Grade 'DOA For A Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 2, 2008.

?

How would you grade DOA For A Day?

1. A+

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. A-

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Prepare for a massive multi-quote---oh, how I love that function! :D

Yes! That's exactly what I thought as soon as she started to chew him out for forgetting her birthday.

He was hoping Suspect X would take care of the "he's not that into her" problem before he actually had to utter those words. :lol:

That was beyond cute. :D

Because she thought it looked cool! A girl's got to accessorize!

Yes, he does. :devil: Hmmmmmm... :lol:

Yep, that bugged me, too. Hawkes got stuck with all the boring 'who cares?' evidence tonight. That annoyed me.

Agreed. That and saying Lindsay a million times. At least he's stopped calling her "Mooooontaaaaana." (You have to hear midnight_tiptoes say it--her impression is hilarious!)

That would be the cutest scene ever.

Overall, I liked it a lot. Much as I like her, I'm not feeling Jessalyn Gilsig's character yet. I like the actress, but the character was just kind of blah. Hopefully she'll grow on me.

I was actually sad to see the assassin die...she was an interesting villain to say the least. Great shootout scene at the end!

Probably...A-. It's good to have the show back. :cool:

2. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

A-

An extra point because I was just so happy to see all those lovely people back on screen again :)

The ep in general was nice too...not outstanding, but it had a lot of great moments to grade it above average.

I had the same reaction as Adam about Suspect X. That girl is good! She was of course a merciless killer, and thes stuff that other poor girl had to go through was just cruel. But I couldn't help but love that there was finally a really smart blonde on the show :cool:
    That certainly was a big shiny accessory :lol:

And I can watch lots of bloody stuff, like Sid scalping that girl or probing around in her brain, but could they please stop with pointy stuff and eyes - I hate that! :mad: And to watch Danny remove the camera from that surgeon's eyes made me nauseous.

Loved all the guys in geek-mode. Adam and his e-mail characters, Danny and Flack about the Mos Eisley Cantina (knew that one too :eek:) and Hawkes with the rhythmic liquid.

You would think that after Mac's conference call, everyone involved would know what to do and react immediately when things went bad, but again :rolleyes: he went after a suspect alone - he sure is fit to leave all those younger people so far behind him. It did lead to a very dramatic endscene though, so I just assume that he was the closest when that girl ran.

Not such a great moment for me personally -but it was there so I have to comment on it- was Danny forgetting Lindsay's birthday :(. I know he said he is bad in remembering dates, but I would be pissed too if one of my close colleagues forgot my birthday; especially when it is one I have had sex with.

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok I loved this episode...but im sure it wouldn't have got an A from me if it hadn't have been the first episode in a while!

Adam was so cute with his little characters and when he was explaining his little 'fight' to Mac :lol: But I still love how he is amazed by Killer's methods untill he gets that look from someone else and has to resort to...'Its evil, really evill' :D

Mac action really beats Horatio Action! Its probably the Mac fan girl coming out but Mac's chase near the end was what gave this episode an A. Although a blonde Angell made me laugh but Flack looked cute doing his little job :D

Danny and Flack are such Star Wars nerds ;)

Like others have said not enough Hawkes in this episode but also was it me or was Stella a little low on screentime?!?!

I haven't seen the promo...does anyone know if its on line?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  4. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I laughed so hard when she teetered around that building in her high heels, and Mac still had a hard time catching up with her. He should have aimed at the high heel, that would have stopped her immediately and efficiently :lol:

The camera in the eyesocket of the doctor reminded me of "Terminator".
    Oh yeah, and every time someone (mostly Danny?) went on to touch/pull out/move one of her technological devices I thought "She must have booby-trapped one of those"
    I was kinda disappointed she didn't do it...

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ When she jumped over that gap I thought how is she still running :lol:

6. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

I'd give it a B+.

It was interesting till the very end. The story line was gr8. I'd have preferred it if there had been someone else at least following Mac during the chase in the last scene. It seems funny that for all the tactical guys out there, not one managed to catch up with the two. Ladies in stilettos can outrun cops??!!!! :rolleyes:

That said, the character of Suspect X was well played out. Like Top said in her review, there's something distinctly chilly abt cold, calculating women assasins.

