Grade 'DOA For A Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 2, 2008.

?

How would you grade DOA For A Day?

1. A+

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. A-

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Finally a new episode!!! :D The continuation of the Second Life story...what did you think of it? :cool:

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I gave it a solid B. It kept my interest and I really liked that the assassin's only motive was that she felt power and satisfaction from taking lives.

I'll have to come back tomorrow to elaborate because right now the promo for next week is making me :scream:, :censored:, :brickwall: and [​IMG]

ETA: OK, I've gotten a good night's rest so here's the rest of the review, once again inspired by that trend setter Fay:

--"Crime Catchers." I like the AMW takeoff - makes the search for the criminal more believable.

--Angell, I love a woman with a shotgun. I bet Flack does too.

--Oh how cute! They split up into boy/girl, boy/girl pairings to clear the warehouse! Uh, where'd Flack and Stella go? I bet Angell gets jealous and challenges Stella to a chick fight. Flack and Mac will watch as they wrestle around. Clothes ripping, hair pulling, getting all dirty . . . uh*cough* yeah, boy/girl pairings, how cute!

--You're sure she's the assassin, Mac? Cuz, I'm no super cop or anything, but the show just started, so I'm guessing you're wrong. Yeah, I know. You're Mac Taylor and you will not tolerate such insolence! Blah, blah, blah, whatever dude.

--Oh look! The X-Factor is trying to find information on the computer of Suspect X! Today's episode must be brought to us by the letter X. How cute!

--SID!!

--Of course it would be a Navy Seal combat knife so Mac could identify it on the spot and know everything about it.

--OMG! Sid just busted Mac's friggin' onions about knowing everything! You're my hero, Sid! Wow, Mac thinks Sid's funny. Why will you tolerate Sid's insolence, Mac? Cuz he's SID and he is teh awesomest ME evar!

--It's Dr. Hammerbeckenstein! 'Cept he's gonna deconstruct.

--Danny forgot Lindsay's birthday. And they're gonna discuss it in the lab. So much for keeping things professional, huh? ZOMG!! THIS IS TEH PROOFS WE NON-SHIPPERS HAVE ALL BEEN ASKING FOR. Except, uh, we haven't. Although I'm glad they're actually gonna address it and end speculation. OK, in Lindsay's defense, I'd be pissed if my boyfriend forgot my birthday. But in Danny's defense, he's been more than a little preoccupied with the whole feeling guilty for the death of a 10 year-old boy and then trying to prevent the boy's distraught mother from taking revenge on the person she holds responsible and ruining her life. I think I'd probably blank on a birthday or two if I had all that on my mind. Danny, using the "I'm a guy" excuse won't win you any points. Uh, oh, Lindsay gave him the upset girlfriend look and sigh. I think they might not be on the same page as far as their relationship goes, but I could be wrong.

--OK, I know it's only an hour show, but would they really be able to narrow down who owned the Navy Seal knife so fast? :get's pissed off Marine stare from Mac: Yeah, I know, insolence, my bad.

--The exchange with the Navy Seal was done really well, I think. Now, bring back Dr. Giles, damn it!

--Ewww. They're showing Dr. Hammerbeckenstein's deconstructive surgery.

--Wow. Danny's a computer whiz. He must be getting after hours tutoring from The X-Factor. Maybe that's why he forgot Lindsay's birthday?

--SHELDON! :blink: Wha . . huh . . . I thought I saw Sheldon? Where'd he go? Was I hallucinating? I want more Sheldon, damn it!

--Why does Sarcastic!Lindsay always come off as Bitch!Lindsay? Seriously, you need to work on that, hon.

--It's Jordan Gates! I like her so far.

--Why would your young, female assistant always go to a club at night alone, Jordan?

--Danny, you just called the cute bartender "cowboy." First you forget Lindsay's birthday and then you flirt with a random bartender in front of Flack. Dude, you're not gonna get any for a veeerrry long time.

--Geeze, Lindsay, talk a little faster why don't you. I take that back, it's probably me not you. I thought I saw Sheldon again, too, so I'm probably just overly tired.

--It's a Kevlar double date!! I think Lindsay and Angell should've paired up. They could've compared and contrasted Danny and Flack while conducting the search. That's one conversation I'd love to see on screen!

--Wow. This assassin chick has cameras everywhere.

--Lindsay is genuinely amused by Adam! Of course she is, because Adam is adorkable.

--Uh, Duh, Mac. Didn't your big epiphany just restate the point Adam was trying to make? The X-Factor will not tolerate such insolence!

--Aww. Adam gets a major part in trapping Suspect X. Score one for The X-Factor!

--Adam, you're so cute when you get all impressed with the criminals. You're even cuter when you get all flustered and backtrack after Mac give you his :wtf: look. Adam and Mac scenes, FTW!

--Mac sure made the connection about the iron liquid fast. Where's Sid to bust his friggin' onions again. Damn, I must be really tired to keep hallucinating Hawkes like this.

