Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 9, 2012.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I noticed that an interview with Don McGill and Carol Mendelsohn had some spoilers for Season 13, so thought I'd start this. But if not, Smokey please feel free to lock!

EDIT: Adding Spoiler Thread Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Sounds good to me :)

3. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Finally! All GSR fans want is a one sentence answer as to what they've been up to. So excited now :)

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Hopefully this means an appearance by Grissom. :p

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I would be sooooo thrilled. So would my mom :)

6. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Hmm, I know GSR fans want a bit of info about what they're doing, but I hope they choose to develop Sara more as an individual character instead of going down the road of her just being "Grissom's wife." Bring on Laura Sidle, I say!

In terms of the other characters...

Nick: Some development concerning his family would be nice, seeing as that's one part of his character we know the least about. I heard someone mention that a change of profession from CSI to a detective wouldn't be a bad shout, and I actually agree with them, that could be interesting.

Greg: In my opinion he needs a good case which he can emotionally attach himself to. (But don't go down the Old Vegas/femme fatale route, that's been done for him already.) Oh and a glimpse of his digs would be good too.

Brass: Ellie! Ellie! Ellie! However, like Greg, an emotional case would be good for him as well. Oh and more Brass snark would be great as well.

Doc Robbins: Get him out of the morgue a bit more, we delved a bit into his personal life a bit this season, so something with his professional life could be looked at.

SuperDave: Give this guy an episode! Failing that, have him play a key role in the lab rats episode at least!

DB: Tone the family down! All I have to say about him.

Morgan: Had a pretty solid introduction onto the series, urrm personal case perhaps, but not before Sara and Greg at least have had their licks in.

Finn: Some consistency would be nice, one episode she's relatively calm and professional, the next episode she's an obnoxious and overconfident renegade. Also, break her away from DB, she'll fit into the team more if she interacts more with the other players.

Just an initial two cents from me regarding future character development anyway. :)

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

LOL. CM is doing it again!
    Hope springs eternal, but I'm not holding my breath, and I won't believe it til I actually see him in a promo.
    I would love to see an episode with Sara's mother, and with Grissom around offering her support. Maybe throw Mama Grissom in for good measure. Wasn't it McGill who suggested it be called 'The In-Laws'? Or how about 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner'? :)

8. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Can't wait!!!! :scream:

9. sharp52092

Beware, I wrote a short novel :lol:

Love to meet her too :)

I do like the idea of him becoming a detective too and if we were to meet any relatives, maybe a sibling

An emotional ep where we'd meet his family (mom and Papa Olaf are my top picks) and also more on the IAI certification

A storyline next season is my wish, it would help when isn't in some epsidoes or at all

Ellie finally returning and even meeting his ex wife is my pick

Meet Mrs. Phillips, show more friendship betwen the 2 coronors, a storyline, anything really I'm all for it

Agreed

Mixing it up more would be great, more A and B case episodes would help

Also, let the premiere be the last time we see McKeen, we don't need him becoming the new Haskell, the villian that never leaves

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

No thank you and for several reasons!
    1. George Eads. He's mentioned more than once what he'd ultimately like for Nick. He wants Nick to come full circle - made level 3 in Pilot to be made supervisor in CSI's final episode.
    2. Nick isn't 'hard' enough to be a detective. Yes he said that he wished he'd shot McKeen when he had the chance but the fact that he couldn't do it back then shows he's not really detective material.
    3. I think most detectives start as uniformed officers and Nick is getting a little old to start from the beginning. :lol:

What I want in season 13:

What convinces Nick to stay. Don't really care what it is at this point - bringing down McKeen and his 'empire' or something else entirely.

I've given up on Grissom but I would like a visit from Catherine, even if it means bringing the Feds into a case.

A lot less Julie Finley - before she becomes Ray Langston part 2. Like I said in the episode thread, still haven't figured out why she's here. You don't bring a problem into a problem and DB was brought in to clean up the crime lab from all the Langston/Haskell stuff.

Tone down all the family stuff and get more involved in solving cases. Lets see more of the science in place of the families so we're not just watching someone hand a report to someone else.

Susan

11. sharp52092

Hey, Sofia was a CSI and became a detective

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

And if I remember right she was a little pissed off that she was made a CSI since she trained as a cop and wanted to be a detective.

Got to remember Nick's been a CSI for around 15 years or so. Sophia was a cop who was made a CSI who was made back into a cop (I think was the way she put it once) in a relatively short period of time.

Susan

13. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

what I want for next season :

- A big Sara episode with Laura Sidle (eventually Gil), I just want to discover the dark side of Sidle Family, it's been a long time since they promised a Sidle episode, but still nothing...

- A big closure with McKeen's case in the season premiere (I loved the season final but I don't want that case to last too long !)

- Catherine's return for a double episode at the end of the season

- I'd like to see old friends like Lady Heather, Ellie or Sofia

After that I just want to be surprised ! I loved season 12, I want season 13 to be the same ! :)

14. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

is it a coincidence that since the producers/writers shankar, abraham and rambo doesn't participate any more, the show lost it's touch?take season 8 for an example were the teamchemistry was imo top notch.they had arguments about their theorys, the storytelling was darker, but it had also comic reliefs like in two and a half deaths, cause they COULD balanced it perfectly.you could really feel a hierarchy, besides of grissom been the leader.im re-watching the season as i speak and i can tell the quality differences from each episodes.
    i miss the old days.the back and forth disput over small things dont't happen anymore since d.b took place.or the gruesome set-environment with (instance)gang affiliates, nor do we hadnt one(!) lawyer get brass' a- game in this season.it has evidently something to do with the range of viewers they(tptb) want to impress. and since i found out, that csi was (also)at these times listed as crime drama worst(weekly rankings) tv show,(in regard of gruesomenes and familyviewing)i came to the conclusion, they balanced the show to "save" at the right ends.but im a die hard fan, so i will watch it anyway.13 season ist a big number, but it wouldve been more authentic, if it just knew what his roots are.
    bottom line, the writer changes was a elementary stragetic behaivoir, either aware or unaware...

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  15. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

what i wan't for the next season(the list is to big):(

-flashback episode with warrick
    -ellie, sofia
    -crossover with ny
    -greg development
    -TWO(THREE/FOUR:drool:) case episodes now and then
    -less hodges