CSI: NY moves to Fridays 8pm (7 central) this Fall

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Geeno, May 16, 2012.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

See you all! NY has a new time, same night! :thumbsup:

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: CSI: NY moves to Fridays at 8pm (7 central) this Fall

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the ratings. On one hand the earlier time could work in their favor because people may still be home before going out for the evening. On the other hand, splitting up NY and Blue Bloods and having a freshman show inbetween could hurt them. I'm very curious to see what happens.

3. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

My initial thought is that Blue Bloods stands the most ratings risk by a freshman show leading it in. If 'Made in Jersey' doesn't do well I wonder just how many people who start off watching NY will just change the channel at 9pm and simply not remember or bother to switch back an hour later... :/ Of course on the flip side I'm not sure how many viewers NY got by BB viewers tuning in early, but I doubt it was all that many. Either way, I see don't NY acting as a lead-in for 'Jersey' to affect its ratings much if at all. I think any demo and viewership they get will be almost entirely due to the time slot.

4. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Honestly I see myself watching NY online a lot. Assuming Gordon Ramsey's shows are on on Fridays as in previous years and the Who Do You Think You Are? on NBC. At large, I am not sure what'll happen with NY. I don't know if the CSI Miami fans will swear off NY thus not gaining the viewership. And people might indeed be home at 7 more than at 8. We shall see.

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

This is how the broadcast TV network competition on Fridays 8pm this Fall would look like:

ABC: Shark Tank; Last Man Standing/Malibu Country (November)
    FOX: Touch
    NBC: Whitney/Community
    CW: to be announced

I think NY has a good chance of surviving especially it is starting the season on Fall instead of being held for midseason. It also won't have a crime drama competition.

Out of topic, it sucks The Mentalist got the awful Sunday "10pm" slot.

Who Do You Think You Are? is cancelled by NBC. Gordon Ramsey show (I think Hell's Kitchen) will be at 9pm, replacing Fringe.

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

On one hand,I'm glad to see CSI NY is in a timeslot where it at least won't be delayed by football or other events.
    On the other hand,I'm certain next season will be the last one of the Mentalist due to it getting the time slot of death.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

And CSI: NY might get lucky again!

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

My prediction is the new show will go down in flames :devil: and CSI: NY will be moved back to 9pm ET/8pm CT. This new show, not that I really care, I just want some confirmation--does it take place in New York or New Jersey? :confused:

For the record, I usually watch both shows On Demand. :)

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I doubt it...you can only be on the bubble for so long before they pull the plug. If I were the writers, I would strongly look at this season as its last.

10. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

actually tassler said last year that the csi franchise will survive as long as the ratings are in tolerance range and the shows stayed vigorous.something similar was quoted at csifiles anyway.so why should she say something like that?that bubble prediction table isn't a reliable source, since imo in the new age the rookie/junior seasons could get in any case cancelled, despite their good numbers cause the factors don't depend only on the visible ratings.prestige...relations...contributors.. all in all
    i wouldn't bet on a another cancellation, espacially since the new schedule is designed to lead.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Well, everybody doubted NY is going to be renewed for season 9. A lot can still happen. Who knows maybe Undercover Boss or The Good Wife will go out first.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast...
    - Alexander Pope

12. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I will say that I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of a CBS bigwig's mouth but that's just me.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I highly doubt it will cheat death a third time, but I highly doubted it would do it a second time.

I know it's NBC and not CBS, but "Chuck" was "on the bubble" every year it ran and somehow managed to get renewed until the 5th season was announced as the final season.

Anything is possible, but as far as probable I'd say definitely not. The fact that two of the three shows in the franchise were on the block this year says a lot.

14. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Bummer about NBC. Good Gordon will be on after Gary.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The main character is from New Jersey, but she gets a job in New York.