It's really over

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Whogirl82, Sep 28, 2015.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Judging by the date of that article, I'm guessing the Writer's Strike later that year halted any London spinoff. Also WP left CSI the following year.

Also IIRC, there was talk of William Petersen going to London for a CSI ep clear back in 2004 and 05. Possibly a pilot for a spinoff, I think. Anyway, it didn't happen because he was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat at that time. That's why WP isn't in some episodes of season 5 much.

2. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Hmm I think that London version could be very interesting and a little different than rest of exacly four now :D shame that they resign.

3. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

I actually can see a character spin-off: Lady Heather. Probably Bruckheimer would have something called "Lady Heather's Dominion" on cable TV. The idea struck me after I noticed how Grissom was going to great length to extenuate/whitewash LH's character. Folks, CSI was a gold mine as far as the network and its creator are concerned. They won't just walk away from it. It will come back in one form or the other.

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I could see a rebirth of the franchise in a few years, but not with LH. Lol.
    I think they need to start fresh, with all new characters. Maybe bring Lindsey back, in place of Morgan; and bring the original characters back with guest appearances or mentions. Catherine could be 'Ecklie', with recurring spots.
    TBH, I'm more than ready to see our favs in new roles outside the CSI universe.

5. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I think their best bet would be to let the franchise cool off for a few years, then reboot in a new location with an all-new cast of relative unknowns. Returning to Vegas would automatically reduce the number of story options because I think they've already got everything they can out of Vegas as a 'character' in the show.

I'd suggest a new location that's distinctively different culturally than what's been done before.

I'd suggest something like Dallas, Phoenix, San Francisco or even LA...a city with it's own distinct vibe and its own issues.

From a dollars an cents standpoint, bringing back original actors doesn't make sense since they've got much bigger price tags attached to them and it probably wouldn't make a huge difference in terms of ratings anyways.

6. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

Agreed. Time is not on the original cast members' side. LA does provide a viable backdrop for the CSI reincarnation. But if looking from the nostalgic POV, it'd be nice to have either 'Nick' or 'Greg' in some capacity there. Grissom and Marg would be too old to work by then; Sara might be doing some occasional consulting works if storyline can be worked out.

One of my friends came up with an excellent idea back in S12 or 13. She said it'd be great for the original team members to serve as mentors, training the newbies when CSI series started bringing new faces while fading the existing ones out gradually. She strongly believed, back then, it could keep the series going and not to fall into the trap being pegged as 'old and tiring'.

All the what could haves still keep me going. I really don't think I can ever follow another series like the way I followed CSI!

7. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

If I could pick a city for a new CSI series, it would probably be Dallas.

Texas has a culture all its own...obviously the oil industry, ranching etc. But lost of ole boys' clubs, clashes between old money and new money. Fortunes made and lost over night. Immigration (Legal and illegal.)

I watched the reboot of Dallas for its three season run and thought it would make an awesome backdrop for CSI. A lot of the stories in that show could have just as easily been CSI episodes.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Now is even sadder. It's the first year that no CSI has been first run at all.
    Part of me wants a movie, but the other part isn't sure it would go well.

9. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

The CSI finale did amazing numbers so CBS could be interested in doing another one. Revivals are current things.
    Though I think they should wait a bit to talk about a series event.

10. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

As a die hard fan of the original series, I only watched consistently until season 10, and I wasn't a fan of the TV movie finale, but even I would be so stoked on the idea of a series event in the future. This was the first show I was ever obsessed with and the first forum i ever frequented. It holds such a dear place in my heart I don't think I'll ever be ready to let it go.... I mean I still check this forum frequently..

I so wish there were enough active users here to start an official re-watch thread..

sharp52092 likes this.