"Homecoming" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2012.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Really good episode. The cover-up revelation wasn't surprising because it was too obvious with all the details. The last few minutes, however, left me on the edge of my seat! With that suspenseful music, it was given that something crazy was going to happen. And four crazy things happened! But for now, I can handle them.

Anyway, I just want to ask a favor from all of you. If you can, please watch the season finale of CSI: NY on Friday 9pm/8c. It will be pretty cool to watch how a good show ends, even if you haven't watched a single episode yet. This might be the last episode ever of CSI's child show. CBS labeled it as "the episode that could end it all." Thanks!

2. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

On the whole, really liked the episode actually, I just wish I'd avoided the spoilers a little more as the only thing which really shocked me was the number of cliffhangers, not the actual ones themselves. :lol:

Speaking of which, I think the Ecklie one is really the one I actually give a damn about the most considering we know Nick'll be back next season and his future remains the most uncertain! I really like how they've expanded him into a much more likeable character than he was at the start of the series. I wonder how the Sheriff's new policies are going to affect the team as well.

Finn annoyed me more today, particularly at the start of the episode. Screentime balance was reasonable, could have done with more Brass, Sara and Greg and less Finn and DB. Jaclyn Smith was pretty underused again as well.

I'll have more to say about it later, but I reckon it's probably the best finale we've had since "Grave Danger". I just unlike previous finales, we're nowhere near solving the initial murder. I wish there had been a little more closure on the case.

Oh, one last thing. Anyone get slightly irked when Nick said: "Yeah, he murdered a good friend of mine, CSI Warrick Brown"? Glad Sara added that he was a friend of the other members as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm glad I avoided the spoilers. My heart was racing in the last few minutes. I was wondering maybe someone's gonna get shot, who and other crazy cliffhanger scenarios. Were all the cliffhangers given in spoiler thread?

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Heartless, you are! :lol:
    I believe her name was 'Katie'? :)

I'm not sure where to start.
    I was bored the first 45 minutes and disappointed at the end.
    Sara and Greg were given bit parts and seemed emotionally detached from the drama, while Nick was losing it. I thought Sara could have been a little more understanding of Nick, since she walked out not so long ago. GE did a great job showing his anger, but I just don't think there was enough build up for Nick to suddenly quit; and it seems like the current writers are forgetting a lot of Sara's history on the show, and as a Sara fan, it's frustrating.

I want to be, but I guess I'm not going to be a Finn fan; making out in the hallway :rolleyes:, and the whole history with DB seemed a big nothing compared with the season long hype. And I'm afraid it's not over, given her 'it's complicated' comment.

There were a lot of players in this one, and that pushed most of the characters I care about to the background. Most of the drama happened with people I don't know or don't care much about.
    Ecklie was noble shielding Morgan and I do feel bad for DB; Nick is coming back (and I assume will have a big part in taking McKeen down in the premiere, again); and I'm sorry to say I don't really care enough about Finn and whatever mess she is getting herself into. And why do they seem to be targeting her anyway?
    Not much for me to get excited about or talk about over the summer, I'm afraid. TBH, I liked last season's finale better; even tho it was Langston-centric, there was more team involvement and more things to discuss regarding each character's psychological fall-out.

I will say that Conor O'Farrell did a great job of portraying evil, better than he did in FW, and much better than the over-the-top performance by Bill Irwin. His scenes with Nick and DB were great.

I'm not sure how to grade this one; maybe a C for average. It wasn't bad, and it was suspenseful at the end, but definitely not enough Sara or Greg; and not enough about Nick's frustration. Too much other stuff; too many cliffhangers. I wish it had just been a two-hour finale so we could get it over with and start fresh next season.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  5. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Oh my God, this episode was awesome. I can't believe that they left us with all this. Nick wanting to leave, Ecklie getting shot, Russell's granddaughter being abducted. And what was going on with Finn? And now we have to wait so long for season 13 to start. COME ON!

Very wll done, it was a great episode. A fantastic season finale. :thumbsup:

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm so glad someone else actually thought that last season finale was better too. There was more overall team involvement and that is what I missed in this one. Way too much focus on DB and Finn and not enough of Sara and Greg and even Brass.

That irked me too when he said that. Yes, I understand he was closest to him but Sara and Greg knew him as a friend and co-worker too. I was happy to see Sara speak up also.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Not really. I remember in "Grave Danger" when Brass and Sara were talking to Kelly Gordon and he said her father "kidnapped a friend of mine". Sara didn't jump in then and clarify that Nick was her friend too. Semantics...no slight to anyone meant in either case, I don't think. Just emotions taking over in a bad situation.

8. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I took it as a more cautionary statement from Sara. Like "we loved him too but we're not going to do something rash". I think she realized that everyone has that one word that pushes someone's button and for Nick it is to say "McKeen".

I thought George was awesome in his scenes with McKeen. I kept debating over whether I wanted him to jump over the table and bash the dudes head in or keep it professional.

