Season 8 in the UK?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by calleighspeedle, Dec 30, 2011.

1. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

That was the episode with the fraternity pledge where the guy was buried alive in a crypt. That episode so far has been the weakest of this season, but it was nowhere near as bad as some of the recent ones in the last run of Miami (imo).

I really enjoyed this weeks episode, investigating a collapsing balcony didnt fill me with much excitement, but it turned out to be decent. As already mentioned it had echoes of the stoning episode from Miami. I particularly enjoyed Jo's role in this, despite the rapist case only playing a small part in the episode, (clearly setting it up for future episodes), I thought it was good how Jo made Lindsay know who was the boss. In fact I'm liking how Jo is settling in to the setiues, is it wrong to have a bit of a crush there too??:alienblush:

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I actually felt sorry for Lindsay in the scene with Jo. I thought Jo was rather out of line. Yes, Lindsay said the wrong thing, but she was trying to be sympathetic, but not very good at it. Im the same there.
    Jo was obviously very emotional about the whole thing, and feeling abit guilty, so I will let her off.

3. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Interesting development in the rape case and the ghb amounts. Was the girl lyIng? Did the guy drug her twice, later onto mess up the evidence? Another ex-24 actor appears as the senator too, I wonder what influence he will excerpt if the guy gets off.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes, I am quite enjoying this story arch. It will be interesting to see how it develops. The accused seems rather dull, but I think that adds more to the story- I get sick of over the top killers. He seems more realistic, if you know what I mean.

5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Got to admit, I wasn't overly impressed with the way the John Curtis (was that his name?) case was brought to a close. There were a few interesting moments in it but ultimately the ending felt a little... far fetched.

6. Learna

Learna Civilian

i would have liked to have seen him get the riot act spelled out to him in court, look on his face to see hes been caught ect .. but i did enjoy them episodes.

7. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. I expected the Jo's ex-partner to be the one who tried to frame him. I enjoyed the ending too with Jo being attacked and I was surprised that this particular little story arc has been closed within 3 episodes or so. But thats a positive as too often they drag on too long.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I did think it was the Senator because he still seemed so angry. I think they could have made it a four story arc because sometimes things just seemed to get rushed.

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I did enjoy the epi, but like vickyyy I was rather disappointed with teh ending. I would also have liked to have seen him brought to justice in the courts. It was rather far fetched that he would go after Jo, but it did make for an impressive opener. And I liked how Mac was there for Jo at the end, I enjoy there friendship.
    I thought the senator was involved last week, but when Frank showed up I thought it might have been him.

10. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

^ Agreed. I would have liked them to explore the criminal justice aspect - I'm not saying I want to see an entire court case but I'm a little fed-up of the "he's the bad guy, let's have him torment a cop/agent who will ultimately kill him". It's overdone.

That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing whatever is next tomorrow.

11. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Gee Wiz, I didn't know that in the U.K., they are way, way behind getting the TV Shows from the U.S. on over there. Do you folks have satellite TV over there?

Peace

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ We are not that far behind, and what I like about getting US shows later here is that there are no breaks, every week there is an episode, and you know it will be a new one. There is none of this stopping and starting, which would drive me crazy.
    Yes, we do have satellite. But new episodes of csi are only shown on channel 5 (non-sat)

Vickyyy- totally agree. I dont like court room stuff very much, but I think it would have worked well in this episode- show that the system does work. They do rely on the 'csi gets attacked' thing very regularly, it doesnt have the same impact that it once did.

13. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Very sad episode last night.

I like the fact we're seeing more of Flack in the precinct and people coming in to him as opposed to just seeing him at crime scenes/in interrogation.

14. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Saturday's episode and the 'ripple effect' was just beyond blah. No part of the episode was gripping.

15. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I agree. I'm sure we've had something similar in Vegas too, can't think exactly what episode though.

I still have an episode to watch yet (the real estate guy killed in the home invasion), but in recent weeks the ripple effect and the cage fighter faking his own death have been below par episodes for me.