Grade 'Seth and Apep'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 8, 2013.

?

How would you grade Seth and Apep?

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. A

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Rena

Rena Rookie

No offense, but you often disagree with people who criticize Mac. Giving us a detailed analyis of his psychological profile, you explain and defend his behaviour and why it was okay. There are people who don't know about his past and/or who don't care. And there are people who don't like his occasional hypocrisy, self-righteousness, or him being all John McClane. And there are people who don't like him at all. You don't like Hawkes for reasons others cannot relate to. It's okay if you're disagree, but you make people sound ... dull, as if your were the only one who figured out Mac's entire profile. :)

Then let's also stop talking about Mac being hot whenever he's angry :p

I just finished watching and I still don't like the storyline for the crossover. IMO it's still unnecessary since it only served Mac's character profile and his relationship to Christine. As I said earlier, I would prefer Christine to be ordinary. I know kidnapping is a favoured dramatic element but it's so used.
    Speaking of McClane: I was wondering about the procedure of the investigation. Wouldn't a defense lawyer argue that Mac didn't follow proper procedures and through proper channels and deconstruct the whole case in a trial? Like that he screwed it up by not communicating with his fellows and going on all by himself? :wtf: And what was it with that package that was sent to Mac? After 9/11 there'd be extremely high security measures which would make it impossible to drop off any non-offical, randomly labelled package at a police station?

I would suggest that Christine needs time to recover, though she looked pretty fine for someone who was held capitive for a couple of days without a shower or going to the bathroom. If there's going to be a season 10, they could continue this storyline as a recurrent theme. Or drop it, like they always do.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I guess I was just too excited about the episode and didn't really care if Mac was hypocritical. :)

I do agree about the package though. Btw, where was she? Were Jo and Lindsay close to where she was? I kept thinking, Lindsay there are double doors there, kick it down!!:lol:

I do bet they will drop the incident next week. :lol:

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm gonna re watch the ep sometime soon, but my curiosity is getting to me. What was Mac talking about when he apologized to Jo about not telling her? Just that Christine was missing and possibly what he was doing about it? And why didn't he tell her?

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think it was what he was doing about Christine was missing. I'm sure she knew when he was still in Vegas.

He didn't tell her because she probably would have talked him out of what he was going to do or maybe it was just best she didn't know.

5. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, that was my thought too, I just wasn't positive.

6. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I found everything very unrealistically. This does not correspond charakter from Mac.

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

What a fantastic episode!

- Mac - finally, finally, we got to see just what a dangerous man Mac is, and how he truly is a man driven by his emotions. As Jade Nolan pointed out, this ep really did show just what he's capable of, and serve as reminder of the fact that he was a Recon Marine, and that as a Recon Marine, he killed men. I think this ep pretty much blasts any of the whingey, whiny whinges that Mac is 'too cold' or 'by the book' or 'only sees things in black and white' out of the water. And if you don't like that, tough, deal with it or shut up.

- I really was struck by the emotional toll this case took on Mac, not just because what he did in order to find and save Christine had to take him back to things he did/saw/experienced as a Recon Marine, things he's tried hard to push to the very darkest reaches of his memory, things that drive him to keep that very careful self-control, but also because it involved *Christine* and he was essentially powerless to help her via all the methods that were within the rules and regulations of what he was allowed to do as a detective. The interrogation scene with Kalim, the moment when he saw that tongue in the box, when he got the calls from Christine, and that scene at the airport really show how truly scared and desperate he was behind that coldly furious-beyond-belief facade. We haven't seen him that scared since 'Indelible' when he was talking to Claire on the phone and then the second plane hit the second tower, and they got cut off. Just....wow.

-I liked Don and DB distracting the marshals so Mac could sneak Kalim out. Of everyone, they are both the most able to understand the desperate situation Mac was in, and understand his motives, and it was obvious that Don was more than ready to bend a few rules for Mac, whatever it took, and whatever the consequences. Mac thanking Don, and the unspoken understanding between them at the end was wonderful to see. It really shows their closeness and the trust between them, and how they're not going to express that by getting all touchy-feely but through MANLY nods and wordless 'yeah, I get you,' moments. Heh.:lol:

-I loved that Jo trusted Mac enough to let him go off and do his thing (and that he trusted her enough to cover the more basic investigative-angles of the case while he did) - again, like Don, I think she could easily get where he was coming from, and understood that the breaking of some rules was necessary. I bet she'd be every bit as deadly-determined and desperate were one of her kids kidnapped. I loved their scene at the end, when she hugged Mac, and said 'thank god we got Christine back' - it's great that she, and the whole team, seem to consider Christine as family. I liked Mac apologising to her too, and her simple understanding that he did what he had to.

