"Code Blue Plate Special" Discussion **SPOILERS**

DJRideout

Following the trace
Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
Episode Title: 'Code Blue Plate Special'
Episode Number: 1302
Synopsis: "The CSIs arrive at their favorite diner only to discover a gruesome crime scene with eight dead victims and a lot of questions."

Original Airdate: October 10, 2012

Written By: Andrew Dettman
Directed By: Louis Milito

Guest Stars:

Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
Arye Gross as Vincent DeMarcus
Matt Hoffman as Owen DeMarcus
William Belli as Dahlia
Del Hunter-White as Connie (Bus Driver)
Adrian Quinonez as Alex Brenner
Yves Bright as Rob Rios
Jean Louisa Kelly as Sheila DeMarcus
Adam J. Harrington as Ronald Basderic
Monnae Michaell as Deputy Marshal Karen Taylor
Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
Joseph Patrick Kelly as Officer Metcalfe
Elizabeth Bogush as Eddie
Dominick Morra as Older Man
Ann Benson as Older Woman

I've accepted the fact that this is how the writers are going to write specific characters now, and I like seeing some of the CSIs in this role. Sara and Nick kick ass! :)

I've accepted the fact that this is how the writers are going to write specific characters now, and I like seeing some of the CSIs in this role. Sara and Nick kick ass! :)

I totally agree. Once you just accept it, it's actually pretty cool...;)

Closest to old style CSI in a long time.Writers please don't fall into trap of making one character super investigator.

I'm curious about the stuff with D.B. in the end.

Ecklie is pushing himself...they didn't do a long time skip like CSI NY, but I wonder how long it's been since he was shot. He was obviously just leaving the hospital.

Loved Brass and his 'once a Marine,always a Marine', but could someone tell me what that was in reply to? I couldn't make out the line before it. I so want him to get together with Mac for a talk LOL.

All in all, a pretty good ep.

Solid episode all around especially the ending. Sara rightfully let Ronnie have it and let him know that while he didn't pull the trigger,his actions led to Eddie being at the shooting when she shouldn't have been.

Loved Brass and his 'once a Marine,always a Marine', but could someone tell me what that was in reply to? I couldn't make out the line before it. I so want him to get together with Mac for a talk LOL.

All in all, a pretty good ep.

i think his quote indicated the previous life of the transexual.

Really enjoyed this episode.

Just a quick technical question, the transitions from scene to scene in this episode seemed different to me. It almost reminded me of Sherlock on the BBC.

I honestly didn't think it would be Vincent revealed as the killer

I really enjoyed the interactions between the cast this episode. It seemed pretty even screen time wise.

George and Jorja were great as usual.

Next week looks really intense.

Really enjoyed this episode.

Just a quick technical question, the transitions from scene to scene in this episode seemed different to me. It almost reminded me of Sherlock on the BBC.
Might have something to do with the CSI filming with digital camera's for the first time this season. One of those, they can now do what they couldn't with film type of thing.

----------​

Better than average episode.

The only thing I really didn't like is that DB sounded like he put Finn in charge while he was in Seattle. You don't put the loose cannon in charge and she really acted like a loose cannon in Karma to Burn.

I loved starting out with Nick, Greg, & Sara out getting something to eat together. Season 10 was supposed to be all about family and then they totally lost that vibe in every season after. It's nice to see these 3 in a scene together doing something not case related - even if it didn't last.

I really didn't think it would be Vincent. Thought the CSI's would know him too good for him to get away with it. (and Nick at least did know him too good for him to get away with it because he didn't get away with it!)

Susan

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this episode. I loved how it wasn't Russell, Finn and Morgan heavy. I didn't think Vincent did it.

Back