Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Spoilers for 9.04 are out! Be back in a bit with more info. :)

9.04 (No title yet):
~ A political candidate, Gordon, is preparing to give a speech in Midtown, and there's a crowd. Lindsay is there with Lucy, and she panics when she loses sight of her daughter. It only takes a few terrifying moments before she finds the little girl, and she ducks down to hug Lucy with relief. She looks up in time to see a much bigger danger: a man pulls a gun out of the waistband of his pants, pointing it toward the stage and firing several shots. Gordon is shot in the shoulder, and Lindsay makes eye contact with the shooter before he runs off in the chaos. (Lindsay gets injured at some point, although I can't be more specific about how or what type of injury it is. Danny gets into the ambulance with her after passing Lucy to Jo, so he might have been there the whole time.)

~ Flack chases after the shooter, who ducks into an alley and ditches the gun in a dumpster. A pair of 9-10 year old kids, Lonnie and Aimee, are playing with a soccer ball nearby, and Lonnie moves to retrieve the gun after the shooter jumps over a fence. Meanwhile, Flack approaches the alley with his gun drawn, and he turns the corner just in time to hear a gunshot. Lonnie has accidentally shot Aimee in the stomach, and Flack rushes forward. He puts pressure on the wound, trying to keep her safe until help arrives, but the paramedics are unable to save her.

~ Meanwhile, Mac is getting impatient with the lack of progress regarding his memory issues. However, he hasn't told Christine or his colleagues that he's having trouble.​

Last edited:
i LOVE new spoilers... and i was trying sooo hard to be spoiler free... but i cant cuz waiting for the new season would be killer

love seeing my Flack in action :)

YAY and hopefully more Mac/Chrisitine awesomeness he's soo darn cute when he's happy maybe the DL stuff wont bother me :D

9.04 (No title yet):
~ A political candidate, Gordon, is preparing to give a speech in Midtown, and there's a crowd. Lindsay is there with Lucy, and she panics when she loses sight of her daughter. It only takes a few terrifying moments before she finds the little girl, and she ducks down to hug Lucy with relief. She looks up in time to see a much bigger danger: a man pulls a gun out of the waistband of his pants, pointing it toward the stage and firing several shots. Gordon is shot in the shoulder, and Lindsay makes eye contact with the shooter before he runs off in the chaos. (Lindsay gets injured at some point, although I can't be more specific about how or what type of injury it is. Danny gets into the ambulance with her after passing Lucy to Jo, so he might have been there the whole time.)

~ Flack chases after the shooter, who ducks into an alley and ditches the gun in a dumpster. A pair of 9-10 year old kids, Lonnie and Aimee, are playing with a soccer ball nearby, and Lonnie moves to retrieve the gun after the shooter jumps over a fence. Meanwhile, Flack approaches the alley with his gun drawn, and he turns the corner just in time to hear a gunshot. Lonnie has accidentally shot Aimee in the stomach, and Flack rushes forward. He puts pressure on the wound, trying to keep her safe until help arrives, but the paramedics are unable to save her.

~ Meanwhile, Mac is getting impatient with the lack of progress regarding his memory issues. However, he hasn't told Christine or his colleagues that he's having trouble.​

Almost sounds like the shooting of Giffords.

Oooh.. that sounds interesting. Especially the Mac part, sounds like he and Christine will be having some challenges..

9.04 (No title yet):
~ A political candidate, Gordon, is preparing to give a speech in Midtown, and there's a crowd. Lindsay is there with Lucy, and she panics when she loses sight of her daughter. It only takes a few terrifying moments before she finds the little girl, and she ducks down to hug Lucy with relief. She looks up in time to see a much bigger danger: a man pulls a gun out of the waistband of his pants, pointing it toward the stage and firing several shots. Gordon is shot in the shoulder, and Lindsay makes eye contact with the shooter before he runs off in the chaos. (Lindsay gets injured at some point, although I can't be more specific about how or what type of injury it is. Danny gets into the ambulance with her after passing Lucy to Jo, so he might have been there the whole time.)​

Gabby Giffords rip off featuring Lindsay? No thanks.

:( This should be a powerful scene, and maybe a bit of a flashback to Angell being shot even though in this case it's a child?

~ Meanwhile, Mac is getting impatient with the lack of progress regarding his memory issues. However, he hasn't told Christine or his colleagues that he's having trouble.

I like the idea of him having challenges, but the whole, "I'm going to go through this by myself and not tell anyone" schtick has been played and replayed and overplayed. I get Mac is stubborn, but can we find a different, more interesting angle to this story?

I do agree with that part...plus that someone said at the beginning of this thread that they weren't entirely writing it correctly as to what an injury like his would have caused re brain damage.

I'm excited about the whole thing...wonder why they can't say more about the injury. Though even a non-serious one often results in a hospital visit for treatment. My thought even before that was like a graze wound of some kind. I don't think it'll be like the real life case, though, as someone just mentioned.

~ Meanwhile, Mac is getting impatient with the lack of progress regarding his memory issues. However, he hasn't told Christine or his colleagues that he's having trouble.
I like the idea of him having challenges, but the whole, "I'm going to go through this by myself and not tell anyone" schtick has been played and replayed and overplayed. I get Mac is stubborn, but can we find a different, more interesting angle to this story?
This is why I give his motivation to do this sort of thing a bit more depth than just "stubbornness", because that angle really has been played to death. I chalk him trying to handle things on his own (especially issues which affect him personally such as how he was impacted by being almost killed in 'Exit Strategy' and him dealing with his emotional struggles in season 1) up to his perspective that such things are his problems to deal with and he doesn't want to burden anyone else with them. I don't think it's necessarily that he doesn't want help (he did talk to Jo about things at the end of 'Exit Strategy'), but rather that he feels guilty about "dumping" his problems on anyone else. As far as him not sharing his memory loss issue with Christine, I can totally see his reasoning being that she was already so involved and done so much and been through enough that he didn't want to "add" to what he in his view had already put her through. Just my perspective. I think it makes him and the storyline a bit more interesting and dimensional than him just being stubborn.