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I really enjoyed the episode. Too much DB and his family though and I could have done without Hodges/Mother/Ecklie/Morgan scenes too. Would have liked to have seen more scenes involving Mckeen. Loved the scenes with Nick and McKeen - they both did a great job, very tense.

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The cliffhangers weren't much of a suprise. Knew something was going to happen to the granddaughter as soon as they said she was going to be in the episode. Knew something was going to happen to either Morgan or Ecklie back from Elisabeth's interview with EW the other week. Knowing that George re-signed sorta takes away a little from Nick walking out (I'm still extremely happy to already know that he has re-signed! :lol:) but it still wasn't a bad episode. :bolian: Definately one of my favorites of what I thought of as an 'average' season.

My favorite line of the episode has to be Nicks line about 'chivalry dying about 5 dumpsters ago'. :lol: 'Finn' has been annoying and it was a nice way to point out that in Vegas they do seem to share the dirty jobs and it was her turn to dome some 'dumpster diving'. Still can't figure out why she's there - DB was supposed to be cleaning up the crime lab so why was he allowed to bring his 'problem child' into the lab?

My only problem - Where was Brass? He had much more of a right to be interviewing McKeen than DB or Ecklie. :(

Did love Nick in front of McKeen. George did a great job of showing Nick's emotions while holding him in check. Glad to see Nick walk out instead of doing something stupid, showed how much he's grown over the years. Also nice to see some of the affects of Warricks death on Nick played out onscreen.

Nope! You're trying to put logic in a situation where it isn't. Nick was speaking purely from emotion. The sure fire way of hitting Nick 'where it hurts' is to mention McKeen. All logic leaves him at that point and he becomes emotional.

Susan

11. CSIFAN11

CSIFAN11 Dead on Arrival

I thought it was a good episode. But there was too much going on for one hour. And I thought the whole thing with the reason DB fired Finn was lame. But maybe that's because I didn't really care. I like DB but I'm not much of a Finn fan. I can't make up my mind about her. I don't dislike her but like someone else posted I don't really understand why she is here. And she really isn't very professional.

I liked Hodges/Morgan talking about being brother and sister. :lol:

I liked Nick's comment about chivalry. :)

Yep he did.

Nope. Not at all. In fact for some reason what Sara said irked me more. Not sure why. Nick wasn't slighting the fact that Warrick was a friend to all of them. He was simply saying that McKeen murdered his friend. It's a sore spot for him obviously so I didn't think anything of it.

I do think that there should have been more scenes with Nick/Greg/Sara. They all should have had scenes where they were dealing with McKeen being back in the picture as it would have affected them all. It would have been nice to see more of them than the scenes with Finn/Moreno in the hall and DB talking on the computer to his family.

I agree. More of Brass (and Sara/Greg) would have been better in regards to McKeen. But what we got of Nick was great. And the way he acted with McKeen overall shows how he's grown over the years. He was angry but didn't go over the top. Well...except the quitting part. ;) But we know that doesn't last.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I loved this episode. It had so much going on that I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. I'm so surprised at how much Ecklie has grown on me. I keep rooting for him and Morgan to patch things up. It was also funny that Hodges and Morgan kept going out with their parents. Also I'm really liking the friendship that has developed between Morgan and Hodges. And that's saying a lot given that I really and immensely disliked Hodges before.

Finn... I'm with those that haven't really warmed up to her but I have to say that she did annoying and imprudent so well that I actually ended up liking it. That probably made no sense at all lol. I just think Shue played the part really well so I ended up accepting that's just how she is.

I loved all about DB's family. Maybe I'm in the minority but I love that his family is so loving and united. Yeah the kidnaping is a bit cliché but that's the only qualm I have about the storyline. I really like how DB balances family life and work. It's not something we see in most TV's shows. It's usually about single or divorce professionals who live for their job. So for me it's refreshing and different and I like it a lot.

George did and amazing job! I really wish it hadn't been announced that he is coming back. That would've been a great cliffy. Nick and McKeen against each other is a treat to watch. Both actors play off each other really well.

Solid A from me. Really want to see what happens in september.

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Looks like the team really is in trouble! :( The episode was 'meh', it didn't get good until McKeen showed up. But the ending blew me away, I can't wait until September! :scream:

14. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Having read the spoilers I'm not even going to bother with this episode. I love DB, but abducting his grand-daughter? Really? :rolleyes: Didn't we get enough of this nonsense with Langston? McKeen never knew DB, and I find it HUGELY irritating that his family become the target instead of one of the older cast members like Nick, Sara or Greg who actually knew the man.

Sounds like far too much Finn for my liking.

As for Ecklie getting shot and Morgan being there...yawn. Saw that coming a mile off. For a season that started so strongly, it seems to have fallen back a little on the mistakes of previous seasons ending with several cliff hangers to ensure we all tune back in in September. I am not impressed.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The ep started out slow but got better once McKeen entered the picture. Now I am really looking forward to next season with 3 cliffhangers in one episode!
    Ecklie gets shot, DB's daughter or granddaughter (not sure if its one or both) gets kidnapped, and Nick quits!! Talk about exciting!