George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yes, if you go to the George Eads Fans Facebook page through the link in my signature, we have posted the Flipping Out video....only the portions pertaining to George. :)

BTW...the show and the "cast" on it aren't my cup of tea either.

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Loved Nick in last nights episode. And I enjoyed Flipping Out- can't wait to see what the house looks like. George and Monika seem like regular people remodeling their house, of course with more money..

3. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

I had caught an ep. one other time and thought it was a show I'd never watch (unless you paid me a few million! ;-D ) but I will sacrifice to see George.

I wonder if they chose them to do the remodel because they watch the show, I read G & M were "reality" tv fans so...

Kind of sucks that they're on opposite CSI though!

Five bedrooms, four baths...my sibs and I would have killed each other for that much especially when you really had to go and there was only one bathroom!

Lots of room for their babies. ;-D

4. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Loved Nick/George in last night's episode. He had some good scenes.

5. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Just read on tvguide.com CSI was renewed, now we wait for the official announcement.:thumbsup:

6. Monaghan

Monaghan Civilian

Hi! I'm just catching up with CSI on DVD, I'm up to season 13, so I'm almost all caught up!

It's a great show, but one thing has been really bugging me. When stars of the show leave, they replace them with a big-name actor and make them the focus instead of the characters I've been attached to since the beginning. Like I'm supposed to suddenly care more about these johnny-come-latelies just because the actor portraying them has a few awards on their mantelpiece. I feel George/Nick has particularly paid the price for this, with his demotion and his personal life being so neglected it took them 13 years just to give him a dog.

I particularly resented Langston after they made the 200th ep all about him, instead of the ensemble cast that has kept fans watching for 200 episodes. He finally left, and I could live with DB and Morgan, but then they brought in Finlay, and it's inexplicable. DB was supposedly brought in to make everyone toe the line, he comes down on Nick just for being nice to a man who just lost his brother, and then he brings in Finlay who goes off the rails way more than anyone else, threatening people with live chainsaws. And I'm supposed to like her and want to see stories about her more than Nick and the others?

Sorry for the rant :scream: but it's been really bugging me for four seasons now, and I had to see if it's just me who feels the producers are wrong to neglect the characters/actors who have been with the show since the beginning.

7. Smokey

No, you're not the only one. You've pretty much summed up how we all feel around here. Unfortunately, as much as I love Nick/George, I find it hard to muster up any enthusiasm at all for the show now.

8. Monaghan

Monaghan Civilian

Oh thanks! At least now I know I'm not alone. ;)

It's a real shame the producers are so Hollywood they're blinded by pretentious fame and awards and can't see many fans are still watching 14 seasons in because of Nick, Greg, Sara, Doc, etc and in spite of Langston, Finlay, etc. :confused:

Maybe big Hollywood producers watch a show because an actor has a lot of hardware on his/her mantelpiece, but that's certainly not why I watch a show. I stay loyal to a series because the actors have made me care deeply about the characters, not because of Hollywood name-dropping. :rolleyes:

Ironically, I thought Laurence Fishburne was a terrible actor on CSI. I don't know if he was phoning it in or what, but he hardly ever even had a facial expression. For example, if you look at the scene in All That Cremains where Langston and Nicky find out it was the young teen girl who murdered her father, on Nick's face you can clearly see shock in the first reaction shot, and total dismay in the second one. In contrast, Langston shows no reaction at all in either.

At least Ted Danson is good on the show, I can deal with that. But I'm definitely going to skip the parts that focus on Finlay. I'm not going to let her get in the way of my enjoying Nick and all the characters I have loved for 13 seasons! :cool:

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Does anyone know if Iboneki's Code of Silence is posted anywhere to read? I noticed it isn't on fanfiction.net anymore.

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

11. Smokey

Seemed like Nick was in charge tonight with DB being out of commission. At least in the beginning when he directed where the CSIs should go. He was looking really good too! :D

12. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Here is the NFL clip:
    http://dcfanatic.com/?p=10736

Boy, you can tell he really loves football.

As for last night's episode - George/Nick was great.

13. Smokey

He's very good at that! Maybe he should be a commentator if/when he leaves CSI. :)

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Found these on CBS:

14 Smiles That Melted Us Like Butter

There's only one smile I like better and he's not a CBS show! ;)

---------------------​

Man Crush Monday

:shifty: Only 3rd??? :shifty:

Derek Morgan ("Criminal Minds") as #1 I'd agree with but Patrick Jane ("The Mentalist") as #2, over Nicky... NO WAY!

Susan

15. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Yep, he does have the best smile!

I would have put him at #1