The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #18

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

You know, even if I weren't a N/G shipper, I can't see the writer's making another GSR mistake - by saying that, I mean, I can't see them making new eppy's with a bunch of N/this chick scenes... And having it kind of shoved down throats. Although, maybe I can, because if they're giving him a chick, then they're worried about people thinking he's gay (or just really want him to have a chick), and they'll want it shoved down people's throats to get the point across. -shrugs-

And candy, just because there maybe might be a new chick, we're not necessarily doomed. If we've got 8 years of subtext, like I said, they can't just stop it. And yes, I realize that if they're really going to go all out and make Nick have a family and whatnot (a little farther into the future) then yeah, maybe then, sure. -shrugs- But right now, we've still got a bit of a chance.

NOW, what I mean by a chance is that she could merely be used as a "prop" to get something to finally be said. Now, the pessimist in me really doesn't see this as a chance but I'm not saying that we still don't have a chance. Not to mention that we remember how Warrick's marriage fell apart, so there's always that chance.

And like someone said (OTL, I think), one date doesn't mean anything - well, it means attraction, but ANYWAY. I'm just saying that a chick doesn't mean the end of anything, and while marriage might, still doesn't.

Come on, guys! Where's the faith I've seen for so long? I mean yeah, the whole Nick having a date/girlfriend/whatever kind of messes stuff up for us, but there's nothing saying that just because someone starts dating means we have to stop shipping. And still, it might be a long shot, but there's still a chance. -shrugs-

I apologize if I'm sounding like I'm attacking anyone, I guess I just don't understand the whole "It's over" thing if Nick gets a girlfriend. Now, I don't have any other real experience with other ships, but one just doesn't give up because someone's with someone else, do they? Well, not in ship universe, at least. :3

Anyway, Katlynn, I think I'd be mortified if I was in math class dreaming about Nick & Greg too :D But luckily I don't have to deal with a room full of other people anymore :D

D: This was pretty huge. Sorry!

ETA: Sara's Girl, I'm afraid I can't help you out on the Norwegian thing. :( I'd totally help you out if I could, though! :\ I know that's not anything, though.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I hate to compare us to GSR but if you recall both Grissom and Sara had other love interests before they became canon. Maybe Nick and/or Greg need to be with others to realize how much they love each other. Or maybe she is part of the mix, like a threesome. Maybe it's a fantasy for Greg to see Nick with a woman...

3. jay

jay Witness

I really didn't mean to imply anyone's intelligence level with what I said, I just don't want to see anyone get upset. I just want us all to be happy.

With that out of the way, I really don't think we have anything to worry about with this date thing. Look at what happened when we got that "I don't think it's a good idea to sate someone you work with" line. RIGHT after that we got Warrick saying to Nick "Not like you and me, Baby?" and so on. Right after we heard something we feared would be the iceberg for the SS LoveBoat, we get some REALLY slashy stuff from Nick.

And look at the Danny/Flack ship over in New York. Both of them have had girlfriends and the slash hasn't died at all. I have yet to see the episode, but from what I understand, Flack even went out of his way (risking his career AND his life) to help Danny. So just because Nick has what, in my mind we be a one night (maybe 2 night) stand, doesn't mean the end of the Love. Like others have said: we have 8 years worth of slash to go on. And c'mon, we all know Nick's an ass man, and this girl's ass will have NOTHING on Greg's. :devil:

Oh and I took the quiz too. I'm Doc Robbins! Which is awesome cuz Doc Robbins rules. It was 80% Doc Robbins and 75% Greg, so make of that waht you will.

4. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Well, my sissy told me this when her hopes of Remus/Sirius died with Sirius (She's a harry Potter freak) "If your ship sinks, learn to swim.":thumbsup:

The Love isn't going anywhere for us. But, if it is, then we still have Nick, Greg, and all the great memories.

But, I'm not giving up.:p

Nick and Greg, as has been said SOOOO many times, have EIGHT SEASONS WORTH OF SUBTEXT. And, like someone (I'm too lazy to go back up and check) said before, we have so many moments that point that both of them are as crooked as can get. Basically, trying to straighten out Nick's image (And even Greg's, by having Nick get this girl) isn't working. They've pretty much outted the character themselves. Oh, like someone said, Nick thinking that it's better to keep a relationship out of work, and then Warrick saying, 'Like you and me, baby?"

