Season 16 ?

So, it's not official yet? @ Colonel Worf how do you know the cast was notified about the show being canceld?

William Petersen Return For ‘CSI’ Finale?

As CBS continues to hammer out plans for a finale to its long-running crime drama CSI, the big question is whether original star William Petersen will return. No one is commenting but I hear that is very much a possibility. The network is expected to unveil its plans for CSI‘s final chapter, believed to be a TV movie event, at its upfront presentation tomorrow.

Petersen, who has remained an executive producer on CSI following his on-screen exit, not only helped put CSI on the map, he helped put the show on the air. The actor was one of the biggest names on CBS’ talent roster during the 2000 pilot season with a rich talent deal, and of all the scripts he was presented with, he picked a forensic crime drama from then-novice writer Anthony Zuiker. Peterson’s character Gil Grissom was synonymous with CSI for the first nine years. It would mean a lot to fans if he came back the way The Office star Steve Carell returned for the cult NBC comedy’s last episode.

Susan

Well Danson joining Cyber is...interesting...

I still hope they have the Miami and NY teams in the movie...even if it is just for a cameo.

There's exactly 2 things on CBS's fall schedule that I'll be watching!

Danson on Cyber won't have much effect when It's delayed by football on Sunday nights.

The official press release from CBSPressExpress

Susan

There's exactly 2 things on CBS's fall schedule that I'll be watching!

Danson on Cyber won't have much effect when It's delayed by football on Sunday nights.

The official press release from CBSPressExpress

Susan

I realize something has to take the 10pm slot on Sundays but why does Cyber have to be the victim. It's the only time I'm glad for Canadian broadcasters as they usually don't wait out the football overtime.

Well Danson joining Cyber is...interesting...

I still hope they have the Miami and NY teams in the movie...even if it is just for a cameo.

Please no... Two hours is too short to get a great ending for Vegas and make Miami and NY back in it...

Though I guess they could return on Cyber...

I wonder if Nick and Brass will also return for this? They certainly should be included, IMO.

Why the hell does Ted Danson need to join Patricia Arquette on her own show? TPTB must be desperate...they give Cyber a 2nd season, so that should be enough. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Nick and Brass will also return for this? They certainly should be included, IMO.

Unless they fall in the "current faves like Ted Danson" category I'd say no. Maybe they've got other things to do. Maybe CBS isn't saying.

You Don't Want To Miss The Epic CSI Series Finale

It's been years since fans got to see Supervisor Gil Grissom and Asst. Supervisor Catherine Willows together.

CSI will fix that -- and fans will get their last fix -- during an epic two-hour series finale airing on September 27. The star-studded farewell will feature original cast members William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger, along with current faves like Ted Danson.

Peterson anchored the show's first nine seasons and Helgenberger was a mainstay for the first 12. Despite staying involved and making occasional appearances (Peterson even stayed on as an executive producer), fans just couldn't get enough.

"We actually got a little misty-eyed about this one," said Nina Tassler, Chairman of CBS Entertainment.

After 15 years and over 300 episodes, it's the end of an era ... but the legacy will continue.

The iconic series has already led to three spinoffs, and not all the characters are going away. Supervisor D.B. Russell, played by Danson, will move to CSI: Cyber, where he'll team up with Academy Award-winner Patricia Arquette. After the CSI finale, CSI: Cyber will air on Sundays at 10/9c.

Susan

Last edited:
So, it's true. CSI is canceled. I'm sad, though the last seasons were not good. I wonder what CBS did to get William Petersen back onboard for a final episode :shifty::p Nonetheless, I will be excited to see what they will make of it.

I don't get why Russell should move to Quantico, Virginia. Or is it just a short appearance? He moved from Seattle to Las Vegas and is now supposed to move across the country to the east coast? Well, well, well.

What exactly does the press release on CBSPressExpress say? I can't access it due to my geographical location (it's geo-blocked).

So that was that? :(

What's left now? Watch "Criminal Minds" and get bored to death?

I don't think I will bother to watch the final episode. What's over is over.

What exactly does the press release on CBSPressExpress say? I can't access it due to my geographical location (it's geo-blocked).

Not much!

This is all it says on the press release about "CSI" and "CSI: Cyber":
The Two-Hour Series Finale for “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” Sept. 27,
Featuring the Return of Original Cast Members,
Including William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger
Ted Danson Joins Patricia Arquette on the Cast of “CSI: Cyber”
SUNDAYS – CBS presents a smart, upscale night of programming on Sunday. The #1 news program for more than four decades, 60 MINUTES, returns at 7:00 PM. MADAM SECRETARY, Sunday’s top-rated broadcast drama, is back in office at 8:00 PM, followed by the most acclaimed series on network television, THE GOOD WIFE, at 9:00 PM. To start the season, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION will have a special two-hour series finale farewell. Then, CSI: CYBER will move in at 10:00 PM to carry on the CSI legacy, with Emmy Award winner Ted Danson joining Academy Award winner Patricia Arquette on the cast.

My previous post had a link and quote from the CBS website. It sounds like they've just managed to get Billy's and Marg's deals done and they haven't even started writing it yet. Can only hope that the "return of original cast members" includes George and Paul.

Susan

I think that NY had a occasions to end - in season seven and eight. In eight probably cast and producers thought that this is the end and in Miami they had no idea that CBS can cancel Miami. For me was to many open plots and short final season was only option. But CBS decide to cancel. They had many possibilites to end a Navarro story for example to bring him to Las Vegas oraz end with crossover in the beginning of 13th season.

I like the idea to bring Grissom but I think what CBS promise Petersen that he decide to return for the last two episodes. And I really don't see how Cyber could play in schedule. Maybe CBS will decide to make another spin-off but where and how? CSI: World? ...

Back