Season 16 ?

Been looking over that line up and I don't see CM: Beyond Borders unless it's after football?
It's listed as a mid-season replacement show!
-----------​
Those of you with Twitter, take him up on it...

Anthony Zuiker tweeted:
Ok fans, I can finally talk about this publicly. Tweet me any CSI storylines you want featured in the 2-hour finale.

I put mine on the "CSI" facebook page since I don't have twitter. This is what I want...
I want a GOOD CASE that heavily involves the ORIGINAL cast, maybe even flashbacks of Warrick. I want Billy, Marg, George, and Paul ALL back for it or I will not watch it.

Susan

Last edited:
What exactly does the press release on CBSPressExpress say? I can't access it due to my geographical location (it's geo-blocked).

Not much!

This is all it says on the press release about "CSI" and "CSI: Cyber":
The Two-Hour Series Finale for “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” Sept. 27,
Featuring the Return of Original Cast Members,
Including William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger
Ted Danson Joins Patricia Arquette on the Cast of “CSI: Cyber”
SUNDAYS – CBS presents a smart, upscale night of programming on Sunday. The #1 news program for more than four decades, 60 MINUTES, returns at 7:00 PM. MADAM SECRETARY, Sunday’s top-rated broadcast drama, is back in office at 8:00 PM, followed by the most acclaimed series on network television, THE GOOD WIFE, at 9:00 PM. To start the season, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION will have a special two-hour series finale farewell. Then, CSI: CYBER will move in at 10:00 PM to carry on the CSI legacy, with Emmy Award winner Ted Danson joining Academy Award winner Patricia Arquette on the cast.
My previous post had a link and quote from the CBS website. It sounds like they've just managed to get Billy's and Marg's deals done and they haven't even started writing it yet. Can only hope that the "return of original cast members" includes George and Paul.

Susan

Thank you, Susan! :)

I thought maybe the press release gives reasons as to why CSI finally got cancelled even though we know which ones are very likely.

I can well imagine Nina is "misty-eyed" over axing CSI in such an inglorious way. I'm sure she just bawled her eyes over the way she kneecapped CSI:Miami too.

I know Nina was the ABC/Touchstone exec who championed the CSI pilot to Robert Iger, and was told to get lost. ABC has obviously failed to learn from that mistake. But after 16+ years of this stuff, she must be thinking, How do I cut my losses and still be in good graces with Les & Co..

A sad sight, indeed.

Diappointed (but I guess not surprised) to hear that its being cancelled. I've been watching since its start and its been essential viewing. Despite some dodgy episodes this last couple of seasons, I actually thought that the addition of Danson and Shue gave the show a lift for me.

We are close to the end of season 15 in the UK, have I understood it right that there will be no season 16 but just a 2 hour finale episode? The only crumb of comfort is that the show gets a send off.

have I understood it right that there will be no season 16 but just a 2 hour finale episode? The only crumb of comfort is that the show gets a send off.

No season 16, just a two hours TV Movie to close the series. William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger are confirmed to be in it.

For now my biggest fear is they will kill Sara and this will be the reason that Grissom and Cat will be back - because it should be a huge reason to return of Grissom to Las Vegas from ... ym? Puerto Rico? Where Grissom is now by the way?

I don't think they'll kill Sara off... Zuiker said he has a big storyline for both Sara and Grissom in this movie, so I don't think it's about Grissom being back for Sara's death ^^

I know it would be soapy as hell, but I would love for the ending to be Sara's telling Grissom that she's pregnant. That would set the stage for CSI: The Next Generation in about 15-20 years.

For now my biggest fear is they will kill Sara and this will be the reason that Grissom and Cat will be back - because it should be a huge reason to return of Grissom to Las Vegas from ... ym? Puerto Rico? Where Grissom is now by the way?

Well, they tried to kill Sara before...I really hope they don't try to go the GSR route; I hate that. :shifty:

Boom pregnant :D I think that maybe (if they don't kill Sara) they will of with Sara and Grissom back together. But they need a great case too, not something stupid...

Tweeted from Shane:
Looks like #CSI will end the way it started: #Gotham's Danny Cannon set as director for the TV movie.

And Jorja tweeted:
I just heard the news about CSI...
late afternoon yesterday. And if she had just found out about it I'd say they hadn't talked to any of the talent except for Billy, Ted, and Marg about being in the movie yet. They have approximately 4 months to get this thing done!

Susan

I would love to see the return of Sqweegel, or maybe Natalie escapes from prison and starts leaving Miniatures .
Would be funny if Grissom and Catherine returned and they were married.

With Grissom missing from Vegas for over 2 seasons, Sara better not be pregnant! :D
There haven't been any reports about the rest of the cast; apparently they want all the hype to be about Grissom and Catherine more than anything else.

Back