"Karma to Burn" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 18, 2012.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Not really crazy about this one, I'm ready for a more normal episode and cases

It's cool to see Jon in the credits :)

Wish they had updated the credits, they're still ones from season 9!!! They're now 4 years old :eek:

I liked that scene with Nick, Sara, and Greg towards the end.

Also I liked that they didn't kill McKeen

The day dreaming scenes got on my nerves, especially the one where DB kills and Nick burried him

2. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I loved it! A really angsty, dramatic opener. The scene between Morgan and Ecklie made me cry not gonna lie. That kiss with Hodges seemed out of place, but I'm glad Hodges was there to comfort Morgan beforehand. The scenes between Sara and Nick were crazy good! I liked the last scene with Greg, Sara, and Nick. While I'm glad Griss was at least mentioned, it was a crappy way to do it. I'm having a major brain fart but who shot what's his face in his own car?? Can't wait for next week :) I love Franks.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

One of McKeen's guy's shot him through the front window. I had to rewind it a few times to see that. :lol: I thought Nick did it! Anyway, McKeen's guys found him because DB and Nick led them to him.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What was the Grissom mention? I'm anxious to know but decided not to watch the whole ep tonight...I usually can't stand opener/ finale suspense the way CSI does it (NY on occasion too but probably not this time) and quite often catch up on those later.

5. Smokey

Sara was telling Nick if he said he quit he better mean it
    he was saying she quit and came back and she said she didn't say it out loud. :lol: Said she left Grissom a note.

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Liked this episode for the season start. Dramatic moments blended with great moments with the main characters at the end.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh duh, I did see that. I forgot way too fast LOL.

I wanted Nick to go ahead and say yes...even though I am spoiled.

8. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I loved that episode ! Better than the first part :

What I like the most :

- Ted Danson : Wow he rocked in this episode !
    - Nick, Sara and Brass had a big role in this one
    - Finn and Crenshaw fighting together
    - I like the end of McKeen's character
    - Morgan's part with her dad and the kiss with Hodges
    - DB's family did not annoy me, it was good to see them together in this moment, even if Charlie was useless lol
    - A Grissom mention ^^

9. Smokey

I wasn't too fond of the end of McKeen's character because they're sending him to Indiana! :lol:

I actually liked the episode, especially at first. It was a lot of stuff going on. I like how Sara kind of took charge of things.

The scene at the end was really good. It was realistic for Nick and Sara to kind of spar like that. I'm glad they mentioned her quitting too. I liked it when she said she didn't do it out loud. :lol: But Nick didn't do it officially in writing or to his supervisor either. Anyway it was good to see Nick, Sara, and Greg together like that.

I guess the scene with DB's wife at his desk was another of his daydreams/whatever? Those were a little confusing to me...could have been transitioned better.

Finn wasn't horrible last night, but she wasn't great either. Still not a big fan.

Hope it's back to business next week! :)

10. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I thought this was a very good episode. I did get a bit choked up at Ecklie and Morgan. It's nice to see a human Ecklie. Odd but nice.

The end scene with Nick, Greg and Sara will go down as one of my favs of CSI. I loved Sara's justification that she didn't "say it out loud". And I'm glad that Nick called her on it. It was right for him to show a bit of resentment that she left because she didn't just leave Grissom, she left them too.

Like this different side of DB too. His dream sequences though I hope they aren't a recurring thing because that might prove to be annoying. But I must confess I liked it when he shot McKeen.

Still not really caring about Finn....

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  11. byline

byline CSI Level One

It was when Sara and Nick were arguing about quitting. Sara said she didn't say she was quitting, but wrote a note to Grissom and then left.

The episode wasn't as bad as I feared; in fact, I actually liked most of it, though I really don't care for these personal-angst episodes. I much prefer the normal "let's analyze the evidence" case procedurals. However, they did a nice job with what they had. I actually liked Finn in this episode; last season, she felt shrill and forced. Last night, her actions and demeanor seemed to come out more naturally ... and maybe that makes sense, since Elisabeth Shue has had some time to get into the character. Given the "action hero" comment I'd read beforehand, I was afraid we'd get another dose of "Super-Cath" ... but they toned it down to a more reasonable level.

Surprisingly, Ted Danson came across more as shrill and forced, at least to me. His anger didn't feel natural to me, but maybe that's because I'm too accustomed to his "nice guy" image. However, I did like the "in his mind" wanderings, but was a little confused when things did happen ... like when the guy got shot in the car. They cut to a commercial, and I was wondering, "Did that actually happen, or did DB just dream it?"

12. Smokey

I thought Nick did it! :lol: I had to rewind three times to see that the bullet came through the front windshield.

When Brass was in the cell with McKeen talking about his friends on the outside doing bad things and told him he had friends too...my first thought was Ray! :lol:

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

LOL, I didn't think of Ray in that way, but rather that Brass has seemed so very different to me since the end of Season 11. Ever since he lied for Ray about the restraints on Haskell, I just haven't felt as comfortable with him as I did before then.

14. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

that was compared to every other season opener(imo), the worst directing, even in the camera/visual effects(slit screen miami tribute) section it looked like they dropped quality.kudos to tptb.
    can't stand d.b., finn and after this episode morgan(kissing hodges).well, they had enough material to proove how competent the charakters are.season finales and openers were brandmarks, to nail the perfomance.and since this opener is even worser then last one, i have to admit that the franchise doesn't have an ace left under the sleeves.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I was entertained for an hour, tho at times confused; some by DB's imaginary scenes, and a lot by Finn's role in the whole episode. Maybe I missed something, but why was she even abducted? And why did they take her to where Katie was? And why in the world didn't she go with Katie thru the air vent? I don't know what she hoped to accomplish by staying back; she was out-manned and unarmed. I appreciate that Shue played it pretty well, but I thought her role was entirely unnecessary.

I loved all the Sara scenes and how she seemed to take control with DB losing it and Finn and Nick and Morgan all out. I loved her concern for Greg and Nick in the beginning. And I loved all the Sara/Greg/Nick interactions. I especially enjoyed that last scene: typical sibling squabbling. And Greg being the referee. :) LOL at Sara's 'I didn't say it out loud'. I was a little disappointed in the Grissom mention, but at least we got one.
    I have always wanted more interaction between these three, and I was happy to have it. In the end it took on a Three Muskateers' vibe from Greg: One for all, all for one. :lol: Hope to have more of these 'family' scenes in future eps.

I thought the Morgan/Hodges kiss was odd, but I liked the Morgan/Ecklie scene.

And I loved Brass in this. "I have people, too"! And a great smackdown of DB. I thought it was a nice twist that McKeen was more interested in the witness than the money, and DB played right into his hands.

I did like how they dealt with McKeen in the end. I just hope he doesn't do a 'Nate Haskell' and keep reappearing.

Entertaining, but a lot of holes in the kidnapping plot, and too much DB and Finn; but the scenes with our 'Three Muskateers' saved it for me. :)
    So I'll give it a B-.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012