-Mac's pure vulnerability and his obvious *love* for Christine in this ep was just.....there are no words, really. <3 <3 <3

-DB was awesome. Loved his firmly established friendship with Mac, and how he backed Mac up even when Mac would have preferred to go it alone. I chuckled when Don asked if they were planning to just walk Kalim out the front door, and Mac and DB exchanged a look and just said, 'Yes'. Evidently, DB has just as many sneaky-smarts as does Mac, his distracting the federal marshal guys was EPIC. His final scene with Mac was great as well. If we do get a s10 of NY, I'd love to see more of Mac and DB working together, and then DB going out for drinks etc with the NY team.

-Flack looked good in that hat he was wearing at the beginning. Just sayin'.

-The airport scene with Mac and that guy and 'Russian roulette' was one of the best scenes EVER in the show. Dangerous, desperate Mac to an extent we've never seen before. I honestly thought there just might be one bullet in that gun.

- Mac and Christine at the end was just.....<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3. 'I knew you'd come for me' 'Always'. Mac is NOT man you would want for an enemy. But as an ally or even better a friend? I honestly don't think you could ask for better.

-I liked Lovato threatning to shoot Kalim's sister if she tried to run. Heh. You wouldn't want to piss her off, either. I now really want to see her and Mac interrogate some perp or other together.

-I hate Hawkes, but I will say I wanted to give him a pat on the back when he was telling Lindsay they needed to be strong for Mac. That was nice, and whatever my issues with him, it's good to see he does care for Mac.

-Boyd getting his tongue cut out.....ewwwwwwwwwwww, nasty!

-Jo was great in this ep (as was everyone else even if they only got a small role) and it was particularly good to see her, along with DB and Don, really be there for Mac even when he was trying to go it alone. Mac does so much for his guys, and it's lovely on those occasions when we get to see that trust and protectiveness and closeness,goes both ways, and see them be there and look out for him as well.

Okay, so that's my review of the ep. I also want to say that I think Jade Nolan and Mac&Adam fan made very good points. It feels like lately certain people post only to complain, whinge, and bash certain characters (and no, I don't mean just Mac, so there) and/or the show in general, and that the majority of the so called ep review threads seem to have become less about any genuine discussion/review of an ep, its good or bad points, than about that. It's really quite petty, and getting at posters who have dared to question that is just nasty. I don't post on the majority of threads here anymore for just that reason, but I wanted to just give my thoughts on this one and just say my bit about the general attitude over here as well. If you don't like it, sorry. I don't like it here either anymore. But I do like the show, and I do love Mac, even more after this episode.
    That's everything. I doubt I'll be posting here again.

8. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Sorry, but I had to put in my 2cents here. Whether I like it or not, I have to agree with how some of the posters didn't like how the 1st crossover was handled. And that maybe, some of the Vegas fans can come off as territorial as the cast members of Vegas, who wouldn't give a second thought as to knowing much about the NY show. They have their opinions as long as they can back it up.

I admit that I haven't watched the crossovers yet due to cable troubles so I have to wait for a couple of days to watch them on CBS.com in case the commercials or whatever don't slow down the shows as the days go by. So I don't read into much of what people post here regarding the crossovers.

There may be reasons as to why some posters have a problem with how an episode was written, a character getting OOC, etc. I can't necessarily consider them whining or bashing anyone character IF they have something to back them up. I can pretty much come up with examples that Mac may be flawed and not always 'by the book' as well as problems I may have with how he was written regarding how he is to the other characters (Danny's missing gun and badge). He may have his flaws, but I take him over DB, Horatio, or Gil anytime. Without being dazed by my admiration for him fully.

Some posters may criticize Mac's actions, but they back it up. If I say that I don't like this character, I try to back up why. Yet, you continually hate Hawkes and I have yet to know why.

Okay, done ranting.

9. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Oh yes, he did. Screencap from eddie-cahill.net :drool:

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yes he sure did. I even tweeted to him about that scene. :lol:

11. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Does this happen every week?

I stopped watching NY when Mac got kidnapped at the end of Season 4 and only watched the Langston cross-over and this since.

Did my nut in.

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I think it was about not telling anyone about the phone call he received from Christine and her kidnapper and his plan of breaking Zane out of the precinct (I think only Mac, DB and Flack knew bout it).

Not every week. But when it happens, it's annoying. It happens especially during processing of evidence.

13. MacsGirlMel

The more I look back at this crossover, the more I am inclined to agree that they could have easily done it as a plain old NY ep and come up with better plot material for the crossover. I'm a sucker for stuff with ships I like, and kinda enjoyed it, but if you're going to do a crossover, you need material that will persuade folks who only watch one series or the other to tune in...this story just likely wasn't enough for a lot of people. If you don't watch NY, you don't know much about the characters, and it just ends up being like "who cares?" in regards to the NY half of the story. Some posters said as much on the LV end and I know there were likely more who felt that way. There might've been some NY-only folks who were that way about the LV half too, but I get the feeling it would've been heavier the other way, since it was the NY lead's gf that was missing.

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I think they could have just done a two parter NY episodes instead of a crossover. I didn't care for the LV episode all that much and was kinda bored with it.

15. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

why is it taking so long to get to season 9 in NZ lol just bring the DVDs out and start season 9 lol lol