--Uh, Danny, were you on your way to your second job as a male model when you got the call to search the rally site with Flack?

--Hey! Why isn't Super!Flack a part of the video co . . . Oh, never mind . . . thanks for the Flack 411 Angell, darling.

--TeeHeeHee. The only thing better than Flack's undercover uniform would be if Danny was there to mock him.

--So . . . Angell's going undercover as a Marilyn Monroe impersonator? Yeah, that's not conspicuous or suspicious.

--Way to F up the meeting between Marilyn and Suspect X, random cop dude.

--Holy Huge Gun, Batman!

--Yeah, Mac. Shouting "Halt" is really gonna stop a trained assassin. Nice try, though.

--Didn't Clay Dobson teach you to never go in alone, Mac?

--If Mac's a better shot than the Super Assassin, why doesn't he just shoot everyone? I mean nothing stops insolence like a bullet to the chest, that's all I'm sayin'.

--I like that Suspect X turns out to be nothing more than an evil, evil woman. Props for that, PTB!

--Did everyone else stop for lunch before heading to the construction site? Was it time for their union negotiated break? They were all in the same general vacinity as Mac when he went after Suspect X, weren't they?

--So, Jordan Gates' ex-husband is still out there and more psycho than ever. Guess you didn't quite take care of him, did you Mac? I was just kidding, put the gun down, dude.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  3. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Well, since the episode is fresh in my mind, I will indulge in some free flow thought:

-Like Mac's new potential chickie ... she's a good actress and seems to be an equal ...
    -Flack/Angell seems very natural to me, and I like the pacing ...
    -That poor girl kept shackled, bed sores ... lordy ...
    -Me thinks TPTB are going the "He's just not that into you" route w/ DL. If he forgets you're birthday ... say it with me ... "He's just not that into you."
    -Adam is so stinkin' cute. Love how he had to tamp down his geeky awe at killer's ability
    -More Hawkes?
    -Love Sid/Mac interplay. Two great actors.
    -Why are Mac and crew so active in SWAT like stuff? Danny and Lindsay stalking dark/creepy building with Angell/Flack outside?????
    -Assassin Barbie.
    That's all

4. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

It was nice to get a new episode but I'm tired of the CSIs doing EVERYTHING. They don't need Flack, Angell, or any other "regular" cops around because these CSIs are supercops!

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ooohhh...i liked it!
    -Lots of Mac action :thumbsup:
    -love danny's new hair.
    -flack looked cute in his little outfit
    -i liked the killer, she was creepy...good to see an unusual female role like that
    -Adam had some great lines
    -I want more HAWKES! :scream:
    -The part in the nightclub was crazy...kind of creepy, especially with Mac's voice like that.

I gave it an A. Not as exciting as miami was this week, but it was still pretty great. I hope the preview is up on the net soon, cause CTV didn't show it, damn.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

~Ok, it was pretty good, but the beginning dragged ass.

~Mac and Sid are a hoot.

~Mac and Adam are a hoot.

~Adam is a hoot all on his own.

~I need a banner with pictures of Flack and Angell from the end that says 'playing dress-up'

~Way to pimp Cisco, peeps--that wasn't obvious at all. :rolleyes:

~Where was everybody at the end? Mac was running around and stuff and the others just...took their sweet time?

~Action!Mac is more kick-ass than Action!Horatio, just sayin'.

~Jessica Gilsig's character was nice, and I felt bad for her at the end--nice little hug, Mac. *pet pet*

~"flingyding"--Adam for the win!

~I loved Adam's little 'and totally evil' bit. ^_^ Have I mentioned how much I love him?

~As for the 'U FORGOT MY BIRFDAY' scene--did she remind him that her birthday was coming up? Sometimes people forget things. Also, Anna's delivery of the lines made me roll my eyes.

~Why did Danny let her go into that room first when they found the dead guy?

~Danny and Flack are Star Wars Nerds--Flack mentioned the bar, but Danny knew just what he was talking about. Those two should have a Star Wars watching party with Adam. It would be awesome.

ETA:

~Yes, we need more Hawkes.

~Why did the assassin have such a honkin' big gun? It's not like she needs to overcompensate for a small, uh, something. :p

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well, in all fairness i would be pissed if my boyfriend/boy toy/whatever they are forgot my bday...

Arrhhhh...i forgot to mention the Star Wars! hehe, Flack IS a nerd, love it :p

8. Faylinn

I know, I'm just saying. :p

9. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

Can I give it an A+ just because I am sooo happy to get a new episode? My brain was starting to hurt from all the repeats. Oh yeah and I like the episode too.

Was Hawks in this epi? Didn't see much of him.

No Bday for Lindsay and no monologue? Aww poor baby. :vulcan:

And no Rikki?

Flack in his undercover outfit ... :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:that's all I gotta say.

10. Faylinn

Lampdor:

Rikki is in it next week, and that's apparently when the Monologue of Doom takes place, based on the promo.

