Gil<3Cath #28: Love Is Sharing Water, Glasses and Everything

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Sep 27, 2007.

?

Pick your favorite titles for the next Gil<3Cath thread!

1. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--He Shares His Apartment with Her

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Because They Share Apartments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Seek and Ye Shall Find

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Because They Can't Stand Being Apart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--It's Always There

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Simmering, Brewing and Loving

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Because They Can't Help Themselves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Sexing Up the City of Sin

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  9. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Re: Gil<3Cath #28: Love Is Sharing Water, Glasses and Everything

I liked A Thousand Days on Earth. A lot. And that's rare for me to say these days. :) From the sneak peeks CBS had released and the spoilers, we kind of got the idea that this episode was going to be Catherine-centric. Turned out that it didn't really focus on Catherine and her personal issues. Although she still played a very important part in the episode. I already posted my thoughts regarding the way Catherine dealt with the case in the Cath/Marg thread. C/G wise, I really liked Gil in this episode. He already knew Catherine was getting emotional the minute she went into the layout room and looked at the photos of that little girl. You could tell that from the way he looked at her and the small frown on his face. I was glad to see that he didn't pull her from the case despite acknowledging her unease. Instead, he kept an eye on her while he still had her lead the investigation, offered her his opinions and was ready to step in when needed. I thought it was a great timing when he finally did that by telling her it wasn't reasonable to hold Leo in custody. For once, the old Gil I used to love was back and it felt so good to see him again. I really enjoyed watching him and Catherine working together like this. I had missed that for a long time. Cath/Gil/Forensics FTW. Also loved the scene where they were watching the video of the parents together. Not many words were exchanged, but their faces said a lot.

Here are a couple of caps from the episode if you're iterested.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh btw, just in case you're interested...this episode beat American Idol in ratings. ;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

Wow I totally forgot that they went in the house together. I guess I was so absorbed in the case to notice. I like that third and fourth pictures where he's behind her. It reminds me of the famous "I've always got your back" line. It looks like he's keeping that promise in those pictures. It's nice to see him finally getting back to the old Gil who would do anything for her, to protect her, to comfort her, or support her.

3. andromina

andromina Hit and Run

Thank you for the pictures Erica. It´s so nice to see them together again! I hope that they´ll bring back the friendship and let their amazing relationship go on. I guess we´ll get more Purejoy... I am optimistic. I think this season is going to be better :D

4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Yay, yay, yay!! PICS!! *Hyper* *Ahem* Sorry about that, I got a little over excited because there were pictures... :p Thanks Erica!! *Jumps on you and hugs you* They really are adorable, the last one especially, and the one before it, he is standing looking at her from a distance, we all know he is staring at her tush... ;)

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

You're welcome, girls. I'm pleased that you liked the caps. If you'd like to see more, you can go to my website. :) I'm not really optimistic about my C/G. I guess I just don't really trust the writers anymore. After the last couple of years, it's just hard for me to have faith in them again. This was indeed a surprisingly good episode, though. I do hope they'll continue with the good change, although I'm still expecting the worst. Maybe, just maybe one day I'll be nicely surprised. :)

And yes. He was so checking her tush. :D

6. Stepherweps

Oh I think I shall go and check out more pics on your site Erica. :D I totally know what you mean about being pesimistic about a good turn for G/C... I think they'll give us a couple of nice (or maybe just that one) episodes and then go back to the way it was... However, I'm still keeping in touch with my optimistic side, cause now Sara is gone, you never know... We could have some more G/C cuteness... Ok now I'm just rambling... But I am looking forward to seeing the ep tommorow night. :D

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I really enjoyed this episode as well. It was really great to see Cath and Gil working together again. He knew she would be upset about the death of a child and he kept her line. The end when he pointed out the video of the girls parents really put faith in the fact that he still does care for her and knows her.

Great Caps Erica :D

8. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I also really liked this episode....I mean it wasn't bad at all I didn't think. It did seem like Gil was being his old self around Catherine and looking out for her, but not making it obvious. They never actually talk about the way she feels, but you just get the feeling that he knows and he's there if she needs him....I'm just hoping it gets better from here...hey what can I say, I like to be optimistic.:D

Thanks for the pics Erica.:)

9. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

ITA Erica that is the old Gil I loved too.
    Working many years together they really understand each other. :)

--------------------------
    [​IMG]

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Amen to that WPRMW :D
    He does understand her and knows her moods. He knew she was upset already then witnessed it when she snapped at Hodges. The fact that he said that she was that way already proves that he knows her ... and knows her well.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Steph I can't wait to know how you think about the episode. I'm sure you're gonna like it. :) And ditto on what Heather said. He still knows her and he knows her well despite all the ups and downs they have been through all these years. I hope the writers are trying to get the old, classic CSI back (although I still doubt it, lol). If that's the case, I think we can agree that this episode is a quite good start. I just hope they won't go back to seasons 6 and 7, most of which IMO was a waste of time and of the actors' talent. :)

OT: WP and Heather, I need your help. Do you know of any good Melinda Clarke/Lady Heather site? And I mean good. :)

12. Stepherweps

I'm looking forward to the ep, I'll see it in 2 hours 45 mins. *Hyper* I'm looking forward to some G/C cuteness, though I reckon it's going to be very emotional. But don't worry when it's over, I'll come on here and let you all know what I think about it. :D

13. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

I finally downloaded it! (I dont live in the US, sue me.) And got to say, the best episode from season 8 by far, not only coz we got the chance to appreciate Marg's great acting again, but the whole story about the little girl was truly sad. I think i felt tears in my eyes when i saw Griss and Cath together, i mean, when Hodges made Cath pissed it was funny, then again, we could see how easily Griss can read her.
    And obviously, the final scene made me shiver, that Leo guy was really creepy, but one part of me felt sorry about him, but i seem to be bipolar, i was feeling sorry for him and hating him for calling Cath "Blond nazi bitch" at the same time.
    It was good to see them together again... long life to PureJoy!:thumbsup:

14. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

OT: My favorite site for Melinda Pics is Here. :)
    Actually, that's really the only site that I go to. I've viewed others beautiful photos of her but they can't be shared. :(

------------------------
    [​IMG]

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Okay thanks a lot. And thanks for the PM's you sent me, Heather. I was thinking about that site, too. I wanted to contact the webmasters there because I have a few Lady Heather promo stills to donate, but Janine doesn't seem around anymore and there's no contact info for Sam. A bit frustrating, isn't it? Maybe I'll just go to the Melinda Thread and post them there. :)

I forgot to mention that I had uploaded some rare promotional stills from seasons 1 and 2. A lot of those photos are of Cath and Gil. I was like "OMG SQUEE" when I first saw those pics haha. I think these two from 35K O.B.O are really cute:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008