George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

That baseball uniform was a hot look! :drool: Except for the chewing tobacco. Ick. Stop that, George!

Trailor #2 for "Gutshot Straight"

This says it will be released September 1, 2014 - not a normal day of the week here in the US for a movie to be released (usually it's Wed. or Fri.) but at least it's a date.

Hollywood actor Steven Segal is set to star in a new poker flick called “Gutshot Straight”, due to be released September 1, 2014.

The film is directed by Justin Steele and also stars George Eads, best known for his work on “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation”. Eads will be executive producing the project as well.

In a recent interview, Eads described the main character of the upcoming film: “He’s an alcoholic gambling addict who has given up on himself. A hustler whose speciality is reading people, kind of the nuances he’s able to put people in a box rather quickly. The mob is after him and he could lose his wife, child and life. It’s full of bad people [laughs] and he kind of falls in with them. I really kind of took a piece from a lot of different movies that I enjoy, like Jack Nicholson in Chinatown and Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction. Hopefully I redeem myself in the film; we still have a couple of days left on it here in L.A., but it’s going to be gooood.”

Okay, our two cents….you know might not be on the road to getting nominated for an Academy Award when the trailer has cuss words.

Susan

Last edited:
congrats to George and Monika! Does anyone know when she was born and what they named her?

Name's Dylan, (from what we've been able to find out) she was born on August 5th and Frank Waldeck tweeted a pic saying "#georgeeads is back" on August 26th. (so he was away from filming for 3 weeks!)

Susan

Can't say as I agree with their choices for all 10 episodes but they do say nice things about George. Both Grave Danger and Gumdrops made the list. Wish Turn Turn Turn did - it's every bit as good as anything else on their list.

10 episodes that show just how potent the CSI formula can be

“Grave Danger” (season five, episodes 24-25): This two *parter—which was originally aired in a single two-hour block as the fifth* season finale—is probably the best* known CSI episode, and the one that people who have never followed the show regularly are most likely to have seen. It’s the one directed by Quentin Tarantino, in which Nick (George Eads) is kidnapped and buried alive—a concept that Tarantino apparently failed to completely get out of his system with Kill Bill: Vol. 2. Tarantino’s fingerprints can be felt not just in the sweaty pulp thrills but in such touches as the early throwaway moments in which Ecklie, of all people, is allowed to make wisecracks that undermine the very premise of the show. Tarantino, with his eternal fondness for seedy*-looking characters on the margin of the narrative, may be the first person ever to work on the show who dared suggest that Ecklie might have a human side, and his take on the character actually stuck.

“Gum Drops” (season six, episode five): George Eads is the Jonathan Frakes of CSI, a sturdy presence who fits comfortably in the background—except that after so many years on the job, Eads has given no indication that he’s just been killing time until he can get his directing career lined up on the tarmac, so he must really like the work. Eads stepped into the lead* investigator role for this episode when a family tragedy sidelined William Petersen for an episode, and while it doesn’t offer him the showy opportunities that “Grave Danger” does, the ease with which he carries the ball at a moment’s notice testifies to the strength of the show’s whole ensemble.

Susan

:confused:We as fans have hardly communicate with George, would like him to be more present.
Hopefully, it creates an account on any social network soon again!:(:(

Loved on the Nick scenes last night. He actually had a decent amount of screen time. He is still rocking that facial hair. Loved how they let him use the new drone gadget.

And, he was looking hot.

I see George has finally broken down and started to wear his glasses. Looking mighty good with them as always.

Back