"Last Supper" Discussion **SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

AMEN, Smokey! and what's funny? If it was Eric going through this, instead of George, his fans would be the same way and feel the same way about the show or should I say, the out of tune show-runner and the writers.

Personally, all the veteran cast should stand up for their characters, then maybe they wouldn't be written out of character.

And CSI is only number 1 in the time slot, because something stronger is not against it.

I have always like the show and was going to watch it, even if George decided not to renew his contract. No matter how bad the writing is, because I like the forensics. But after the show-runner is destroying this show by supporting the writers and the bad writing and punishing George for speaking the truth, and not support the veteran cast that has made the show a success (not the newbies or these writers), I have a problem with that.

And if you're a fan of the veterans and don't have issue with that, well, that's you.

This show needs to go back to what made it great. Not this Hodges/Morgan/Greg/Elizabetta crap. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hell, even Greg deserves better than that. I'm glad Nick isn't part of that and if they were going to make him part of that love triangle, good for him to speak up.

This is a crime procedural show, not a soap opera. :rolleyes:

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Actually as an Eric fan, I would not feel the same way you all seem to think I would. You should never assume. I don't hold him up on a high pedestal and think everything he does is right.

And I personally would not mind seeing Greg and Morgan together. The show has been on 14 years. I think after this many years getting more personal stuff is fine, I just don't like seeing all the newest characters getting so much focus. It's still a fictional drama no matter what and things won't always be realistic.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I do not put George on a pedestal and think he can do no wrong. Never have and have never put Nick on one either. :rolleyes:

Supporting George for standing up for his character is not putting him on a pedestal or thinking he can do wrong. :rolleyes:

Or would you not support Eric if it was him going through this?

I already said he is partially to blame for what happened. However, before Billy left the writers and actors worked together. The writers were more open to the actors ideas.

You'll have to excuse me for not really believing you. With all the complaints about Greg's lack of story lines and screen time, I think you would feel the same. I'm not saying don't complain (because we all do) and that you don't have a valid complaint, because you do. I agree with you that newbies are getting to much attention, especially Morgan who isn't a lead character. Not much we can do about Danson and Shue, they're the leads.

I was a fan of the show long before Nick became my favorite character, well actually, Grissom was my other favorite one.

One thing I can tell you is, I'm never getting this vested in a show again.

4. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

This episode gives a whole new meaning to the term "justice is 'served'". I feel zero sympathy for the dead victims, who turned out to have committed rape then murder. As for the victim being killed, then cooked, I have to say that this episode went up beyond just finding human parts in meat like in the episode when Henry was 'kidnapped' by the boys and human was bbqed in that bar. Now, it's in the form of caviar and in breaded stuff. Gee, I wonder where the man's sweetbreads been turned into. I must've missed something on the caviar from human part. Did the vengeful Lennon sister do that?

I do enjoy watching episodes and movies with food in them. However, I'm not a fan of reality cooking shows full of drama, tantrums, and things like that. I do like to learn a recipe from a televised cooking demonstration, though. 'Chicharon'? Now, that's a first I've ever heard from an American. I've heard that a lot growing up when my Filipino family wanted some pork rinds. Some of the writers must've done the Go To Hell episode with Warrick thinking of that horrific-looking thing as 'balut' or duck fetus eggs.

Nice to see Charles Malik Whitfield in this (Otis Williams from The Temptations miniseries), and the blonde contestant looked somewhat like Christine from CSI:NY. Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that human parts can be turned into caviar, as much as I find it hard to take that the contestants would be so contained right after the Fear Factor moment with the eyeball and contact lens. I can't believe that I watched this right before dinner. And the Lennon sister's anger wasn't really believable. I'm not sure that she could portray rage well. That was like pretty much her expression throughout her time in the episode. Or it could just be from bad writing and bad directing.

