Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, May 30, 2012.

1. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv...ere-throwing-caution-to-the-wind-this-season/

2. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

Yeah not really sure. We know her Mom was alive in 5-17 because Lindsay mentioned being excited about going back to Montana to see her in that episode. Unless her Mother died recently?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  3. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Wow, this season seems to become very intense. I like the notion that they are trowing caution into the wind. Like the writers totally let loose :)

I'm curious about Mac's problems too when I remember the season seven final. I think we will say 'Wow' at the end of next season.

4. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

I honestly think, from reading all of the spoilers we're getting, that this could be their best season. It sounds so unpredictable and just something new every week

5. Rena

Rena Rookie

I'm really excited about the upcoming new season, too, yet I'm tired of the love interests they put into every season. Now it's going to be Flack just because they messed up with Jessica :wtf:
    I'm curious about the episodes showing them all on their days off and all the issues they deal with outside their workplaces. :)

Edit: So far I read the last posts I missed during the last couple of weeks. I just hope that they won't screw up with Mac's history again, like they did with the "twins" Stan and Stan. Though I bet they'll do and we'll go all nuts about it, asking YTF they cannot keep track of their own storylines. I also hope that Mac being "very happy" at the end of the season does not result into a marriage with Christine, or worse, her being pregnant. We already had that kind of soap opera in CSI:Miami. I'd be glad to see him happy in a solid relationship with her.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  6. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Oh you know they'll mess something up... :rolleyes: But I don't think you have to worry about Christine ending up pregnant. At the end of this upcoming season Mac will be 51 and even if Christine is a full ten years younger than he is that would still make her 41. I really don't see the two of them having any biological children. Of course, this is bringing in real life assumptions and we know how that works in this show.... :lol: Still, I don't see it happening. Realistically the farthest I see them taking Mac and Christine's relationship is an engagement at the end of the season(series).

7. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

I think there is a possibility that they get engaged. Simply because if there will be a season 10 (I keep hoping) they will have a continuation of the story line.

8. Rena

Rena Rookie

I don't want them to become parents, I don't want them to get married, I don't even want them to get engaged. But I'm afraid no one cares what I want :lol: It's gonna be interesting to see their relationship grow, but personally, I think it would be better to keep it like that. When I read things like "[Flack] cannot resist what he knows is inevitable" it's enough to make me :wtf::evil::devil:

9. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm really glad to see Mac having some happiness in his personal life. But at the same time, I'm leaning towards Mac's love life being open-ended as it leaves many roads up to interpretation. Even better, it seems that Mac is with someone far outside the lab which I think is a much better choice than inter-lab pairings I.E. D/L. No offense to Dantana fans. :) For now though, I hope they do develop Mac and Christine's relationship carefully without causing too much distraction.

CSI:NY managed to pull off a Harry Houdini and survives for another fall season. Let's ensure it has another solid run through the 2012-13 season. :)

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yes, Lindsay did say she was going to Montana to visit her mother when she was pregnant so I hope they're not rewriting more history.

They're rewriting the history on Lucy's name, though. :rolleyes: After she was born someone asked what her name was. Lindsay said "Lydia" and Danny said "Lucy" at the same time. It wasn't until later we found out she ended up being named Lucy.

No surprise here, but I really could give a rat's ass about Lindsay going to Montana because of Daniel Katums. If they wanted her back in Montana have it be for her mother's funeral or something. Must everything about Lindsay revolve around Danny, Montana and Daniel Katums? Give her a little depth instead of trotting out the plot device you used in S3.

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I probably need to see the episode again but I don't remember them saying he was going to get the death penalty. Unless they just pulled it out of their ass.

And on that point, they said her mother, I don't recall them saying her parents.

12. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

They didn't say either way. But him being sentenced to death isn't that much of a stretch since the death penalty can be imposed in Montana.

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Oh, they didn't either way, wow.

I didn't think if they had the death penalty or not, I just assumed the guy would have gotten life.

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Ugh, why do they keep changing stuff? I'd be fine with the name thing if Lindsay had said "Lucy", but it was indeed Danny, Lindsay wanted Lydia. Unless perhaps those were both her friends' names, and Danny went along with it, but they liked different names. Otherwise, no, it makes no sense.

Also they made a mistake with Stella...she told a kid in a season one ep that she lived at St.Basil's until she was 18 and then season 3 or 4 had that big crossover plot with her and the foster sister she lived with.

I also assumed Claire had an illness or injury before her death...it was the best way to cover the plot hole. The novels have a few but one, they aren't officially canon if it's like most shows, and two, new info can get revealed to change things. (the novel saying Mac never got through to Claire vs him talking to her on the cell in Indelible, and didn't they only reveal later about no body being found? That excuses the grave scene in the first novel, that or a empty grave.) So I don't give them too much thought.

But the franchise isn't great with it...look at original CSI. They forgot Sara's brother, they posted bios on the website and then changed them (Catherine was from Bozeman and then they changed it...I assumed they saved it and gave it to Lindsay lol)

If this does turn out to be the last season, I'd love a Mac wedding, it would be a kind of full circle thing. To me, it depends on how soon we learn the show's fate...they had to do it ambigious the last few years due to renewal not coming until after filming was finished. If the show were to go on, I'd be happy with an engagement.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  15. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI: NY Episode 9.08 "Late Admissions"

STORY LINE: The CSI team investigates the murder of Luke, and finds his death linked to the sale of performance enhancement drugs; Lindsay returns home to Montana, to witness the execution of Daniel Katums.