We really really need more Hawkes.

Flack is lucky he's cute 'cos he certainly aint a player.

I thought the scene b'ween Danny & Lindsay was good. It bought out the charactristics of both characters. Lindsay is still self absorbed & Danny cant seem to be bothered. dutch_treat summarized their relationship in one sentence. They are colleagues who have ( or have had) sex ;).

Adam completely Rocks!! His lines were great & his delivery even better. I really like the dynamics of his character with Mac. It such fun to watch.

I guess Stella didnt have much also in this episode 'cos she's got a really big part in the next. I just wish we cld have some storylines for Hawkes. Oh! I already said that, didnt I?:)

7. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

The writers probably forgot to check with their wives/a female stunt coordinator/someone else with stiletto experience... :lol:
    I got sore feet just watching that scene...
    Or they just are into hot blondes with big guns running for their lives :confused:

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I was thinking about how much I miss Sunset Beach. I seriously loved that show. :thumbsup:

Yeah, when he was taking the screws out of the large speaker thingy, I definitely thought that it might be a trap. The camera in the eyesocket was just nasty.

I see Danny as more of the 'apologises once and it's done with' kinda guy, so he probably doesn't really get why women don't forgive or forget that easily. But I definitely thought that it was, maybe, a tad unprofessional to be discussing it at work, when there are very dangerous serial killers to be caught. :lol:

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I gave it an A...
    The fact that i just handed in my dissertation and celebrating this was a great reward to come to.

I liked the one case almost more of a thriller than out and out csi.

She is one hell of a clever killer, I loved how adam said it because its something you hate to admit about killers is how there minds must work. I liked th actress to cos at the end it was like she was stripped bare from the facade she had. She had that evil glint but still totally passable as a victim.

When i heard them mention miami i was thinking please don't crossover in any way.

The DL scene was i thought more a slight dig than anything actually serious it was something that I would say because you just want to make a point. I think the same as everything that its going to end up a mutual on the best part decision that it was fun but only one way...
    ... but its still interests me about the basketball? game which they are apparently at in one of the new episodes, whether or not its an attempt at tryin to make it work or just a belated birthday treat.

Sid and Macs chat at the start was strangely funny it just had that giggle to it that you think it wouldnt work on any of the other shows.

Both the deaths were pretty nasty i have to say..the knife was painful i was sort of going wow thats force. And the camera inthe eye that just freaked me out.

Danny and Falck in the club are the 2 best people you could send there with there manlyess... With adam i think he'd enjoy it but with them it was its uncomfortable but we can get through it talking about star wars... now we know what they get up to on days off.

Angell dressed up she looked amazing i'm liking her more and more.

Macs new love interest i can't really work out what i think, I definately like her more than i have peyton i like her comment about the lab it made me think oh that wasn't just totally forgotten about.

The chase at the end i liked it though i thought the killer must have had some killer training to kill the girl with the knife jump like she did and run in heals... I could see though Mac wanted more answers.

Can't wait for more episodes its definately started well.

10. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

It's so great to finally have a new episode!! :thumbsup:

I gave it an A-... bumped it down a notch because initially, I found the conversation between Mac and the dying assassin a major weak ending point to an othewise solid episode. But the more I reflect on it, I realize that nothing more substantial needed to be said between them. He didn't need a confession, they already knew she was guilty. She was dying, didn't have much time left for much of anything, and I guess that he figured picking her brain for her feelings behind her coldly murderous lifestyle choice was as good a topic as any... As someone mentioned earlier, I did like the fact that she didn't have any "hidden" motivation, she simply enjoyed killing for the challenge and thrill of it.

And as already mentioned, Adam's geekiness is awesome, I love the chemistry between he and Mac! :lol: And of course same goes for Mac/Sid, I've always enjoyed watching those two interact.

Flack and Angell are cute, loved Flack's comment to her re: how good she looked in the vest, LOL. The conversation between Danny/Lindsay didn't surprise me; the writers haven't taken it anywhere substantial yet, so I figured that was a sign that things are most likely coming to a close for them. Once again, as already mentioned, they've never been anything more than friends/co-workers with benefits.

