"Torch Song" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Oct 8, 2013.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The CSI team investigates a fire at a music venue that leaves four people dead.

John Ratzenberger guest stars as club owner Stu Kirchoff.

GUEST CAST:
    Marc Vann (Conrad Ecklie)
    Larry Mitchell (Officer Mitchell)
    Sylva Kelegian (Kim Ellis)
    Joshua Alba (Timo Padia)
    John Ratzenberger (Stu Kirchoff)
    Mark Deklin (Ryan Miller)
    Irene Keng (Nora Wong)
    Joe Adler (Jeremy Douglass)
    Michael Filipowich (Caleb Voight)
    Bay Dariz (Kurt Harper)
    Kwinci Griffith (Rene Nylen)

TELEPLAY BY: Tom Mularz
    STORY BY: Elizabeth Devine
    DIRECTED BY: Brad Tanenbaum

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Well Nick looks like he's trying as hard as ever. Jeez, of all the original characters Nick deserves an exit. Instead we just get a melancholy phasing out.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

So, so agree. It's pathetic they way they're treating him after all these years. :(

5. AleSir19

AleSir19 Hit and Run

So pathetic and bad teaser, is horrific, who writte this? Mularz, what say Nick is OK his acting is OK, like all the time his character is good and the same the character is regular. But Ted Danson, he is a good actor, but see the script is so bad.

The scene with the Mother Crying that is my son?!, so used, the written goes very bad in the series, they dont have nothing to do like forensics CSi they are?

In CSI are like thousands of that scenes, with one character screaming "That is my Mon/Dad/son/aunt/child!?" and the worts part is that the scene is so false and the lines are so stupid why a mother that is saying That is my son would change too son to "My son was in a party wwhit his friends, they do this to him?"

So bad, i really want Warrick, Grissom and all the old things back, when was one Lab tecnic for one thing and not 1X2 or 3 things. When the CSI wasnt bad cops and when regulars and simple plots, become to good and great, the writters have to understand in the old times of CSI one regular case like one mother with one child all deads, turn so great but all was so simple.

6. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Based on the teaser, the mother did it.

7. Rena

Rena Rookie

"Sorry. This site is not available from your location." Grrr! :scream:

8. Rena

Rena Rookie

Sara looked awesome, Brass was awesome and funny but the rest was meh. They have to put on hardhats before going into a building that got burned down to the grounds. But no need for accuracy.
    The point with the mother is that last episode it was a wife crying for her husband. "That's my son!" and "That's my husband". So, yeah, I get the point. I thought it was a little bit odd to have yet another family member rushing to the crime scene and being the center of attention.
    It was an ok episode. No more, no less.

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Brought back memories of The Station Nightclub Fire in West Warwick, RI back in '03. I may be in MA but I'm not more than an hour from West Warwick. The 'flashback' scenes of the people trying to get out. Nick talking about the sound proofing foam burning. Thank god "CSI" only made (fictional) 4 deaths.

I thought the fire fighter/investigator guy was an :censored:.

Was pleasantly suprised when Finn admitted that she didn't really know everything. I think it's a first. :eek:

Love Nick when he gets into 'teacher' mode and gets to show someone else how/what to do. :thumbsup:

Now my 5 episode vacation from "CSI" begins.

Susan

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yup, reminded me of the The E2 Nightclub Stampede Though this happened because a security guard was an idiot and used pepper spray to break up a fight within the club. :rolleyes:

This was shortly before that club fire in RI.

And yes, this begins my 5 episode vacation from CSI, as well.

11. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

It was a good episode to me, it could be worse or i could be better. The two first episodes were better to me.

I'm waiting for the next two episodes, the cases seem solid

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Not a superb episode, but alright. I have to say I'm liking this season better than last so far.

Cool to see John Ratzenberger. I of course suspected he did it. I'm glad he wasn't the direct or the only guilty party but still, I wish the guest stars were not always guilty. They don't always have to be, Stephen Baldwin wasn't for example.

Bit odd seeing Nick stick his finger in a spiral of ants when was nearly eaten alive by them eight years ago. I wish there would be a line that he's facing his fear or something to that effect

Brass punching and stopping the suspect :thumbsup:

Kept thinking of the episode Bad Words

Probably an unpopular opinion but I hope we see the fireman again. He can be like Ecklie was years ago. A nemesis to the team, but perhaps they can change and grow his character and the show goes along

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Was this George's last episode for awhile?

14. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

yes, he's back in episode 9 ;)

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Was there any hint he was leaving in the episode, I hope?