Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Which thread name do you like best?

• If You Could Read My Mind

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • My Love Is Only For You

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • In This Life I Was Loved By You

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Do I Have To Say The Words

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
However, I will mention one thing. We only opened this thread a week ago, and we already have 100 posts! Impressive, especially as things are so uninspiring for us at the moment. Either that, or we really like a good moan. It is good for the soul, especially when TGTB are giving us next to nothing.

The reassuring thing is that many of us still care enough to raise these issues, so Yay for reaching the big 100 post mark in terms of support. :)

Hmm, cause and effect? The more incompetent tgtb, the more we post in response? I'm voting for the "Moan Factor" or in days of yore, the "BMW Effect" as the driving impetus nowadays. Wonderfully cathartic and doesn't at all detract from H/Y support....more like taking realistic stock of what's on display by tgtb. *sigh* bring on the Merlot! :)

Very much so. Hee, I remember all too well the 'BMW Effect' (bitching, moaning and whining for any asking)! The sad thing is, there's been nearly 3 seasons of it now. Wouldn't it be great to have something to be positive about in terms of H/Y?

Thanks katpin for the wallpapers. :D

Last edited:
I'll drink to both sides of that! :lol: Gotta love the feel-good effects of the Merlot, not to mention it's exceeding charity towards enveloping and transmutating current Miami into something less bilious. :p

Hmm, cause and effect? The more incompetent tgtb, the more we post in response? I'm voting for the "Moan Factor" or in days of yore, the "BMW Effect" as the driving impetus nowadays. Wonderfully cathartic and doesn't at all detract from H/Y support....more like taking realistic stock of what's on display by tgtb. *sigh* bring on the Merlot! :)

*passes Tally the Merlot* :D There's nothing that a good Red and other great TV shows can't cure. ;)

Very much so. Hee, I remember all to well the 'BMW Effect' (bitching, moaning and whining for any asking)! The sad thing is, there's been nearly 3 seasons of it now. Wouldn't it be great to have something to be positive about in terms of H/Y?

Now wouldn't that be a novelty! The only positive aspect to the show for me right now is the sweet development between Eric and Calleigh. I know it's OT, but I was trying to think of something positive to say about Miami! :)

If only TGTB could arrange to involve Yelina more. Maybe Sofia's schedule doesn't allow it, but they clearly had her available for 'Ambush' and wasted the opportunity well and truly.

The reassuring thing is that many of us still care enough to raise these issues, so Yay for reaching the big 100 post mark in terms of support. :)

So Say We All! (especially today). I like the ooh-aah factor as much as the next person but I enjoy the meat-and-potatoes discussions about salient H/Y issues much more.

As for 3 seasons of BMW...well, at least there's symmetry in that i.e. these 3 seasons of woe to "offset" the first 3 seasons when Miami was something proper.

*accepts the Merlot* thanks much, MD. You're taking over from Ducky now with the liquor supply. Hee.

As for involving Sofia more... it really boggles the mind that tgtb engage her for that one miserly scene. To add to that wastage, we have H at his blockity blockhead best. Can you tell that I'm STILL feeling the crass stupidity of "he killed my wife" bit? My aching teeth...

Last edited:
As for 3 seasons of BMW...well, at least there's symmetry in that i.e. these 3 seasons of woe to "offset" the first 3 seasons when Miami was something proper.

Do you think there's any chance that when we move into the next third, it could become proper again? ;) Me and my pipe dreams! :rolleyes:

As for involving Sofia more... it really boggles the mind that tgtb engage her for that one miserly scene. To add to that wastage, we have H at his blockity blockhead best. Can you tell that I'm STILL feeling the crass stupidity of "he killed my wife" bit? My aching teeth...

That will live long in the memory. It was an alarming oversight, and an insult to those fans who were invested in the earlier seasons. It's moments like this that really make me want to forget all about this show. *needs more Merlot*

So that's what BMW means :lol:

There isn't any reason for that one minute appearance other than to throw us a bone. Perhaps tptb are trying to please everyone this season, including Speed's appearance early in the season. Some weak attempt at pleasing all the fans perhaps. I'm quite sure we won't get anymore H/Y development this season, I'm not ruling out another appearance by SM, but like DC said this season is going to be about H and Kyle.

The best bet is for tptb (and I still believe they will get H/Y together eventually) is still season 8. They just don't want H/Y to happen yet and I still think that after his Kyle thing fizzles out, and when H needs a love life, the next in line is Y.

Anyway enough of our BMW don't you think, maybe it's time for some nice screnncaps from the past to cheer us up.

That will live long in the memory. It was an alarming oversight, and an insult to those fans who were invested in the earlier seasons. It's moments like this that really make me want to forget all about this show. *needs more Merlot*

*passes South African Merlot to Luce* Since we're talking about oversights, tgtb have had some royal ones, haven't they? Agree though that this most recent comment has now moved to the head of the class. We should do a head count to see exactly at which point it all went to hell in a hand basket. I keep thinking back to Stevie Maeda's departure...

Aside from the E&C cutesies, Miami's dead wood is becoming more and more obvious. Honestly! it should be listed as a fire hazard.

Last edited:
Thanks much for the Merlot! :) *cheers*

Yes, I have no doubt that the downhill spiral began once Steve Maeda left. It's almost as if he gave the show it's direction, but still managed to keep it grounded even with it's over the top style of storytelling. He achieved the right balance. I really miss that.

Agreed that the E/C development has been a nice touch - Steve Maeda was an instigator with that relationship too, so at least his legacy lives on in that respect. He really understood the characters and Miami canon, and I think he kept the show's feet on the ground, definitely. :)

Do you guys still want to see the same screencaps? I'm happy to post them, but I know you have seen them all and I have no new ones. Blame the writers/tgtb! ;)

Last edited:
We'd never get tired of seeing H/Y screencaps, I know I wouldn't. Especially from the older seasons, when the H/Y vehicle was going great....

^Agreed...there are some wonderful screencaps that have been shown over the years....plus it's always fun to add our own little twist to the pictures, you know, what they're really thinking.:devil:

Okay, no problem. ;) Where better to start than the beginning?

tn_hhsm1.jpg

tn_hhsm6.jpg

Btw, welcome back HC_4_my_birthday. :D

This is something I've only just noticed about that last pic, and its been so long, I've probably forgotten. But does it seem like the bag he's holding in this pic you just posted is bigger than the one he hold up for Y to see in the previous shot? (The one containing Ropa Vieja)

I don't think I have a cap of that one. The only other one I have is here...

tn_hhsm7.jpg

and of course this one.....

tn_hhsm4.jpg

Hmm, maybe I should send these to tgtb to see if they can also remember the good times. ;)

Good times GOOODDDD times! One day we will see scenes like that again.. if not in future episode than in repeat.

By the way, guess who's going to Miami after graduation?

Thought I'd bring in an extra bottle of Merlot since yours would be pretty empty by now :p
and also.... PICTURES! :D

HY24.jpg

Our favorite couple :)

HY22.jpg

Aw, what a gentleman :D

HY23.jpg

Her face is located higher, Horatio :rolleyes:

Cheers :cool:

EDIT1: Holy **** Kit, you're going to Miami?!? You got any extra space in your suitcase?:angel:

EDIT2: Hey! I turned into a Lab Techie :D

Back