This episode gets a C- due to the lack of Sara, Jim, and Nick. I do enjoy watching the black prosecutor (???) with Greg, though. I can't help but wonder IF the writers nowadays are the same writers from the original 90210 series, where blonde Kelly/Morgan has to choose between the good guy lab rat or the tough field mouse. I don't care if Morgan has a secret boyfriend that doesn't work in the same field as she does (like JJ doesn't have to work with Will in Criminal Minds) or if a suspect or witness has the hots for her. But, if this show will follow the Danny/Lindsay (NY) constant pairing with Morgan/Tom, Dick, or Harry or whatever episode after episode, then maybe, I'll be fully ending my time watching CSI and walking away if George truly walks away from it for good, rather than have the writers making this a soap opera and destroying Nick slowly and then turning him into a hot-headed Eric Delko (Miami) that I've been seeing him as lately. I really don't mind seeing Nick showing some emotion and empathy as long as it's the Nick I've known since I've first started watching the show and reruns in 2009. He's a professional, and I'll be damned if the writers would ever think about destroying him slowly.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  5. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

And also, I was actually expecting that Hodges and Senorina Elisabetta wouldn't last. He was too smart for her, and she was too beautiful for him (sorry Hodges). I've never seen Hodges' place before, but, or all places, must she have all those delicious, sexy-looking cakes presented at his place of work?? Of all places?? What a romantic structure the crime lab must be. It could just be to show-and-tell us viewers.

6. harmier

harmier Victim

With Wendy, I think it was due to them not knowing what to do with the character. The actress mentioned in an interview that that's what the producers (?) explained to her. Baring any evidence to the contrary, I guess that's the answer.

With Elisabetta, I'm guessing it's just that the Elisabetta storyline was always being meant to be a storyline that had a definite end in sight.

I'm not a fan of Greg/Morgan. I kind of was in the beginning, but not now. When I was, it was really based on the fact that Greg has been one my absolute favorite characters since the beginning. So, Greg was interested in Morgan and I liked it on a "Hell, why not?" level. But, it all changed with Malice in Wonderland. There was just something about the Hodges/Morgan chemistry that I liked a lot more than the Greg/Morgan.

Anyway, back to Greg. I was a Greg/Sara shipper for the longest time. Then the series had to go out of its way to show that Grissom and Sara were in a relationship and later have Sara go off to parts unknown (or something) leaving some supposedly heartwrenching letter for Grissom. Except it wasn't heartwrenching for someone who was never a fan of the relationship. Anyway, since Grissom is now completely out of the picture, I certainly wouldn't mind Greg/Sara to become canon.

I'll never understand why the series went for Grissom/Sara when it was obvious that Sara was having so much fun blowing up toilets with Greg. :)

7. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

(I'm sorry..I had to react...)

Really?? Ofcourse is everybody entitled to her of his own opinion .. I think beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... :cool:
    and IMHO I think Wallace Langham has an undefined attractiveness which maybe isn't the standard, but makes him so much more interesting....
    And actually I think the standard of beauty shouldn't be so important... People should be learning (and I know it's totally cliche, but so true) that it's the inner that counts ... But I guess that's utopia....

8. riddick

riddick Rookie

That's it, chemistry. I felt tons of it about Wedges. I feel it in a very different way about Modges, not even remotely the same sexual tension as Wedges. I just don't feel it about Morganders. I felt a lot of that between Greg and Sara, and I used to be a pretty convinced Sandle shipper. But I'm not able to warm up to Morganders, I just see two pretty thirty something people acting in the same scene. That said, I think Morganders fans will be satisfied at the end of the day, beacuse that's what most shippers want and TPTB have to retain as many viewers as possible now, considering the mess they did with Eads.

Needless to say, I'm with you on this 1000%. Wally IS an attractive man to me, being me never attracted to jocks, hunks or pretty boys. My taste in men is actually quirky I admit it, but I can't see how Wally can be considered ugly or repulsive.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

They are responsible..lol..what you didn't READ what happened..maybe you need glasses..:rolleyes:

10. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I think the writers should've just made a choice in season 12 in terms of who Morgan should hook up with (or kept everyone on the team as friends, that would've worked just fine too and maybe create a romance later), develop that relationship, while letting her develop as her own character, instead of throwing in one love interest after another, and create this soap operish triangle (I'm still convinced Elisabetta was an excuse to further that whole storyline).

