CSI:Miami is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Nightfoxxy, May 13, 2012.

1. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Maybe there's another reason. The one that CBS gave sounds like a bunch of crap. Most folks believe it's because of how expensive the show was to produce.

Is there anything official about which series was more expensive?

2. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

What about a one off TV movie? There is precedence for it. Diagnosis Murder, Dr Quinn Medicine Woman have all had a few each. It wouldn't be too expensive, because it would be a one off. A two hour long one off, would be long enough to close a lot of things. It wouldn't have to mess up cbs's schedule. The only real problem would be the availability of the actors and the crew. Some of the actors have said they're more than unhappy at the ending. Hopefully they would accept it as a compromise. I know I could live with that.

3. roolb

roolb Victim

Bill, when you said that Horatio was cold, and unapproachable, I can only think that you`ve missed a lot of the series. He always displays great tenderness, and empathy towards children, and women, in particular who are troubled. In one eppy he is consoling a woman who is dying, and shows such understanding, and warmth, that I couldn`t believe he was acting. It was as though it was actually true!
    I remember him sitting by a child, who was on a swing, and gently, like a father, chatted to him, to try and put him at ease. All screen detectives have their own way of interpreting their roles, and to me he`s one of the greatest.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

They should just say they cancelled it because of the money, and tell it like it is. Everyone can see through the excuse. And I agree with whoever it was who posted earlier from Scotland- Im in England, and it does seem that most US shows are set in New York. It was nice to have a change.

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Well to me it doesn't matter if Csi Miami looked too futuristic/fantasy way. The show entertained me with it's bright colours (orange screen and colourfully exploded Ryan), interesting characters (especially Ryan), silly crimes (oh what an idiots people can be at times) and fancy lab equipment (my dream lab and likely the one I'll be working when my dream comes true). So for me it was amazing journey into world I couldn't be in but wanted so badly.

And now I'll be left with the memories of my favourite episodes and when get the chance will be watching all them over and over again (and will be drooling over my all time fave Wolfe episodes). Actually I consider Miami Vice my Csi Miami equivalent. I'm currently watched about 18 episodes of season 1 (darn pc got overheated and we had to stop watching).

And thanks to Miami I've found my future car :D Now everytime I go out there's usually one or two Hummers driving by :hugegrin:

6. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Let me get this straight: CSI: Miami is getting cancelled, while 2.5 Men featuring King Douche himself Ashton Kutcher gets renewed? CBS Fail.

7. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

CBS's decisions are equalling to the mess at JCPenney-trying to change what was already working and making money just so some CEO can say "I know what I'm doing and deserve my high salary!!" CBS cancels all their money makers-even 2 soap operas in the last few years; now the crime dramas. CSI Miami was just fine on Mondays till somebody messed that up. I for one am not holding my breath for any made for tv movies reuniting everyone. Cast is too talented and have bills to pay so I'm sure they'll get scooped up by some cable network-USA or somebody.

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I've been feeling that way about that show for years. Quality shows get canceled due to $$$ yet a show with a drug addict actor kept getting renewed while he kept getting $$$ for it. Canceling that show would have brought them in a bundle of money.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

There had been reports out earlier before we heard the bad news that Miami was more expensive to produce than New York, so "That Woman" (I refuse to name her here, but we all know who she is :rolleyes:) stating that they wanted a NY Friday lineup is a bunch of crap.

10. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I don't think CBS can even remember ALL the different stories they've told as to Why CSI Miami was cancelled. How about this one, CBS executives, after getting a sore ass from sitting on their BIG FAT WALLETS, decided to cancel one of the jaggernaut shows that helped them climb to the top of network TV because it had served it's purpose to them. The least CBS could do is grow a pair of balls and be honest as to the reason. At this point I don't think anyone at CBS could find their asses if they used both hands.

11. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

What a BS excuse. Because they wanted an "all-NY show" Friday? HA, OKAY NINA TASSLER! It has everything to do with money. They don't cares about the fans. CSI: Miami has pretty much made CBS as much money as it good, so they just throw it in the trash with a 52 minute delayed series finale. :shifty:

CBS has got to be the biggest group of fakes ever. They pretend they love everyone that works for them but they don't mind screwing them over!

12. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

And now no drug addict, but giant douchenozzle.

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Like I said before, Cold Case is the only one of the shows I liked where CBS came right out and said it was about $$$.
    The rest..they give excuses just as lame or worse as the ones for CSI Miami.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  14. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

So, the show ends with Raquel Welch's character free and sipping on margaritas somewhere, the girl from Curse Of The Coffin (unless the tiny coffin did something to her), nothing done on Navarros, how about Vogel? Or Horatio's unfinished business in New York.

I'm not buying that NY excuse, either. I'm sure that was some dumb and weak attempt to damage control that would best suit CBS's preferences in cancelling CSI: Miami. So far, a handful of actors (Melina Kanakeredes, Will Petersen, Marg Helgenberger, and probably also Paget Brewster) had already sensed the height of bull from the CBS executives for years. Especially Bill's and Marg's unhappiness with "franchising" a while back. I don't blame them for not putting up with how the powers that be on CBS operate. With that track record, we could very likely be watching a trainwreck waiting to happen if CBS decides to pull the plug on one of our favorites with a crappy series finale, and another new excuse as to the show being cancelled. They just better not touch Criminal Minds.

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

CRM,Paget is in fact leaving Criminal Minds because of the garbage they put her and A.J. through. For Melina,Will and Marg, I think part of the reason they left was CBS bigwigs but a bigger reason is I think they all wanted to move on to other projects,especially Will.