I'm excited about the whole thing...wonder why they can't say more about the injury. Though even a non-serious one often results in a hospital visit for treatment. My thought even before that was like a graze wound of some kind. I don't think it'll be like the real life case, though, as someone just mentioned.
Oh, no, I don't think it's a serious injury at all (or at least, nothing life-threatening). I just can't say more because I can't tell exactly what happens - I'd be more specific if I could, guys, sorry!

This is why I give his motivation to do this sort of thing a bit more depth than just "stubbornness", because that angle really has been played to death. I chalk him trying to handle things on his own (especially issues which affect him personally such as how he was impacted by being almost killed in 'Exit Strategy' and him dealing with his emotional struggles in season 1) up to his perspective that such things are his problems to deal with and he doesn't want to burden anyone else with them. I don't think it's necessarily that he doesn't want help (he did talk to Jo about things at the end of 'Exit Strategy'), but rather that he feels guilty about "dumping" his problems on anyone else. As far as him not sharing his memory loss issue with Christine, I can totally see his reasoning being that she was already so involved and done so much and been through enough that he didn't want to "add" to what he in his view had already put her through. Just my perspective. I think it makes him and the storyline a bit more interesting and dimensional than him just being stubborn.

I have to admit, not only that he is stubborn but I think it's also that he just doesn't want to show he's weak by admitting some issues. I think we did see him in some pain when he was shot in the episode where Olmos was guest starring but I would think anyone would be in pain if they are shot, I don't care if you were a former Marine or not.

I do agree that he probably didn't want to put Christine through more than she already has and I think that part would be interesting. Yeah, I know they got closer since he was shot but how about him being quieter or hiding things from him.

Press release for the premiere. :)

THE CSIS INVESTIGATE WHEN A FIRE CHIEF IS KILLED IN A BLAZE THAT USED THE SAME TECHNIQUE AS A RECENTLY PAROLED ARSONIST, ON THE NINTH SEASON PREMIERE OF “CSI: NY,” FRIDAY, SEPT. 28

Rob Morrow (“Numb3rs”) Guest Stars as Leonard Brooks, the Arsonist

CHEAT TWEET: The team is in the line of fire during an arson investigation @robmorrow_ guests on the season premiere of #CSINY! 9/28 http://bit.ly/NINIHu

"Reignited" — The CSIs investigate when a fire chief – a friend of Mac’s – is killed in a blaze that used the same technique as a recently paroled arsonist, on the ninth season premiere of CSI: NY, Friday, Sept. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Rob Morrow (“Numb3rs”) guest stars as Leonard Brooks, the arsonist.

SERIES REGULARS:
Gary Sinise (Det. Mac Taylor)
Sela Ward (Jo Danville)
Carmine Giovinazzo (Danny Messer)
Hill Harper (Dr. Sheldon Hawkes)
Eddie Cahill (Det. Don Flack)
Anna Belknap (Lindsay Monroe Messer)
AJ Buckley (Adam Ross)
Robert Joy (Dr. Sid Hammerback)

GUEST CAST:
Megan Dodds (Christine Whitney)
Rob Morrow (Leonard Brooks)
Louis Herthum (Capt. Curtis Smith)
Josh Emerson (Tony D’Alessio)
Scott Subiono (Marshall Hilson)
Catherine Kamei (Doctor)
Mageina Tovah (Eva Mason)
David Lombard (Chaplain)
Patrick O’Connor (Dr. Martin Stilga)

WRITTEN BY: Zachary Reiter and John Dove
DIRECTED BY: Jeff T. Thomas

The one other thing I have to say about a potential wedding down the road is, "No CSI Miami antics!" It'd be hard with the uncertain status of the show, but they just better not either way.

First official photo, I guess.

tumblr_m8vrc4aByi1qip4t3o1_400.png

CSI: NY Episode 9.04 "TBD"

STORY LINE: A shooter opens fire in the middle of a plaza where a Senator is campaigning. However, it soon becomes clear that, while the Senator was grazed by a bullet, he was not the target.

Casting news from TVLine:

Exclusive: CSI: NY Casts Justified Alum Neal McDonough as the 'Ultimate Politician'

Perpetual TV baddie Neal McDonough‘s latest role finds him on the right side of the law for once.
TVLine has learned exclusively that the ill-fated Justified gangster has nabbed a guest spot in CSI: NY's upcoming ninth season.
He’ll play Senator Gordon Hamilton, a character sources at the show refer to as the “ultimate politician.” While speaking at a crowded campaign rally, the senator will find himself in the middle of a shootout. Both he and CSI Lindsay (Anna Belknap) — who also attends the event — will be injured during the fray.
McDonough — who is slated to appear in Episode 4 of the CBS procedural’s upcoming year — most recently shot Frank Darabont’s buzzy TNT drama pilot, L.A. Noir. The fast-paced period thriller centers on the 1940s/50s-era epic battle between determined Los Angeles Police Chief William Parker (McDonough) and boxer-turned-mobster Mickey Cohen.
CSI: NY, meanwhile, kicks off Season 9 on Friday, Sept. 28 in its new 8/7c time slot.

Back