Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

The rock in Fannysmackin'? It was also brought up in Post Mortem

2. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I don't know if there's any point to putting this up, but they updated the spoilers about "who's in the casket" on tvspoilernews.com.

http://tvspoilernews.com/spoilers-csi-14x01-get-ready-because-someone-is-going-to-die/

It says it's

and I know this is kinda random but....why is Greg sitting with Ecklie and not his longtime friends Nick and Sara :confused:?? is that hinting towards something, or are they just shoving his friendships with those two even further under the rug? I hope not :shifty:.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting tired of Morgan being in the spotlight, but I will be sad, especially for Greg and Ecklie if she dies :(. But at the same time I would be just as sad if they killed off Ellie instead, and Brass should have a second chance with his daughter :(...but based on all these hints and recent spoilers I'm not really expecting it to be her. Besides, will they even bother to continue the Brass/Ellie story arc if she lived? It's hard to say....considering there's been nothing spoiler-wise for Brass for later in the season.....

I have a feeling nothing's going to end well :(, unless it turns out be someone from LVPD we hardly see who dies, but I doubt that.

If Morgan lives, I have no doubt there's a high chance she'll be in the limelight again, and I'm sure her personal stuff will drag on, but at least she fits in well with the team IMO, and I have to admit, I would rather take the drama of three new characters that have already been on the show since season 12 and are at least likable, over another new guy who's taking Nick's place (I have a bad feeling he won't stay in just a recurring role). While Matt Davis may be a great actor (or so I heard), and maybe his character won't be so bad, I'm still tired of them constantly cramming in new actors instead of taking the time to balance out the current cast in terms of screen time and development of their characters or just focusing more on Nick, Greg, Sara and Brass.

I'm attached to the old team, and I like the new characters, but I'm also attached to the ensemble, friendships and family part of CSI, and I wish they would just leave the main cast a lone (because apparently if someone leaves, even if it's someone no one cares about, they will just keep adding new actors, even if there's absolutely no need to), focus on developing them and the relationships between them.

The case involving Greg sounds interesting. As far as the storyline goes......it could be intriguing; I have a feeling it will be a made-up cold case, but I can only hope it's nothing OOC for Greg or over the top/mediocre or they rewrite his history. Though it would've been nice to have a flashback to fannysmacking (it's the only case I can think of that could threaten his future as a CSI). But again, I can't help but feel that the writers are just throwing a bone or two to fans who are still attached to the original cast, like they sort of were last season (at least Sara had a story arc, though).

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Every season they say they'll shock us, but they don't. We can always predict what they have in store.

Morgan will not die. They're not about to kill her off.

Brass is sitting in the front pew, which would indicate either Ellie or his ex-wife is in the coffin.

Again, not shocking.

You want to know what the only thing that would shock me? If it's Grissom in the casket and there is nothing in the episode indicating that. (Not that I want Grissom dead)

They can't shock us. That's how bad the keeping things secret and writing is.

4. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Hmm I was wondering also...it will be shocking they say...so agree on everyone who's stating it can't be Ellie..

If it is Morgan..I am disappointed that it seems her "best friend" (i.e. Hodges as she mentioned herself) is not attending the funeral (as far as the promo picture is revealing)..it's weird überhaupt there's no sign of any labrat or doc or superdave...

5. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

yeah, I'd be sad for Hodges too, if Morgan died....sorry. Well the spoilers did say that more mourners will come later in the episode, so maybe Hodges, and other people from the lab (Doc, Henry, superdave etc.) will show up later on. Even though Brass is sitting in the front row (and maybe his ex-wife would show up later in the episode if it was Ellie), it still doesn't explain why 1.) Greg is sitting with Ecklie and 2.) why even Elisabeth Harnois keeps hinting that her character is going to die and that there are no spoilers for her character at all, later in the season. Or maybe, both girls don't make it?

