"Torch Song" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Oct 8, 2013.

1. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Not really, they'll give us explanations in the next two episodes.

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

I thought this was a fairly decent episode. Nothing stellar, mind you, but a sight better than the personal goop we've had to sit through. It was all about the case ... and the arrogant fireman. But I liked how Finn and Nick worked together on this one. I'm starting to warm up to her, now that they've toned her down. Hope they keep her that way!

3. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I liked this one on the whole. Good to have an arson case and I was surprised at the one case becomes two approach. I'm not sure when that last happened but it was a bit of a spin on the usual anyway.

This was all to do with the case which I really liked. The fireman sub-plot was fairly decent as well although the guy came across as being a bit one-dimensional. Loved to see him get put down by Nick and Finn though (who I feel has become a lot better so far).

Brass was hilarious, and I enjoyed Nick showing off his bug knowledge and the final scene.

My only issue with this one was the weird 'send a guy in with a mike to catch out the bad guy' angle. Firstly it seemed a bit too much that they were trying to force the evidence and the suspect to match (as opposed to letting the evidence explain all) and second was the peculiar lack of compassion showed by any of them when their bait got acid thrown in his face. Everyone was sort of like "bad things happen but at least we caught our perp!"

Other than that it was a fairly solid, rewatchable episode. B

4. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

I liked this ep.

Seems Nick has a bit of a nemesis in Ryan Miller, hope we see him again. :devil:

Finn finally stopped ogling every guy she met here!

I liked the ant aspect too, showing Nick has kept up on that front.

I never seen ants do that spiral thing before, interesting. :vulcan:

I admit I'll watch the next eps just to see what they say about Nick.

Then I'll forget them. :rommie:

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I like this episode. Less personal stuff and more investigating.