danny a good reason to tell Lindsay how he really feels - because unless he can really convince her that he cares about her, and everything else was just a mistake, I don't think she's going to give him the time of day to possibly hurt her again - especially if he's not serious with her.

Hee! Maybe we'll get a lovely DL scene next week that ends with some kind of awkward embrace and them starting over. :)

Yup! I'm still in a hyper fluffy mood :p
    If it's not - I'm going to WHACK someone! :p

7. JellyBelly

Let's hope so :)

I had this horrible thought based on the spoilers to hand that Danny is going to attempt to reconcile things with Lindsay without telling her about Rikki but then she finds out about her at the end of 4.19. We know there's supposed to be tension in the next episode, that Lindsay is central to the case and is the person the rape victim confides in. This makes me wonder if Danny doesn't offer some sort of comfort that then leads to the 'date' in ep 19. Then we get a return of Rikki towards the end (I believe) of that episode. Even worse, maybe Danny is still 'comforting' Rikki and Lindsay pops round to see him at the end of the case because their 'date' was cut short and she gets a glimpse of Danny with Rikki. Agghhh, I need fluff, or chocolate, or alcohol.

In terms of wrapping up D/L 'neatly' there either needs to be some big revelation on Danny's part where he confesses to being a bit loopy for the past few episodes and tells Lindsay that he has strong feelings for her and wants to make things right, or they're done. Simple as that imo. And I'm not sure I like either scenario really. I guess the only other alternative is for them to be some clarity in terms of D/L not really having gotten off the ground and despite Lindsay being hurt by Danny sleeping with Rikki, maybe she understands that there was no real commitment between them up until this point so doesn't see it as cheating. :confused:

8. Little_Peaches

*Whacks Jelly with choc chip grand marnier flavoured cookies - they come in a fluffy pink box ;)*

Jelly, I'm sorry but it's gonna be all ok! As the canons are firmly on deck of our ship it's gonna take a lot other than some casual references from TPTB to have us worried, let's face it - they throw this at us to promote this kind of reaction and to ensure we tune in. Hell yes, it does work! Are you sure that with all this angst you aren't Dutch in disguise? *Ducks as items are flung back at Peaches*

I'm only kidding, this thread is kinda like group therapy for me at times and by the sounds of it, I'm not the only one :lol: Panic! - I digress
    Ramble away, I do it often enough. :D

I honestly don't think we're gonna have another *sighs* 'situation'. It would be beyond out of character for everyone. SMM's face alone after Linds confession and then the way he was watching her face for every tiny reaction whilst discussing renting a movie - he makes the suggestion then waits, doesn't go 'Oops, shouldn't have said that!' He wants to watch one with her. :D Lady V also stated it was just sex. Easy to fall back into it whilst you're wearing the other person's clothes & in his apartment. Not so easy when you meet in the hall fully clothed and thinking to yourself, I had sex with them to dull the pain of losing my child. There may be other things we need to worry about but a repeat is one we probably don't need to think about. Hope that helps with the fluffyness! :lol:

9. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Well I had similar thoughts as well - but then I popped in chocolate and it all went away. Right now the situation's a little confusing. We don't know who feels what and who knows what. It's all guess work. So the writers really need to give some clarity on the matter.

Kristin said that a writer told her that we wont be disappointed. How can we not be disappointed by anything less the reconciliation between Danny and Lindsay and them starting over? With real commitment this time - and they make that clear between them.

If Danny's comforting Rikki, I'll shoot someone. (Not sure if it's going to be him or her yet) :lol:

Btw, JellyBelly, can I call you Jello? It's shorter and I like the word Jello :lol:
    Exactly - at this point, they're either done or going to get really serious. My vote goes on the latter! :) I think it'd be good if we hear Danny tell Linds that he wants to make things right. I like that - alot. :) I know it's going to be hard for Lindsay to let him in again but I think, I hope that she's not beyond giving him a second chance.

10. JellyBelly

Much obliged. Thank you, all's good in my world again. :)

I honestly don't think we're gonna have another *sighs* 'situation'. It would be beyond out of character for everyone. SMM's face alone after Linds confession and then the way he was watching her face for every tiny reaction whilst discussing renting a movie - he makes the suggestion then waits, doesn't go 'Oops, shouldn't have said that!' He wants to watch one with her. :D Lady V also stated it was just sex. Easy to fall back into it whilst you're wearing the other person's clothes & in his apartment. Not so easy when you meet in the hall fully clothed and thinking to yourself, I had sex with them to dull the pain of losing my child. There may be other things we need to worry about but a repeat is one we probably don't need to think about. Hope that helps with the fluffyness! :lol:
    [/quote]

Oh I know, I'm being silly but that's what RND did for me. As for SMM's face, I think you're right, not only his face in LWFM but also RND after her declaration. Yes, he looked shocked but there was also this little lip tremor that I didn't notice the first time - awww. I think the thing that's worrying me the most is the 'date' spoiler. It really looks like they're having fun but then we know Rikki pops up in some form after that which makes me worry the 'date' is based on half truths, if it's a date at all. I'm just hoping I'm wrong and Rikki popping up is either a flashback or it's a goodbye scene. Also, if they're having fun at the game what's the spoiler about him not calling her Montana about in 4.10. Oh god, eats more cookies, I obviously hadn't had enough.

You can call me whatever you like as long as it's in line with the board rules :p

I think he needs to make it clear he wants to make things right AND give her some sort of believable and sympathetic reason for his behaviour.

11. Little_Peaches

Jelly I'm gonna make it all fluffy for you - go back to the Jaws scene, watch him bite his lip as she says 'this is hard' and then watch him check her ass out as she leaves.

I rest my case! For the time being of course! x

12. JellyBelly

Okay, switching back into positive fluffy mode now. He obviously cares about her and wants to spend time with her, which is more than he has done if you take Lindsay's monologue into account. Obviously something has changed for him but she's not able to quite 'go there' with him yet. :)

13. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Yay! Fluff all the way baby!

Hey Peaches! give me some of the cookies! sound absolutely delicious! Oh and the way he has been looking at Lindsay in that scene, we all know he is thinking dirty thoughts even though he doesn't deserve it at this point.

I would like to see him try just a wee bit harder, though!:p

14. Little_Peaches

*Grins wickedly*

The love is seeping through! Doubt is waning, fluff is creeping in and if you let it... Breathe in the intoxicating fumes from the gutterazzi patrol!

So how is Linds gonna test SMM? There will come a time when she's almost forgiven him but her wicked side is gonna let him go to extreme lengths to prove he means what he says. What has SMM gotta do? I already had the bullet theory! :lol: Seriously, how bout we keep it light until we're cursed with some evil promo that causes Panic! at the disco.

*Chucks cookies at Meg but not aimed at her head! :D*

Oh my god, you are like my psychic twin!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  15. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I learn from the best my dear! I don't recall your bullet theory care to refresh my memory puhwease? :D

*grabs the cookies*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.