Grade 'Unspoken'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 19, 2012.

?

How would you grade Unspoken?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. A

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New episode tonight with the music of Green Day! Give it a watch and share your thoughts below.

2. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

worse csi ever! there is no dialogue I guess the writters took the day off not sure what the point of the lack of dialoge was. I am all for music in shows but the use here is way over done to be honest i was really looking forward to this episode I am a huge danny/linsey fan but I found it hard to even finish the episode i was bored about 10 minutes in.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I heard that they do the dialogue maybe 30 minutes in?

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

-You lost your kid really fast, Linds. Though kids do that. I think they like making their parents panic.
    -SHUT. UP. WEATHER. ALERT.
    -It literally cut out as soon as Lindsey got bashed in the head.
    -Poor Lucy. At least there's no way she can remember the other trauma she's already experienced.
    -Oh, kid. Smart enough to unload the gun before he plays with it, but not smart enough to remember that there could be one in the chamber.
    -The lack of dialogue is actually a tiny bit unnerving. I don't mind it, but I keep expecting someone to speak and it's throwing me off.
    -Side note, I haven't seen many NY episodes with Lucy recently, and the kid is really adorable.
    -And Lucy saves her mother! Technically.
    -Oh, no. That little boy is going to hate himself forever.
    -This is definitely not an episode that you can not pay attention to. That's not a bad thing. Just an observation.
    -32 minutes into the episode, someone finally talks, and the first word is "Speak." I see what you did there, show.
    -Mac's "really." look is hilarious.
    -She's not hallucinating or imagining things, Danny. She's just lucky that she's not dead.
    -Hey, Danny has family! Sometimes I think the show forgets.
    -Yay, Danny is smart! Thank you for not assuming that Lindsey was making things up.
    -Kind of a... quick catch here, isn't it? Maybe I'm just imagining it because of the lack of dialogue. Maybe it made the first half feel shorter?
    -They don't really seem to be muting the 'f**king' from the "Kill The DJ" song when it's in the background.
    -Mac stop hiding your problems. It doesn't work, and when people find out, they want to hit you in the face.
    -Oh, kid. It's not your fault. (Well it kinda is but not really.)
    -"I suppose I deserve that." Yes, yes you do.
    -Dude don't play the 'I only wanted to hurt the object of my rage' game. You totally were going to kill Lindsey until you saw that she had a kid and you felt bad.

5. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

What the *bleep* was that?!

6. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I don't know I thought the first 30 minutes was yes awkward but I thougt it was a pretty good all in all. It is very easy to loose a child that quick, had it happen you blink they ars gone.

The scene with Flack and the little girl was heart wrenching, Eddie Cahill did an outstanding job in this scene, he showed such raw emotion.

Love the Messers, and little Lucy is loveable. Loved the fact that Danny called Lindsay "Montana".

I loved the scene with Mac at the clear board as he writes he realises that the color he is using is red, loved the satisfaction on his face. I think if he continues to fight he'll be okay.

Glad to see a lot of Adam this ep. I will defiantly rewatch this episode again.

7. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

I know that everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but it is interesting to see how fast the ones ,who almost never agree with the way the writers try to be more creative, are in posting here.

For my part: I give it an A+! Simply because I know who hard it must have been for all actors to do the scenes without one powerful tool: Their voice!

I saw so many emotions!

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Hopefully it will be something they will never do again...

Someone needs to tweet to Pam, to never do this again. I haven't seen the episode yet and I'm just nervous.

9. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I totally agree that is what impressed me the most. Especially Flack, Eddie Cahill was brillant.

10. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Please don't make the mistake and don't form your own opinion about it. You haven't seen it yet...

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It wasn't by any means a perfect episode, but I really liked it. I gave it a solid B. Regardless of that, I give TPTB a lot of credit for doing this kind of an episode. It's bound to be very polarizing when something new is tried and they didn't play it safe.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Just lowering expectations.

13. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

So I watched the episode really nervous and skeptical, not because of the idea of 30 min of no dialogue because the idea is genius given the caliber of the majority of the cast. The song they featured during the shooting and the initial chase which was the promo and that the band featured was Green Day was what made me rather dubious.

I loved it. Yes, that song during the shooting and chase was....not the best, but it was the only (and relatively brief) misstep. The music scored by Bill Brown and the remainder of the songs worked very well. And oh my word did it showcase the brilliance of the main three leads - Gary, Eddie and Sela. And I must add, the little actress who played Lucy impressed me quite a bit as well.

Eddie. I honestly don't have enough adjectives to describe and express how he did and all the Flack feels I had throughout the episode. His face when the little girl gripped his wrist as he tried to save her..... and the way he was simply leaning against the building staring at where she had been when Mac showed up, his barely restrained anger and contempt when they were questioning the politician.... :( :( My poor baby :(

I always knew Gary would do well with no dialogue as wordless expression and communication is one of his strongest suits that can clearly be seen in roles outside CSI: NY that have greater depth (or the odd episode that has given him actual emotional material to work with such as 'Blink'). Mac struggling all by himself with the word exercise at the beginning about broke my poor lil heart and I could about feel his angry frustration pouring off the screen as well as fierce satisfaction when he suddenly remembered 'red' and wrote it on the board. I have to additionally say, I absolutely positively LOVE it that the writers are finally outright describing Mac through himself. I could have ahead of time explained explained exactly why Mac hasn't told anyone about his problem yet and what he's hoping will happen, but as accurate as it now turned out to be, it still would have been extrapolation based on nuances about his character throughout the series. Now they're leaving no question about him and how he thinks and his personality, and I really really like the decreased ambiguity and subjectivity about his character. The scene with him and Kevin (obviously some sort of doctor), was so bang on and brilliant.

Flack with the kid was utterly adorable and heartbreaking all at the same time. Poor kid. And I about melted at how Jo was so motherly with Lucy. I could just see how she would have been with Ellie when Ellie was really little.

Other randomness:
    - I quite approve of Adam and Hawkes' longer hair this season.
    - Mac in a lab coat again was awesome!
    - Mac in general is way hot this season! I mean, I'm partial anyway and it's not like he hasn't been, but especially so this year in comparison to the last couple years :devil:
    - I want Jo's wardrobe.
    - I want Christine back in an episode. Although I have a distinct feeling that they're specifically leading up to it.

Overall, a solid B+. I expected far far less based on the promo, and was really pleasantly surprised and will definitely be watching it again :)

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I liked a lot of Adam in this one and Mac was cool.

But I have to admit, I'd rather have dialogue in a whole episode and not just part of it. I thought it was okay but it was nice to have the second part where it's understood why the shooter did it.

It would have been nice if they showed the woman who caused all this to know because of what she did, she got a kid killed.

EDIT: I did like Mac in this one and he really did look hot.

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I give this episode a D-. The only reason I don't give it an F is because the story is good even if there is no talking in the first half of the episode. I just hope NO other CBS show decides to do this no talking for half the episode stunt.
    All that being said, however, I wish there had been dialogue in the first half. There were moments that just begged for some well written dialogue. Here are those moments:
    -Loading Lindsay in the ambulance. I would've loved to have heard Lucy ask Jo "Is mommy going to be okay?" and Jo reassure her that her mommy would be fine.
    -Mac and Danny at the hospital. I would've LOVED LOVED LOVED to have heard Mac reassure Danny that Lindsay would be alright.
    -Jo and Lucy arriving at the hospital. I would've love to heard Lucy say "Daddy!" when she went running to Danny after Jo put her down.
    -Mac arriving in the alley where the little girl was shot. I so wanted to hear Flack bitch to Mac about kids and guns and also hear Flack call the suspect "stupid" "dumb" and "an idiot" for dumping the gun there where those kids could get a hold of it.
    If I could grade just the second half of the episode...I'd give it an A+. But because of the first half my final grade is D-..like I stated at the beginning of this post.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012