Ratings Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Desertwind, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Either that, or they move it around throughout the season.

2. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Criminal Mind hit a series low (in ratings) so it didn't help CSI for sure... Bad ratings at 9PM = ratings drop at 10PM

3. cancsifan

cancsifan Civilian

Ratings might be down because a lot of fans are not happy about the Sara/Grissom split. I usually rewatch every episode at least once or twice. Couldn't watch last weeks again and contemplated not watching last evenings episode. I know there are a lot of unhappy GSR shippers out there.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I can see that.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Nothing on Wednesday night's been doing all that great lately. Survivor's not been pulling in the ratings that they used to. Criminal Minds was down from their normal this week. CSI's basically doing what it's been doing all season which is jumping around. Some would say that Chicago Fire winning in the demo was predicted - I wonder how many females between 18-30 watching Chicago Fire are waiting for the male cast to be shirtless? :lol: In all honesty, the ratings were bound to go down for this episode - and not because GSR broke up! - but because they went up so much for the last episode.

Susan

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

CSI has only been under a 2.0 in the demo twice in the series history: last night and 2 weeks ago. They've been averaging in the low to mid 2's this season.
    Looking at the numbers recently, I'd say they're not in any position to kiss off any of their fans, and clearly they have done just that.

7. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I think last night’s drop in ratings is a direct result of last week’s GSR fiasco. IMO it was pissed off Grissom fans that stayed away. TPTB completely misjudged the enduring popularity of Grissom/WP.
    Anytime the ratings were this low this season the reasons given were that the Grammys were on, or some charity concert of Criminal Minds wasn’t the lead in. None of those excuses apply this week.
    TPTB better have realized that messing with Grissom’s legacy is a no win situation. I expect to see some major scrambling by the writers to change the direction they were heading with Sara/Grissom.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Mmmmmyeah...I think every week there is something that pisses off someone about the show. Doubt if it affects the ratings that much. I think it's the combination of the night of the week, the competition, and the weak storylines lately. And quite frankly, I'll watch more often without GSR. Let Sara be Sara for awhile and not the S in GSR.

9. blackflag

As an aside...
    CBS has never really payed that much attention to the 18-49 demographic or really the overnights. They're much more interested in the +7 numbers.

Personal opinion --- Last Friday's ep of CSI: New York was the series finale. They can make pretend that Forget Me Not never happened, they can bring Billy Petersen back tomorrow, CSI will still continue to slowly drop in the ratings. (Their ratings have been slowly been going down since long before BP left.) My prediction, it will not last much past episode 300 (which is ep 5 next season) so you might as well take some chances now.

While you're putting all the blame on the writers don't forget to put some of it on Jorja Fox. Even she admitted that they came to her about the direction that GSR would take this season. I'm not a fan of GSR. I'm not really a fan of Grissom. And I'm not a fan of Sara, but like Smokey said, let Sara be Sara. Let her be the strong character that she used to be instead of existing because of GSR.

Susan

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I'm not sure where to ask this question so I'll do it here.

Is there any new episodes for CSI in the next few weeks?

Chicago Fire won't be back for another three weeks.

I do expect CSI: to get their 300th episode next season and I never really liked this show because it was more gruesome than NY and when the crossover aired, it reminded me of why I didn't watch it.

11. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

It's getting worse by the episode. Last year most were annoyed by DB & his family, most still don't like Finn, now this season everyone has a reason to be frustrated. No Nick/Greg storylines then the GSR going downhill hype, the cases are weak and most of them aren't solved as a team, nobody's happy at this pace.

Which brings us to...

Perhaps it shouldn't for it's own sake. Everyone (cast, producers and viewers) would be better off if 14 will be the last season.

12. blackflag

March 6th is a re-air of Karma to Burn
    March 13th is a re-air of Pick and Roll

Any farther than that they haven't put out press releases for yet.

Susan

13. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I kind of agree that season 14 might be the last, to be honest I'm ready to let CSI go for good. The only reason I haven't completely abandoned the show since WP left is because of Grissom's connection to Sara. I get the feeling noone is really happy with the show anymore and we're all just hanging on for scraps.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

If you can call Nick a scrap, then yeah...that's what I'm hanging on for. :lol: Seriously tho...that's why I watch now, just as that's why GSR fans were watching, Greg fans watch, etc. I'm not sure there's anyone anymore who just plain likes the show (now they will all speak up tho, I'm sure :) ).

As for all of the reruns coming up. March Madness. Go IU! :D

15. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

Jorja has always admitted as being pro-GSR, including last week's comment "I'll always be committed to GSR", so I can't imagine her supporting this dismal storyline.

Is anybody surprised about the ratings? I've no doubt "Forget me not" felt like a stab in the back to many loyal viewers, and not just because of GSR, but GRISSOM. And with that "lecture" in the last scene, what DID they expect. Who wants to carry on watching a show that doesn't respect its own past- and via that its loyal viewers?