I liked Mac's friend in the Mayor's office, good actress and character, so far. And I liked that the writers didn't use too heavy a hand with their friendship.

Not much Stella, but she's got some major air time next week. As for Hawkes... would have loved seeing more of him, but perhaps Hill's real life activities on Sen. Obama's campaign trail only allowed him limited time? *shrug* That was my first thought, when seeing his miniscule screen time.

All in all, good solid return for CSI NY! Can't wait until next week! :)

11. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

Yeah, thanks Faylinn, I'm trying to stay spoiler free so if something doesn't happen the way it was said to happen, I won't be disappointed, but my friend accidentally told me that those two things were going to be on the show this week. Hell yeah Angell looked hot as a blonde, but kind of like Marilyn Monroe. It also looked like they were on a double date, well except for the fact they found a dead body.

Hey, I think Sid got a haircut tee hee, and pulling off the face on that woman was probably the thing that grossed me out the most.
    It was pretty cool to see a female assassin and boy, did she pull out a huge gun from her back pocket. Now I understand that she would be able to jump that huge gap (with heels and all), but how did Mac do it as well? He jumps everyday to stay in shape? :lol:

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

It was a pity Adam didn't have so much screentime than in the 1ยบ part one but he was great: "That was brilliant !!!......................................And evil..." Yeah, Adam. :lol:

How about Danny asking if someone got a drill, and a girl in the public rushes to him with one, yeah, who goes anywhere without a drill in the handbag, especially with such a tight security...:lol:

13. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I'm not into Mac's new love interest.
    And Danny's not into Lindsay anymore. I see trouble ahead.

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i noticed Stella was a little low on screentime too. i kinda liked it lol. poor Hawkes always get's the shaft when it comes to screentime.... they need to get this man out in the field more or something. or better yet it seems like you need to be a bit of a cop too like Danny, Mac and Stella to get some decent screen so maybe Hawkes should do what they did and go the police academy or whatever.

gave this ep an A:
    - Angell holding a rifle at the begining and looking all bad ass and really pretty at the same time
    - Suspect X giving the poor girl a makeover to look like her- awful but genious.
    - the scene with Danny and Lindsay in the lab- very cute but kinda sad at the same time.
    - Lindsay drawing her gun- twice in one season!!!! and this time she got the gun unholstered right lol.
    - Flack flirting with Angell over the vest, soo cute.
    - the camera in the doctors eye was soo cool, gross but cool.
    - Angell looking like Marylin Monroe a bit with the blonde wig and Flack looking like a little boy with his hat on lol. i laughed my ass off at the two of them. Angell was very pretty again though (the eternal question: does the woman ever look bad? haha)
    - Adam. that's all i'm gonna say Adam is the man.
    - not finding out Suspect X's name. that was cool i liked how Mac never got her name, it kept the woman a mystery.

this whole ep to me had a but of what i call an "Alias" feel to it. the ep was like watching an ep of "Alias" almost, especially with Suspect X watching Danny and Flack in the club and then watching D/L through the camera in the doctor's eye. syping, crime, action, drama, flirting: perfect combo.

"DOA for a Day" is was one of my faves i liked it a lot.

15. privatename

privatename Rookie

I liked the episode. Like many people I thought it was a little too far fetched that after having brought in SWAT and and FBI surveillance team that Mac was the only one able to keep up with the assassin. He did look good as Action Mac! however.

I loved the scenes with Adam and Mac. I do like Adam. I don't always notice when he isn't in an episode, but I am almost always impressed with him and glad he is in a scene when he is there.

I really liked the Sid scenes as well.

I like the new woman so much better than I liked Peyton. I am not sure I want Mac to have a new love interest at this point, but I do see a good rapport between them so as long as they did it well, I may not kick and scream about it too much.

Hormiga wrote:
    I thought it was a guy with long hair and I thought a beard. I also thought he was one of the stage hands who was there to get things set up. I could be wrong though -- although you have to be honest and admit that it makes more sense than some random woman walking around with a drill that size in her purse :)