NCIS: New Orleans

blackflag

Chocoholic for Life
Some stories for the next "NCIS" spin-off as it looks like they're trying to dilute the story possiblilites just like "CSI" did.

New 'NCIS' Spinoff Set In New Orleans In The Works From Mark Harmon

Pilot Season 2014: Scoop on This Fall's (Possible) New Shows and Who's Starring In Them
NCIS: New Orleans (Drama)
EPs | Gary Glasberg, Mark Harmon
CAST | Scott Bakula (Men of a Certain Age)
The New Orleans NCIS office handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle; to air as a spring episode of NCIS.

Scoop: Scott Bakula Joins NCIS: New Orleans

Meet the Agents of NCIS: New Orleans — Plus a Few Off-the-Cuff Casting Suggestions

Killing draws Gibbs to Big Easy in 'NCIS' spinoff shows
USA TODAY -The death of a friend will bring NCIS special agent Gibbs (Mark Harmon) in contact with the head of the agency's New Orleans office, providing the connection for a two-part episode that's a tryout for another spinoff of TV's top-rated series.

"The lead character that runs the New Orleans office is a friend of Gibbs from back in the days of" the Naval Investigative Service," the law-enforcement agency's earlier name, executive producer Gary Glasberg says. The victim, a friend of both men, was also an agent.

The two episodes, scheduled for March, could lead to a third NCIS series. NCIS: Los Angeles started as an episode of NCIS, which is set in Washington, D.C., and the two have become a Tuesday ratings powerhouse. NCIS: Los Angeles last year tried its own spinoff, NCIS: Red, but it was not picked up as a series. CBS will decide whether to go forward with this latest potential spinoff by mid-May.

Glasberg has finished writing the two scripts and is planning another trip to Louisiana to scout locations and do other preparatory work. Much of the filming will take place on the NCIS soundstages north of Los Angeles, but he expects to do four or five days of shooting in New Orleans.

"We're going to try to highlight as much as we can, from the bayou all the way into the music clubs. The show is going to have a really significant music backbone. I really want to capture as much of the city as I can," Glasberg said. "It's such a rich backdrop that it almost becomes another character in the show."

Harmon, who shares executive producing duties on the new project with Glasberg, will travel to New Orleans for filming, but Glasberg is not sure which other NCIS stars will go to the Crescent City for the spinoff episodes.

Casting has just started for the four main characters. Characters include Gibbs' friend, an older, established agent with the last name of Pride who runs the New Orleans NCIS office. A casting description says he is "charismatic and full of life ... but can be rock-solid and strong when needed."

Glasberg says Pride "has two people under him, a woman from a different office in the Great Lakes who comes down temporarily, and a man working with him who's from New Orleans, a former sheriff's deputy turned NCIS agent," and describes . their teasing relationship as similar to the one between the lead characters on Moonlighting.

The woman, whose last name is Brody, is "no-nonsense ... a government-employee facade on an Ivy League mind (and) Grace Kelly-like in her class, pomp and circumstance," while the man, whose last name is LaSalle, has "been through some rough times," according to the casting description. The fourth character is an outspoken female medical examiner.

A retired NCIS agent who ran the New Orleans office for more than 20 years has been a great resource during preparation for the episodes, Glasberg says. "He has been very accessible to me and terrific to spend time with and it's been great." And besides having a unique character that makes it a desirable setting for a TV series, New Orleans makes sense in terms of its close connection to the military.

New Orleans "has its own sensibility, its own style, its own energy, and there's a tremendous Navy and Marine presence there, all the way from Pensacola, (Fla.) around the Gulf (of Mexico) and into Texas."

As for how much shooting would take place in Louisiana if the spinoff episodes led to a new series, Glasberg says, "That's still kind of up in the air. But we would definitely do some significant filming there. It's just a matter of how much."

Potential ‘NCIS’ spin-off ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ will be filming in NOLA later this month

Scoop: NCIS: New Orleans Pilot Adds Sons of Anarchy's CCH Pounder, JAG Alum

Last edited:
NCIS: New Orleans Adds Fast & Furious Actor

NCIS: New Orleans has found its fourth and final team member.

Following last week’s castings of Scott Bakula, CCH Pounder and JAG alum Zoe McClellan, film vet Lucas Black has been tapped to fill the last role on the planted spinoff, playing NCIS Special Agent LaSalle.

