George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Loving it!! Can't wait until the movie is out somewhere somehow! :) And so glad he's getting some work to do before they start filming Season 13.

Finally! It's getting close to time to put up next months issue and they finally put the story about Grave Danger that George wrote on the CBS Watch website. :bolian:

May 19, 2005 - CSI Puts One Of It's Own In Grave Danger

Just in case CBS Watch is like CBS and those outside the US can't follow the link:
CSI puts one of its own in “Grave Danger”
“I was in my trailer one day during CSI’s fifth season when [executive producer] Carol Mendelsohn came in and told me that in the season finale a madman was going to bury one of the CSIs alive. She said, ‘We’d like you to be the guy in the box.’

I knew the episode was going to be a big deal because Quentin Tarantino was directing, and every department— from the actors to set design and construction—was champing at the bit to work with him. And I was excited, too, because the show can be a little formulaic, where we’re just delivering information. But this episode was going to think outside the box—no pun intended.

The set designers had made a series of plexiglass, see-through coffins, open on different sides to allow for different camera angles. They looked like they’d been through a deli slicer. I spent a few 12-hour days lying on my back—and this was before I got my cracked spine fixed. The crew offered me pads, but I said no because I wanted to use the pain. Quentin would sit a few feet from my face, staring at me as my character, Nick, was leaving an emotional goodbye recording for his family. I remember him one time saying, ‘Think about this: Your mom’s watching you die. OK, we’re going again, and … action!’ He guided me through making it real, and brought out the best in me.

Later, there was an on-location scene where they really did bury me under about a foot and a half of dirt, with a big tube for breathing and communicating. When they shut that lid, you run out of breath fast and it’s easy to hyperventilate. It was just a few minutes at a time before Grissom would dig me up, but just long enough where your mind can race and you can really believe you’re dying. They put bugs all over my face, too—but in the end, between action and cut, nothing bothered me. Everyone was super worried I was going to freak out, and I had to reassure them: ‘Dude, relax. I was a man before I was an actor.’

In the end, one of my coolest memories about the whole experience was how Quentin was really sweet to my father, who passed away last fall. We had a premiere screening in Las Vegas, and my dad came with me. Quentin noticed with satisfaction, ‘In one real heavy part, I saw your dad got up and had to walk out. I liked that. I made him uncomfortable!’ And I was proud to be able to say, ‘Quentin, we made him uncomfortable.’ ”

Susan

They are working on a website for George's movie Gutshot Straight. Until then we have a facebook page to enjoy. :D If you get past the cover photo (which is :drool: :drool: :drool:) there are 20 stills, several of which have George in them. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Susan

Thank you for posting thevFacebook page. So glad to read George is branching out into producing, good for him.

Really, really great 1st person article about George and his dad and their love for the Dallas Cowboys. :) Thanks to Anita over on the FB Ward page for finding this! :)

What a great article! People had nice things to say about it too in their comments. Cute picture too.

So cool to hear these great memories from George himself. That's what makes it even more special...to hear him tell it. This, plus that video where he talks about his grandmother...just shows you what we already knew...what a sweet guy he is. :adore:

I like how much family and those memories mean to him. Unlike a lot of kids these day it's the little things - the Sunday football game with dad - that mean the most to him.

Susan

So cool to hear these great memories from George himself. That's what makes it even more special...to hear him tell it. This, plus that video where he talks about his grandmother...just shows you what we already knew...what a sweet guy he is. :adore:

There's a video where he talks about his grandma?!? :eek: WHERE?!

It's from when he won the Artistic Achievement Humanitarian Award from the Hellenic Times Scholarship Fund dinner in May 2010. Here it is. He starts talking about his grandmother at about the 2 minute mark. So sweet. :adore: (The translation of what she said to him is "I love you, George")

It's from when he won the Artistic Achievement Humanitarian Award from the Hellenic Times Scholarship Fund dinner in May 2010. Here it is. He starts talking about his grandmother at about the 2 minute mark. So sweet. :adore: (The translation of what she said to him is "I love you, George")

Thank you! I've never seen that before nor did i know he was Greek. Good to know.

I'm liking what I read about Nick in Don' interview. I just hope they follow thru with what he said.

Back