Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 9, 2012.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

From CSI Files:

2. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

looks like a good pair.he contributed split decissions from s12 which i found at least very suspensful. so this should be one(add blue plate and a very good year to it) of the episodes from this season i could perhaps enjoy.

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

You know, having been re-watching earlier seasons recently, I've been nostalgic of the episodes we used to get by people like David Rambo and Sarah Goldfinger, and I think for me, Daley is kind of a call back to those earlier episodes. They're interesting to watch which is more than I can say for a majority of the recent seasons. So it's a bit of a wait, but definitely an episode I'm looking forward to.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

The promo looks good...hope someone posts it soon.

I wonder if we'll get the same one Friday after NY or a different one...the NY watchers will have to keep an eye things.

I was curious about DB's question, like "what does he mean and is Christine hiding something?" but now I realize that asking how well Mac knew her would just be DB eliminating the possibility of her running off. We know that isn't it, but he wouldn't.

Love Mac's emotion in his love quote. Awesome.

I still think I'll bypass Wednesday night and watch the next LV ep right before the NY half, so I'm not hanging for two days.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  5. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

yes, this is exactly what i was trying to tell, thanks.as far i can tell, i would define his signature as complicating, twisting and suspensful(man up/split decissions).and as we know it's the formula that gave csi the credits, especially international.then exept of richard catalani, none of the new producers brought an attribute which had convinced me.

6. JorjaFoxFan

The promo is up on youtube, first hit. It looks alright, I've never really been one for crossovers, and I'm not a huge fan of NY so I doubt I'll even tune in but hopefully they'll air a different promo Friday. I'm more excited to get the season going again after this week's break.

Warrick17, I agree with you. I don't think the show translated well in new hands.

7. MacsGirlMel

You should try it out again, it's as good as the original, I think. I often wonder why NY never got as popular as the original and Miami, but never complain since I was never a big fan of Miami myself. At least with the Vegas half, there's a whole separate case besides Mac's case. That ought to make it a bit easier for the Vegas-only folks. Unless it ends up another of those eps where the cases end up connected. There's no evidence of that, but you can never tell what the writers'll do. And if the other one stays separate, it's the first time that's happened if I'm not mistaken. The others were one case eps. And I think the NY half still is.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I wonder how many people won't watch it because they hate Gary Sinise. :lol:

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I love Gary Sinise. I tried to watch NY when it first came on, but it didn't grab me for some reason. That said, will the LV part of the crossover make sense to non-NY viewers who don't really know much about Mac, etc?

Still bitter over the way TPTB handle the cast and that after 13 years on the show some of them are still kept in the background for the most part.

10. MacsGirlMel

That's true. And others won't watch this half becausr of Danson lol. I love the plot but wish they'd let more than the stars cross over.

11. JorjaFoxFan

I do like Gary Sinise a lot. NY never grabbed me and I could care less about the characters. It was just missing something, it's my best friend's favourite show to have ever hit the earth, but I can't even sit through an episode. Don't know why.

That's a major part of it for me is the crossover's storyline focuses on Mac, and to be honest that's the only character name I know. I have no idea what goes on on NY or who his girlfriend is or who any of the characters are as people. It'll be a difficult one for me.

12. MacsGirlMel

I do agree that's what makes crossovers hard,even between parts of a franchise...some of us watch both but not everyone does. I sometimes wonder if they hope to entice new fans from one to the other...it's possible but tricky at this stage,9 and 13 seasons in. And another reason why sending more than one character would make it better.

I also hate that whether it's the same franchise or different shows,the DVDs rarely include both parts.

As for spinoffs, I think spinoff fatigue is real...one sometimes works but two gets people tired. anyway,I'll drop it because this isn't really the place. (the general board maybe).

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

From CSI Files:

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Okay, someone has to say it: Mr and Mrs Cassidy on CSI. :D Yet no longer Mr and Mrs, and in different episodes. Still...six degrees of separation. Or in this case, one episode. Kind of a reunion. Or at the very least, a little weird. lol

15. JorjaFoxFan

That's crazy! in sequential episodes nonetheless.

The second half of the season does seem to be coming together nicely, I'm actually pretty excited for it