Meaning, my casting superpowers are thus far limited to Scandal teenagers.

Having relocated to New Orleans as a kid, LaSalle is described as “embodying the city’s edge and fun and sexiness,” “a man who works hard and plays harder” and a “no-nonsense federal agent who believes in doing what’s right no matter what.”

Exec-produced by NCIS boss Gary Glasberg and star Mark Harmon and following cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle, the prospective New Orleans-set offshoot will air as a springtime NCIS two-parter.

The Alabama-born Black’s previous credits include two Fast & Furious movies, 42, the Friday Night Lights film and 1999′s Crazy in Alabama. As for the smaller screen, his resume includes CBS’ one-and-done mid-1990s horror series American Gothic.

Not all that interested in seeing Scott Bakula again and the other 3 I don't really know who they are (did watch "JAG" but I don't remember her. :alienblush: ). Oh well, I wasn't really planning on trying to watch this one anyways. :( "NCIS: Red" was horrible and I really think "JAG", "NCIS", and "NCIS: LA" are enough for one franchise.

Susan

I'm not a big NCIS fan but please tell me I'm not the only one who wants a Stella Bonasera guest appearance on this show sometime. Yes, I know, CSI NY is done,but I'd love the keeping of the show's 'verse alive.

NCIS and its spin-offs are from another production company, Donald Belisarius Productions, while the CSI shows are from Alliance Atlantis / Jerry BruckheimerTelevision. She could play a different character, but not as Stella.

Oh. I guess they could make an agreement,but that's not common. Prpbably also explains the lack of crossover in 'Heroes",where the Marine died.

Well, Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS: Los Angeles crossed over, so never say never. CSI: and Without a Trace did, as well as CSI: NY and Cold Case. :)

Clicked on this because they mentioned POI - I had to see who she was. :lol:

NCIS: New Orleans Casts Paige Turco as Scott Bakula's Wife

Recurring Person of Interest player Paige Turco has boarded CBS’ New Orleans-based NCIS spin-off, playing the wife of Scott Bakula’s Special Agent Pride.

The prospective series — which is being exec-produced by NCIS boss Gary Glabserg and star Mark Harmon — will air its pilot as a springtime NCIS two-parter. Should it get ordered to series, Turco would recur as Linda Pride.

The Shield‘s CCH Pounder, JAG alum Zoe McClellan and film vet Lucas Black round out the cast of series regulars, alongside Bakula.

Turco next can be seen as a series regular on The CW’s midseason thriller The 100, which premieres Wednesday, March 19 at 9/8c.

Susan

Clicked on this because they mentioned POI - I had to see who she was. :lol:

Just check her bio & creds.
purplewink.gif

Has made it to series in the fall.

Fall TV: CBS Orders NCIS Spin-Off, Odd Couple, Kevin Williamson's Stalker and 4 More to Series (But Not How I Met Your Dad?)

CBS on Friday added seven new series to its 2014-15 schedule, including Matthew Perry‘s Odd Couple reboot and the planted NCIS spin-off NCIS: New Orleans.

Here’s the logline/casting/pedigree info for each of the new series:

NCIS: New Orleans (Drama)
EPs | Gary Glasberg, Mark Harmon
CAST | Scott Bakula (Men of a Certain Age), CCH Pounder (The Shield), Zoe McLellan (JAG), Lucas Black, recurring guest star Paige Turco (The 100)
The New Orleans NCIS office handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle; to air as a spring episode of NCIS.

They've already figured out how to stay on the air - crossovers!!!

NCIS: New Orleans Plots NCIS Crossovers, Adds Chasing Life Hipster

CBS’ freshman spin-off NCIS: New Orleans is giving CCH Pounder a helping hand, with the addition of Chasing Life‘s Rob Kerkovich in the role of a morgue assistant named Sebastian.

One of the original announced series regulars, Pounder plays Dr. Loretta Wade, Medical Examiner.

Showrunner Gary Glasberg also announced on Thursday at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour that he already has plotted some NCIS crossovers.

“We’re currently planning an episode where Gibbs will make an appearance,” he shared. Seemingly in addition to that, he said, “We have a storyline where Michael Weatherly is involved, Pauley Perrette is involved, David McCallum….”

Born of a springtime NCIS two-parter, NCIS: New Orleans will debut Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 9/8c, leading out of the mothership’s Season 12 premiere. (With reporting by Andy Swift)

Back