I'm not sure I would count that article about Morgan's love life as a spoiler for this season, because that came out before the writers even started on scripts for the first five episodes, and there's also a video interview posted on CSIFiles, from April, 2013 :

(http://www.csifiles.com/content/2013/04/harnois-calls-bloody-csi-crime-scenes-fascinating-but-disgusting/ )

where EH talks about the exact same thing in regards to Morgan's love interests on the show; if I didn't know better, I'd think somebody screwed up on the date of that article.

Hmmm, interesting, Speedy. So they've done that in previous seasons? Sorry I didn't start reading spoilers until.....season 11...I think. Maybe you're right, it just seems too obvious to me that it will be Morgan, and again, there's been nothing indicating otherwise, and both the show and its writers have changed a lot the past 4 years, maybe they're willing to kill off major characters to add more drama without saying so in advance....I don't know. I guess, I'm just bracing myself for the worst.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I remember how they tried to make us think Ray died after being stabbed, and yet it was in the news how he had renewed his contract. Still...the opening scene with the funeral fooled a few non-spoiler fans for a minute or two. ;)

I really don't think they are killing Morgan off. There has been nothing to indicate that she was leaving the show, despite Don McGill saying we will be SHOCKED! :eek: Not holding my breath.

Remember the spoiler about a CSI in a body bag at the end of the Jekyll saga? Turned out to be a police officer that we'd never even seen before.

Anyway, one thing I noticed tonight that I think is kind of funny. The cover photo on the CSI Facebook page has the whole team except for Morgan. Now, you might think it's an old pic, but no...DB and Finn are in it and they joined the show after she did. Hmmm...

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

It won't be Morgan. Hearing no spoilers is done on their end to make sure we think it's her. It's not. I can guarantee it.

As for Greg sitting with Ecklie, I'm sure it's because he blames Nick for Morgan getting kidnapped. Greg said they should pick her up and Nick said no, let's wait it out.

Sorry, but he's quick to blame as he has done in the past. So he may not want to sit with Nick.

If it was Morgan, I would think they would be sitting together, regardless. Besides, Nick and Sara have worked more closely with Brass for a longer period of time then Greg.

After all, he was a labrat for the first 5 years.

8. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

Plus, we're not sure what Brass is wearing at the funeral because he is obscured by flower arrangements. If he's wearing a sweater, Greg wouldn't want to sit next to him because that would freak him out.

9. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I agree, they won't kill Morgan. They favour her too much to kill her and she's a character easy to write for. They can't kill Hodges either because he's the last 'comic relief' character left on the show. It's most likely someone related to Brass either by direct family or police family.

The more they try to make us believe it's Morgan the more desperate they come out to be. They also achieve the complete opposite of what they aim for.
    Like you said, only Grissom in the coffin would shock me (because he has nothing to do with this plot). Well, Warrick would shock me too :rolleyes: and a character from a CSI franchise would be unexpected. But anything else is too predictable or uninteresting.

10. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Could the dead character be Sofia Curtis? Because that would be a surprise.

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Maybe it is one of the detectives or cops

12. Leila_Tompkins

Leila_Tompkins Victim

I'm sorry but how exactly is Greg quick to blame? I've watched every season and I don't remember a time when he was quick to blame. If anything he is quick to defend, not only himself but his friends as well, and maybe even quick to forgive. Like I said I don't remember a time in any season where Greg was quick to blame.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  13. mirdaishan

mirdaishan Hit and Run

They all said that "more characters will die".
    Curious who those other characters are... The bad guys? Random police officers? People we know?

Grissom or Sofia would definitely be a surprise, but I wouldn't count on it being either one of them.

Right now, I'm thinking Brass' ex-wife, with Ellie in 2nd place and Vartann in 3rd.

:eek: It wouldn't be Doc Robbins or David, would it? :eek:

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Maybe I should have said 'quick to accuse or quick to decide someone is guilty.'. He did it with Warrick in 'For Gedda' and with Langston. Everyone felt they were innocent, he did not.

15. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

If it were a detective or cop that were killed, wouldn't Brass be in uniform, and the funeral would contain at least 5-10 cops...