CSI:Miami is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Nightfoxxy, May 13, 2012.

1. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

What a shame, but it had a good run though! 10 seasons is alot and for those of use who buy the dvds lol lol makes the collection easier.

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Wow:wtf:, I am completely surprised they cancelled CSI:M and not NY. Miami was doing pretty well in a crappy time slot and Friday night in notorious for being a TV graveyard where shows go to die.

I know it more than likely budget and ratings, but it hard to believe that reasoning when they give Ashton a hefty raise to keep him on 2.5 Men.

It is difficult to believe we won't be seeing this show and it's characters next season. It is truly the end of an era.

I wish all of the actors and crew on Miami the best of luck and thank them for the last 10 years.

3. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I've noticed the seasons syndicated to AMC are the really mediocre ones later in the show run. This week is the start of our old friend Ron Saris.:scream:

4. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Actually, AMC has ALL the seasons 1 thru 9 with 10 available any time now. They just didn't get a season 11 and 12.

They started at season 3 in January because E&A were starting season 1. Then they restarted from season 1 and have now worked their way up to Ron Saris.

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Yes, at least they're consistent about showing them in chronological order...I'm talking about you, TNT, screwing up CSI: NY reruns. :rolleyes:

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

You know after letting this sink in for the last 24 hours and being a loyal fan of both Miami and NY, I wanted to share addtional thoughts and opinions I had. I'll probably receive some flack but here goes.....

IMHO, in the last few years, the writing on NY has been far surperior to that of Miami. On NY, the show revolves around Mac Taylor, but NY does a much better job of incorporating the whole cast, far better than Miami has done in quite a while. And while we watched Danny and Lindsey's relationship grow and evolve over the years, I never got the impression their romance took over the show like the way, at times, the other romance on the other show did.

I have not made much of a secret that I have been pretty unhappy with the writing on Miami the last few seasons. This is no way a reflection of the acting on the show. Miami, up and down the line had a damn fine talented group of actors who have gone above and beyond the sometimes crap they have been given. Tired storylines (Ryan in trouble, Eric and Calleigh--will they or won't they?) and episode after episode with little or no character development for some of the characters (really, did we ever meet a relative of Ryan's?). It seems as if in its later years, the writers just got lazy. It was easier for them to take an all or nothing approach to their writing; concentrate on one or two characters or storylines and basically ignore everyone or everything else on the show. I guess it was too much of an effort to write for the WHOLE cast which the writers of NY don't seem to have a problem with. The Miami writers act as if they know no matter what garbage they churn out and how unhappy the fans are, they wouldn't lose their jobs, so why try? The sad part is that one of the better written episodes of the last couple of years , according to the fans, came off of the pen of Adam Rodriguez an ACTOR on Miami.

Well, the damage has been done and Miami is gone. Again good luck to DC, AR, EP, JT, ELR, RL and OM and all the recurring actors over the years and thanks for the memories.

Rant is officially over and please be kind.

7. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I don't think you'll get any flack MiamiWolfe;)
    A lot of people here (including me) complain about crappy Miami writing. As for me - I totally agree with you especially regarding "Adam's" episodes (this season and previous) - they're great.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I liked your rant ;), MiamiWolfe. You made some good points, and I'm sure most of us here will agree with them. It just means that we really care about our show and wanted it to improve.

Count me among the "likes" of Adam's episodes as well. He did a fantastic job. :)

9. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Whew! Thanks for that! They should go right back to the beginning. ;)

10. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I still can't believe they cancelled CSI Miami, I'm so sad :(:(:(. It was one of my favorite shows of all time and I'll miss Horatio Caine, Mr Wolfe, and the others.
    I wish all the cast and crew best luck for the future.

11. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I always wanted a crossover with NBCs Law&Order:SVU but with two different stations like NBC and CBS I knew it wouldn't happen. But now that CSI:M is cancelled it would be nice to have NBC pick it up and now do a crossover. I think if that happens we can have the team work with Olivia and Fin and find a serial rapist. Just sayin.

If they finish with L&O:SVU I won't have anything to live for. We used to have repeats of CSI:M on Sundays on CTVTwo and now that's gone. So there is really NO MORE CSI:M. Guess I'll have to watch my DVDs Seasons 1-4. Damn CBS why did you have to end this wonderful show!?!?!? I am NOT watching anything on CBS anymore!!!!!

12. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

MiamiWolfe, agree with you! I didn't like last couple years writing too. But ones Adam has written was very good comparing those written by actual writers.

In my opinion CSI:NY got better with season 7 when I regained my liking. Maybe because of storylines, maybe because of Jo, maybe both.

cityhunter love your avatar!

Well at least you guys had reruns.
    Last rerun I saw was sometime last year's season 6 and couple episodes from season 7, guess I didn't fully get to WISC episode that I was waiting for the most.

Also last set of reruns were other couple years before last year's and only then the 'beloved' season 6.
    Other channel, that I can't watch (tv6), aired seasons 6 to 8 last year.

I guess there never will be day to see CSIM on Fox Crime or Universal, or even Diva. And I know TV3 Estonia airs various episodes from all CSI's during normal daytime (compared to TV3's post-midnight).

I wish though if I had any DVD's... I've been craving any CSI DVD for years. But seems that this cave they call Latvia doesn't care for those.
    Or they cost two fortunes per season...

I wish I could download my fave seasons easily. I got USB flash and when I'll finish data backup and copy everything on CD's I'd love to get the download chance before they chalk up freelance actions.
    And then I come to my rant that will go to Rant Thread...

13. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Well! Just watched the CSI:NY season 8 finale. What a great way to end an 8-season run of a great show... Oh, hang on a minute. It wasn't NY they cancelled, was it! It was the one they didn't make a suitable finale for... :wtf:

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Well I've heard Csi:NY season 8 finale was great. Will see it when season ends here (couple weeks ago season 8 started here).

I kinda can't wait to see Miami finale to see how it was. Not because I wanted it to end.
    But I know in some way it wasn't entirely bad, there were some watch worthy moments.

But still I'm in that state of 'wtf'... I so hoped Miami will last forever...

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Any fans here going into a little depression? I am. :( It just seems so strange that you can still see Vegas & New York, but can only get Miami episodes on repeats. It's still hard wrapping my brain around it. I don't like this feeling.