Who knows, even though it looks too obvious to me that Morgan and Hodges will get together, I could be 100% wrong and Morgan hooks up with Matt Davis. Wouldn't make sense, but strangely, that really wouldn't surprise me either, they could just shove the triangle under the rug, because in the end, they're always trying to make her someone's girlfriend. The way they describe his character spells out "Love interest" and the episode he'll appear in will be Morgan heavy, who else would they pair him up with?

However, even if they went the other route instead (just making a decision in season 12), that still doesn't mean I want the show to be mainly centered around Morgan. and it still frustrates me that the longtime characters are staying sidelined in comparison to the new guys.

I'm glad Elisabetta is gone, but sadly, that doesn't mean the whole soap opera vibe that's developed on this show has been toned down or gotten rid of...yet

11. Leila_Tompkins

Leila_Tompkins Victim

Ok this has gotten out of hand. This thread is supposed to be about discussing the episode, not bickering.

This is a fair point 'cuz it has seemed that the George/Nick fans are holding George at little to no fault but we also don't know who is to blame. People assume because no one is saying much about it that it falls on the writers and CM. None of us were there, therefore no one needs to jump to any assumptions just because we aren't getting all the details. I understand that fans are upset about George being gone from some episodes.

As an Eric fan, if he were going thru the same situation yes I would be upset but I wouldn't be sitting here talking down about the writers or Carol. And if Eric wasn't going to be on the show for several episodes I would still watch the show because I know. He wouldn't want his fans to stop the show just because he wasn't on it. I would support all I could as a loyal fan of his but I also would continue to watch the show as a loyal fan of the show for years.

Personally, I think George would want us to let the situation go while still remaining supportive for him. But that's just me, I know not everyone will agree. Do as u want but I'm gonna let it go and just continue to support George in own way.

Now as for the episode, I thought it was good but also disgusting. Made me wanna watch what I eat when I go out lol. I've watched some cooking shows the last couple years and I could never imagine something like this happening altho it is always a possibility. It was a good episode overall, glad they dialed down Finn and seems like everyone is getting an amount equal screentime so far this season. I kinda forsaw the end of Hodges and Elisabetta, they just weren't right for each other and u could see it. Maybe now Hodges will get a better storyline without a heartbreak story like we just had with Elisabetta. Looking forward to the 300th next week and see Marg again!

12. Rena

Rena Rookie

I'm a little bit surprised that so many of you actually liked the episode, because I didn't like it at all :lol: I thought it was lame. Since there was no Brass, they put some of the questionings between CSI guys and suspects/witnesses without a detective present and into a TV studio instead of an intorregation room. Come on!
    And of course there was AGAIN some annoyed producer/club manager/salesman/shop owner who didn't care much about a dead body in the studio/club/shop but rather about the schedule/money. Wtf?! Sorry, but it's so repetitive.

13. AleSir19

AleSir19 Hit and Run

Good Plot, Bad episode the same thing of all the time, the writters come with one good plot, people eating food with human rest, but the development is crap, i dont understan, ¿Why Nick, Sara and Bras is out of this?, the CSI always would need one good Detective in front in the original seasons was 3 detectives (one of them was Brass) but kill one and later the other goes.

The caviar thing bad son many food and you take the caviar?, the sea food?, why not the chiken?, The killers like always good character rape for all the other but all the motive is very sick.

Some thing very stupids, like the manager that dont care the dead people or the bad forensics!

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Nick will not appear in any episodes until episode 9. George was put on leave from the show.

15. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I don't know about Guilfoyle, but Jorja gets a couple episodes off a season as per her contract. They try and spread them out throughout the year.