And Flack was so cute in his little outfit (although I think it was obvious he wasn't sweeping so much as looking around :lol:). Angell was smokin-hot of course. :devil:

11. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

I am one happy camper :D So glad new episodes are back! I can hardly contain myself, tee hee :D

-Adam totally rocks :thumbsup:...I loved every bit of him tonite, kudos! and I really liked that they pulled him out of the lab more than once, tee hee - doesn't look like there are any after-effects from SD, glad to see our little Adam isn't traumatized by crime scenes now, :lol:

-My Flack *sigh*:drool:... the park maintenance get-up was too much...I swear, a little pee came out :guffaw:...I laffed that hard. Liked the Star Wars reference...they are nerds, lol...just makes them cuter. Shall we add SWAT team leader to his list of credentials...is there anything this man doesn't do??? :p

-Angell sure had a big gun at the beginning there :lol:...and a small vest...hmm...random - blonde is not a good look for her, but she pulled off the undercover thing well. Flack was makin googly eyes at her from across the way, I'm sure. (who's guessin she did the Basic Instinct leg cross thing a few times, just for his benefit??? :guffaw:)

- There was not enough Stella or Hawkes at all :scream:, considering this was a 'team effort'...I felt like they totally cut Stella off in the opening there, that's very untypical of the CSI series to have the last line before credits roll said as a voiceover...it was just weird...Is this a theme, with Hawkes and his music...it harkens back to J-Lo and her insured boottay in GMACS :lol:

- The new girl was not too bad, I felt like Mac was very paternal to her at the end...it didn't really seem romantic...but it wasn't painful to watch...their chemistry was pretty good.

- I felt the same about the chase scene at the end there :rolleyes:...uh, hullo, where did the freakin FBI go? and the tactical units??? Was everyone just pickin their noses or shoving their thumbs up their asses as they oggled Angell on the bench there? Of course it's all a set up for hero Mac to save the day. :p...let someone else save the day Mac...take an afternoon off.:rolleyes:

-As for D/L...what can I say really...I'd be upset if someone I cared about forgot my birthday...I wouldn't bring it up at work tho... What was with the steak sides comment? :confused: Did I miss something? Maybe it's my sleep deprived brain...oh well. It's clear that things are strained between them. Looks like they have both kind of given up...At least it will all be resolved soon, and we can go back to happy naivity and obliviousness...just smile and nod, smile and nod...:guffaw:

12. Faylinn

Flack likes steak! :D

:)lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. ;))

13. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I liked it. It wasn't fabulous, but it was certainly entertaining. I agree with you audrina: if he forgets my birthday and we're supposed to be that relationship, he's just not that in to me. End of discussion.

It was a nice twist at the beginning with the assassin using kidnap, torture, and plastic surgery to mask her trail. A massive FAIL, however, to TPTB for not having Hawkes, allegedly the smartest in the bunch, figure out why she would do such a thing and ask the obvious question that Danny had to answer. I expect them to give that kind of lame line to Lindsay.

All in all I guess this was a reasonable return episode. I can't wait until next week; it looks interesting to say the very least!

14. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

I loved Flack checking out Angell in her bullet-proof vest :D

The episode was good but not great (Snow Day is the benchmark).

I like the way it ended with the conversation between Mac and Suspect X.

And Adam rocks..........it's just a shame he couldn't go into Second Life again but they've already done that plug.

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I really enjoyed the episode. It was pretty gruesome at the start, and there were twists in the storyline that I found totally unexpected. :thumbsup: Good stuff, the whole plastic surgery angle, torture stuff was disturbing and clever.

I love Flack and Angell in kevlar, they are totally hot. And so is Flack when he is all in control of the situation. I would happily take orders from him all day. :lol: :devil:

It was so great to see Adam at not just one, but two crime scenes. I don't think he's been out in the field since Snow Day, so that was pretty cool. He was also fantastic and funny throughout this episode. I love Adam. His pay raise comment and the 'evil' comment were great.

Danny forgetting Lindsay's birthday? Naughty boy. I also really wish he would stop saying 'boom' it's really beginning to grate on me. However, he can be forgiven this time because he redeemed himself by making me believe that Flack and Danny really do geek out together. The thought of them both on the couch, drinking beer, watching a Star Wars marathon is awesome, and totally believable to me. *squee* :lol:

Anyway, I have to say that despite the dead Katie girl, I really don't get how Mac managed to get from fun iron liquid that seemed to make Hawkes very popular to someone's being targeted at the Green rally? He really is super smart sometimes, although clearly not when chasing suspects with large guns. That chase scene was pretty ridiculous, and very dangerous (although she seemed to be in more danger running and jumping in those heels). :p

And, I'm sorry but both Flack and Angell looked totally ridiculous, and slightly cute, in those disguises.

Finally, I really liked Jessalyn Gilsig, I can see some chemistry there, I felt bad that her ex husband hates her so much that he hired someone to kill her, but the hug between her and Mac seemed a little off, and slightly unusual to me given the rest of their interaction.

Ooh, and *grades episode* I give it an A-.