Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

For the fact that DB was brought in (& Catherine demoted) to clean up the crime lab after the Langston/Haskell debacle they sure do seem to get accused of murder an awful lot! :rolleyes:

Susan

2. mirdaishan

mirdaishan Hit and Run

(Sorry, feeling very stupid here, but... eh... what is tptb? :confused: )

3. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Not only that, since DB arrived the women of CSI frequently end up in mortal danger. Things certainly were safer for the team when Grissom was boss.
    And why have the women on this show suddenly become constant damsels in distress?

4. blackflag

Don't feel stupid. Many of us had to ask - I know I had to ask. :)

TPTB = The Powers That Be

Susan

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Where does it say that? I didnt see anything.

Edit: ok now I saw the article.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Seriously. I so totally agree. This is a whole other show now. Sara is no longer Sara. George is MIA. And there is no continuity/respect for anything about the show that came before.

7. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I've been cautiously optimistic about some of the episodes that have been hinted so far, but this "Girls Gone Wild" episode sounds absolutely horrendous. They're seriously bringing up the 'CSI involved in a murder angle'... again?!

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'll admit...I've been very bitter since the whole George fiasco. Could you tell?? ;) Even before that I was getting more and more disappointed with the show. But this has put me over the edge. :scream:

How many more incredibly stupid scripts are they going to accept for this show?? Seriously?? ANOTHER "there happens to be a murder at the scene where a CSI is off duty" story? And ANOTHER "CSI accused of murder" story?? This is beyond ridiculous at this point! :wtf:

Not to mention...sorry...but I just don't see Sara, Finn, and Morgan as hanging out together off duty.

And quite frankly...I don't know about Shue or Harnois, but does this sound like a script that Jorja would be proud to act out? My suspicions would be that she might be unhappy with things like George is, but now that she's seen the price to be paid for speaking out she is keeping quiet. I don't know. She just strikes me and someone who would be above this kind of silliness.

For the love of all that's holy, George. Run. Run far, far away from this farce of what was once a great show. :(

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

And that's because they're not a 'family' anymore. The guys yes, because the labrats have been there forever. There is no more team bonding scenes anymore.

So there is no cohesiveness.

10. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

It makes me sad though, because there was so much potential in season 12 for CSI to go back to what made the show so good...but I guess that all changed after Catherine left. Season 13 had some good episodes and some that were focused on the original cast (but, despite that, it still doesn't change that the longtime characters have lacked any new material in terms of character development, or that the writers screwed up some of their best long running story lines etc.), but the cases and ensemble/family aspect still declined, and some story lines were really awful or ridiculous.

From what I've seen in the first three episodes, it looks like they're mixing up the team members more, especially in the latest episode, but there's still that lack of bonding or chemistry. I liked the Morgan/Greg scenes and the Nick/Brass scenes last week though in "Take the Money and Run" and in terms of the cases so far (not counting the premiere), I actually thought they were pretty good/ok, and it's been awhile since there's been an arson case on the show.

However, I'm still not looking forward to the Morgan/Hodges/Elisabetta fiasco in the next episode. Since his mother won't be making an appearance, I think it's pretty clear the wedding won't happen.

Plus, I'm not happy about Nick leaving either,

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  11. blackflag

I've said I'll believe it when I see it...

I believe it now. :hugegrin: :beer:

"Back in action."

Thank you Shane and George. :thumbsup:

Susan

12. Inxs

Inxs Lab Technician

:cool: Good to see him back.

13. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I hope he keeps the goatee

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, with Nick gone for the next 5 episodes and me being pissed that tptb and writers rolled him under the bus...I won't have to watch that soap opera crap. :rolleyes:

15. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Yay :D!! glad he'll be back!!

Well, Speedystokesgirl, the only reason I'm even considering on watching the next episode is because Greg's in it. Although...I have a feeling he'll have very little screentime, and/or no quality moments whatsoever :shifty:... . Whatever happens with Morgan and Hodges (unless they just stay friends, though part of me is still convinced this whole fiancee thing will just be an excuse to pursue Modges...why else would they drag it on this long?), or Hodges and Elisabetta, I'll just have to deal. Sadly, no matter how the writers play out this storyline, I either still prefer Wedges and Branders, or just platonic relationships on the show.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013