Or, ooh, one of my fav moments, because it made me laugh so much, Nick when they where re-doing the senerio surrounding the beating of that guy on the plane, he is forced to be the wife to Warrick, because that's the only place left, and when he's going past him, he says, "Excuse me, buttercup." COME ON! What straight-laced man would do that? hehe. I mean, Warrick and him are pretty good friends, but...

I know this is like from sooooooooo long ago, but I agree that Hodges has a sort of hetero-man crush on Nick.:lol: I find that funny.

Did you know that if you go to fanfiction dot net and put Bobby Dawson's name in the filter, all the stroys with him in it are slash? It's Bobby/Hodges, Bobby/Nick, Bobby/Greg. Except for mine...which is Sara/Bobby. (Please, don't ask)

bye, bye!

-Lynn

5. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Well put. I guess some people (me included) just sort of.. ah, umm.. well to say "freaked" would be be bad in this context, but for lack of a better word, freaked out at this 'cause it's like instead of coming out of the closet, he's sort of... going back in, ya know? Kind of like an alternating current. The electrons are pushed forward, then pulled back. But the electrons still push forward and continue moving so maybe Nick will be the same way? He was heading towards Greggo, got pulled back by his own fear then realized his true love was indeed Greg. I dunno, just me rambling again, I guess.

^-^ That's so true! There was Sophia for Grissom, Hank for Sara and I'm sure there were others, but they escape my mind. So who really knows what TPTB are up to...

^-^ Nick's relationships haven't really lasted very long, have they? After that night with Kristy (uggh, the flashbacks. >.<) she ends up murdered. We didn't even hear again about that woman from the club, and now a waitress. Hmm, I really hope we don't see much of her. Maybe just Nick mentioning that he was casually seeing her to Greg (inciting jealousy from Greg) and Greg gets kind of angry, upset. Who honestly knows.
    But I doubt they could really get rid of all the subtext. There's a lot between Nick and Greg. All of it could never be stopped. And if it was, well, it wouldn't really be CSI anymore for me.
    Just my two cents for now. xD

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

My_last_chance, Don't forget about Grissom and Lady Heather! As far as Hodges having a man-crush on Nick, that makes a lot of sense. Especially since he is so obviously jealous of Greg! I'm not worried, whether Nick has a girlfriend or not, I'm sure we'll still get plenty of slashy/subtexty moments in the future. You can't hide that kind of love.

7. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Wow... I go away for what? A day? And then you guys post up a storm! Phew! took me forever to read it all. lol.

Sara's Girl - Thanks for the link! I took the quiz and you'll never guess who I turned out to be! That's right! I'm Greg Sanders. lol. Here's how it panned out: 80%Greg, 75%Brass, 75% Warrick, 40% Sara, 30%Gil, 30% Nick, 30% Al, and 15% Cath. It's an interesting mix, I must say. And I do like Brass, so that's a good thing. Funny though, I thought for sure I'd rate higher with Nick. Oh well. Heh, I guess this means I get to date the hot cowboy! And no, I do not have any fantasies of seeing him with a girl! lol. Just him and me, and no one else.

So, I have to say, I really like the line "If your ship sinks, learn to swim." It's perfect. As is the Defining Moments of The Love wiki's "theme song" by Dido. You know the one in my sig "I will go down with this ship, I won't put my hands up and surrender." Yup, that's me. I'm going to be hopeful. I don't want to see a girlfriend, but as you've all pointed out, it could work out. I'd love to see Greg snap at her in the restaurant. And see him get all possessive over Nick, and annoyed at her. It would be cute. lol. One doesn't normally describe jealousy as cute, but with Greg, you can. lol.

Oh yeah, and as for my work, one more week, and I should get more stuff posted. Hopefully. ttyl!

8. my_last_chance

^-^ Ah yes, the murder on a plane episode. That one was pretty interesting! I thought it was interesting when Nicky was the wife and he actually called Warrick 'buttercup.' Like you pointed out, Lynn, I doubt a "straight laced" man would say that. Made me chuckle, though.

^-^ I totally forgot about Lady Heather, and she was probably one of the most interesting people on the show. Thanks for reminding me Wojo!

9. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

So, I'm going to ask you something, and, no need to answer, becuase I'm only being silly, but, imagine this;

we all know Nick seriously dislikes peanut butter?

What if Greg had something with peanut butter in it for brekfast, and, before they go in for work, Nick wants to give him a goodbye kiss? Would Nick kiss him?

hehe. I don't know where that came from!

I may just write something about that! :lol:

basically, that was just to clear out minds of the doom that has clouded them because of the spoiler. Not that we're blaming you person who posted it...

Also, I'd be happy to start the next thread...only I have no f*?!ing idea how to do it.:p (That's my fav smiley. I'm putting it in all my posts. deal with it.)

So, yeah...

-Lynn

10. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Couldn't agree more, there is no way we should give up on our ship because Nick might be going out with some woman. There are so many possibilities of why they are introducing this (if, indeed, they are) and to my mind, it's not over till it's over *sings a little bit* :p

Anyway, i certainly will not be giving up, I stand by my ship! (the) Love will conquer all...etc. I think you're right, Wojo, about other love interests not necessarily being a barrier, it has been seen before and just helps people who belong together realise that anything else is just second best.

Thanks, Suckerforasmile, I appreciate the thought anyway :) it's my own fault for wanting to put Norwegian in my fic, I shouldn't be so awkward. lol.

QOTU - you finally took the quiz! Yey, come and stand over here in Greg corner, there are plenty of us!

Katlynn - of course he would still kiss Greg. Wouldn't you?!

Keep up the optimism, people. I am choosing to bolster my optimism by rewatching choice Love moments. Ah, gotta love Up in Smoke...(again)

Nat xx

11. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

I think he would. Nicky's love for Greggo is too strong for him not to kiss him goodbye. *sigh* The thought of their love being so domestic like that makes me all sad I'm single. No worries Katlynn888 I'm always thinking of random things like that about the boys, and frankly all the characters in CSI.

love_fan I love that idea.I love caveman Nicky. Heres info about the new guy they are currently looking to cast form the original article about Gary leaving. :(

Meanwhile,
    CSI execs aren't wasting any time searching for Dourdan's replacement. I'm told producers have put out a casting call for a new male series regular in his late twenties to early thirties to play Ray Santoro, a "handsome, smart and athletic" CSI who transfers from Henderson to join the graveyard shift at the Las Vegas crime lab.

So maybe we have a yummy boy threesome in our future. Man that would make a great fanfic. Heres another question do you think either Nicky or Greggo would share one another with another player in bed? or their relationship? Its hard to say cause they both seem so protective of each other. What do you guys think?

PS. I will never give up on THE LOVE or anyother ships I support for that matter.

12. jay

jay Witness

Hey guys! I finally wrote that fic based on the post I made a while back. There is some minor language and boykissing, but that's about it. I normally don't pimp my own fics here, but I'll make an exception as enough people wanted me to write it.

Here's the link: http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=4849

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I mostly lurk on this thread, even though I have become a lot more of a The Love shipper as of lately. I've been reading a ton of the fanfics.

Just thought I would say I am not worried about Nick having a girlfriend...look at how many gay men hide behind a woman for various purposes. If anything it is just a case of that.

I like the idea of the new guy coming in and maybe a threesome. :D

14. my_last_chance

I dunno, I seriously doubt Greg would share his Nicky with anyone. Or vice versa, for that matter. I think that Greg would probably flirt with the new guy, trying to make Nick kind of jealous. Maybe this would finally force Nick to tell Greg his true feelings? Maybe the new guy and Greg are hanging out a lot and Nick's becoming surlier and more moody, always throwing angry looks at Greg. Or better yet, maybe Greg doesn't know why Nick's angry and he's also feeling hurt. Oh the fanfics that could be written about this... I shouldn't be getting any ideas; I'm already trying to write my own fic and it's only getting started. /sigh

15. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Well, the idea of a threesom, while it amuses me, really isn't what i want. Nick is Greg's and visa versa. Uhg, I know what you're talking about, my_last_chance. I've got two stories going right now, one's a CSI: New York MeLty one, the other is my Nick/Greg multi-chapter. And, I keep forgetting to update on WMTDB. Speaking of which, I should probably do that now...

Oh, Sara's Girl, I can do Galic and German for you, but Norwegien, I'm afraid to say, I have no knowledge of! lol.

-Lynn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.