Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Very sad news... He was I think huge part of old CSI character (If you understand what I want to say) :D and maybe I don't see but how they'll end his story?

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Don't know. Will have to watch the finale.

3. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

This is probably more of a season 15 question but any guesses who will fill the police role with Brass leaving?

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

My guess would be Det. Crawford will get more airtime. I don't know if they'd actually promote one of the detectives to captain or if they'd bring in a new regular to be captain...doesn't seem likely.

Although, the way they let the CSIs act like cops now and already do interviews on their own, I wouldn't be surprised if they just started going to crime scenes without a detective along. :rolleyes: That would seem to fit with the crazy writing they've had lately.

5. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I can see Alimi Ballard (Crawford) being promoted series regular to replace Brass

6. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

i Agree, but i'm puzzled: it would the cheapest choice, but Crawford cannot be the new chief of the Homicide Department. he is too young for the duty...on 1309 (Strip Maul) he was still an officer; on 1314(Exile) he was a detective. i cannot guess DB or Nick getting orders or something else (i.e. 1301) from Crawford...

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Based on screentime this season alone, Alimi Ballard will be made a series regular. I'm not real fond of Crawford simply because he seemed to climb the ranks with Langston speed - 1st ep he's a uniformed officer, next ep he's a detective! I HOPE that the writers/producers/behind-the-scenes staff realize that he will not be accepted if 'Crawford' replaces 'Brass' as Captain - the character doesn't have the experience to be Captain. Since most of the time what Brass did was what any detective could do I would think that if they needed someone the rank of Captain instead of just a detective they would bring someone in as a recurring character.

Susan

8. monketsharona

I don't think Crawford will be promoted Captain but he's just going to be the regular detective on cases.

At one time, George said he'd like Nick to become a detective, so I guess Stokes is a possible choice to become Captain.
    Brass was the CSI before becoming Captain and Sofia was also CSI before becoming Lieutenant.

9. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

It would be a bad thing for Nick. blackflag is right when he notices that most of the time Brass wears the detective’s shoes. CSI is all about investigations; and the captain would appear before and after, when the work is done...the chief organizes, plans, coordinates, writes papers, talks to the press and so on. He doesn’t appear of the crime scene and he doesn’t interrogate. a 1 or 2 minutes screentime; and not necessarily in all the episodes. i agree with blackflag: a newcomer for a recurring character. BTW: Brass was the CSI Supervisor and i don’t think a CSI level 3 could become the Captain of the department...unless he doesn’t run faster than Langston and Crawford.

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

I have actually been pleasantly surprised by the last several episodes, all of which were ensemble stories featuring the entire cast (though Brass was absent for one, Sara the most recent one). I didn't like how the most recent episode concluded, but until then was quite satisfied with it. However, I have long felt that CSI ran its course a long time ago, even before Billy left. It's been running on fumes (some stronger than others) since then. And I'm sorry to see Brass go. One more connection to the glory days of old, who will no longer be there.

11. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

Last year, on March 20, we knew that the series had been renewed AND that the entire cast had been confirmed. Today i don’t know anything but the news about Guilfoyle :(...am i missing something?

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Ren, someone posted an article about CBS renewals for next season and mentioned CSI will be back. That article was posted March 16, but doesn't mention the cast. You can read it here: http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=69622

13. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

I knew the article. i'm talking about the cast. btw, i suspect they didn't want to share the news about Paul (at least, not before the season finale), but something went wrong. Maybe i've watched too many crime shows...:)

14. monketsharona

Do we know who's back (or leaving) apart Paul Guilfoyle ?

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Just that Ted Danson signed a 2 year deal last year so he's got 1 more to go.

Susan