Grade 'Reignited'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 27, 2012.

?

How would you grade Regnited?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

No problem :)

The sticky part will happen when he runs into a situation where he can't cover up the fact that he can't think of and articulate certain words and Christine and/or his coworker (I'm sure it'll be Jo or Flack) realize what he's been dealing with and not letting on to anybody. And actually, this sort of aphasia actually works really well as a long-lasting consequence of what happened. Memory loss? No, that wouldn't have been at all accurate. But this isn't memory loss, but rather a communication/speech deficit due to damage to a certain part of his brain that is quite realistic. Like I said in my review, I'm quite impressed with them using this type of aphasia, and I wish they'd never thrown that phrase "memory loss" out there in the spoilers :/

2. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

I gave it a solid B+. I thought the case itself was solid, but not "OMG" exceptional. What I loved most were the scenes involving Mac's recovery, and the scenes with Mac & Christine. I feel terrible for Mac with his memory issues, I hope he doesn't keep it from Christine for very long. I understand why he wouldn't want people to know, but he should tell her. They've written Mac & Christine's romance so beautifully, the two actors are very good together. And Mac's gesture with the roses at the end? Dude's making all the rest of us guys look like chumps! :) It's clear that this feels like an "in it for the long haul" relationship for both of them, I can't wait to watch it this season. Mac so deserves to be happy.

3. Rena

Rena Rookie

I was suprised how good and smooth this season opener was, though I have two little points of criticism to make.

First of all, as far as I know every chemistry teacher tells his students never to take a direct smell at any unknown, colourless liquid since it could be acid. Instead, you're supposed to make that waving gesture with your hand to get the odor of the liquid to your nose. I know it's not an accurate description of what I'm trying to say but I was just suprised that a lab tech who works with chemicals every day would pick up a bottle containing an unknown liquid and put her nose directly over the bottle neck. :eek:

The other thing that annoyed me were the two firemen at the beginning, who were in a burning building without an oxygen mask. What was that?! I've never seen a fireman get into a burning building without an oxygen mask. Or take it off his face just to communicate with his fellow.

Apart from that I loved the episode! It was brilliant, funny, suspenseful and emotional. I liked the beginning with Mac taking a hot shower (*hehehehe*) as well as the ending with him and Christine. It was so sweet of him not only to get her roses to say thanks but to actually say it with all his heart.
    I also loved Lindsay yelling at that guy to come down to her and say his "Messer, you suck!" again :lol: Or when Hawks made this lousy joke and everyone was laughing at that. I'm also curious about how the story of Leonard goes on. And, of course, how the storyline about Mac's speech deficits will affect his work and interaction with his friends.
    I'd give it an A- :)

4. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Hahaha, my thoughts exactly! You're not the only one who noticed. :)

5. -tina-

-tina- Dead on Arrival

I really love this episode!!
    All the characters were great and Rob Morrow did a good job as Leonard Brooks!!
    But the best in this episode was Mac's recovery and the end!!
    The end with Mac giving Christine the roses was soooo cute!! I really loved it ;)

6. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Regarding the end: I couldn't help but smile when Mac tried to get around not finding the right word for the restaurant(if I remember correctly). My thought was: Sneaky^^

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I do agree about the chemical and didn't think of that until you mentioned it.

About the speech deficit, I think the writers just didn't want to give away the plot so they called it memory issues. What else are they going to call it? I would have thought that either Christine or someone on the team would suspect something at least.

I loved Lindsay yelling at the guy and she and Sid not giving a care about the game.

I think this is the first time we haven't had Sid do an autopsy or well, maybe since the last episode.

8. -tina-

-tina- Dead on Arrival

yeah you remember right he didn't find the right word in the end this was cute and funny :) that made me smile too :)

9. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Thought it was a good episode. Loved the banter throughout the episode. It was great to see Flack getting back to his old self. Loved the conversation between Lindsay/Sid in the stands thought that was funny. All in all will watch it again.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I re-watched this episode.

I forgot to mention this but Mac sure has a big kitchen for someone who lives alone but then in 'Point Of View' he had a big living room.

I do wonder if the fire was already out by the time the firefighters got there and that's why you didn't see them wearing masks.

Something else too, I got the sense that those guys were off the day of the hockey game? I can't see firefighters/police who are off-duty going to a scene of a fire.

I thought it was so cute that Christine was there for him during his recovery.

Either I'm confused or there is a weird slip up with the months/weeks he was recovering. 12 weeks, I don't think is 6 months but 3 months. So what did Mac do those three months?

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hadn't seen your post when I made mine, Jade...sorry about that. I do feel a bit dumb, though, I was trying to study aphasia and aphraxia for a regular CSI fic about Grissom having a stroke, and still didn't recognize it. Possibly because if I ever get it written, Grissom's is a bit more severe and it's been a while since I read the material.

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

That bugged me a bit, because while I can understand that off duty officers might be called in, they surely wouldn't have had time to get back to their base, gear up and then get to the scene before the on duty shift got there.

IIRC, weren't there 2 dozen roses in the box, which would be 24 weeks - not exactly the 26 weeks of 6 months, but close enough!

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yes, there were 2 dozen roses in the box. Mac told Christine that.

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I checked out that scene again and I must have missed the 'two' and it was two dozen. :)

15. Rena

Rena Rookie

Uh Uh, it was still burning. You could see the veteran going into that room to check out if someone was still there and the room was still on fire. And even if the fire had been out I think they usually wear a mask because of the toxic smoke. Though there may be no flames, things still burn and glow and radiate a lof of heat. But I'm not an expert :)

Mac actually had 24 roses, though I recall him saying 2 for each week. In the end, however, 24 roses could be the 24 weeks in total, i.e. 6 months.

The police and firemen responding to a call could have been because some of them were on-call duty. Flack, Mac and Danny got there without being on duty but more like helping out.

I was wondering about the kitchen, too. :lol: First I thought it was Christine's kitchen or that they forgot to rebuild his original apartment but then it simply could have been a really big kitchen in his really big apartment.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't see the other posts. Sorry for that!