Season 8 in the UK?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by calleighspeedle, Dec 30, 2011.

1. makkem

makkem Hit and Run

Yeh was strange seeing Danny in uniform, but Miami did it with Tripp. Must be an American thing, get promoted & go back to uniform duties for a while. I almost cried at the end too.

2. ForestAngel

ForestAngel Witness

Really enjoyed this epi and great to see Mac back in the lab again and case was quite good

3. Duke

Duke Witness

So far I'm loving Season 8. Mind you, we're only up to episode 2 here in the UK.

Only complaints I have so far:

1. Danny's moustache - with the sergeant uniform, he looks like a damn stripogram. Get rid please, Danny! (or else I'll be booking you for my friend's hen party next month)

2. Mac's 'retirement' - which lasted a grand total of...wait for it...1 episode! Yeah, like I didn't see that coming. :shifty:

3. Jo's personal life - don't care about it, TBH. Still not feeling Jo and don't think I will (not saying never, after all I only started to warm to Lindsay in season 7) So yeah, gimme 5 years, Jo and we'll see. ;) Did like the subtle way she told Tyler's roomate that she was aware of her 'art work'. Such a Mom thing to do. Other than that, do NOT care. Knowing the way the producers deal with the characters 'personal lives' I'm betting we don't see Tyler again for a while. Which brings me onto Flack...

4. Simples - I need more of him! I'm still annoyed at the way they handled him coping with Jess's death and that we didn't get to see his sister Sam once during his 'bereavement' (take notice Tyler!)

5. Lindsay and Danny (again) - not sure how I feel about Danny being promoted to sergeant. Need to see more before I decide. Not sure how he even feels about it other than the conversation snippet between Mac & Lindsay in epi 2 about how 'he misses it'. (it being CSI work) Hmm...maybe Danny will go back to being a CSI? The 2 scenes between him & Lindsay (1. where she commented on not seeing him for 2 weeks 2. where she couldn't make lunch) made me think that maybe the producers are going to introduce marital problems. Not being able to spend time together, etc., Maybe a break-up or a separation. Maybe that'll force Danny to make a decision to go back to being a CSI or maybe those 2 have just ran their course. *shrugs* Either way, I'm kind of excited to see what's going to happen there.

Kudos to the writers for the 9/11 episode, it was very tastefully done and a fitting tribute. Mac's relationship with Claire brought tears to my eyes, especially the part where they shared the ear bud while listening to music. That 1 scene told me more about Mac and how the devastating loss of his wife has made him the (closed-off, buttoned-up) man he is today. I hope he finds love again. (had hoped Peyton might drift back into his life, but I can't see that happening. Just please writers, please, not Jo. If not Stella, then definitely not Jo.)

Best scene so far...Who else but my gorgeous Flack! The scene at the tattoo shop 'if he decides to come back for a starfish' I actually snorted red wine from out of my nose. Not a pretty sight.

So yeah, so far so good.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I've only watched the first episode. The scenes with Mac and Claire were very good, and of course as a husband you cant help but put yourself in Macs shoes. I dont mean any offence by this but a part of me couldnt help but think it was a little contrived to tap into something that is clearly very very emotive, not only to the US but I think also to many people around the world too. I think I could of done without the rest of the teams recollections of the day, as I felt theirs was inconsequential when compared to Macs. As it was the episode was win win, it was handled it with dignity I thought.

To see Mac in another job was a surprise, I couldnt remember if that happened in the last episode of season 7, I didnt think it did anyway. I agree it was strange to see Danny in uniform, putting them in uniform has the opposite effect of a promotion to me, its almost like they've been demoted.

But overall it was a decent start to the series.

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well, it didnt take long for Mac to reappear! Glad they didnt make a bog drama out of it all though.
    I quite like Jo, and think she works well with everyone else, but the Tyler thing bored me, I think I have seen enough of her personal life for now.
    The tattoo comment by Flack was very funny.
    Decent case, good character moments. A good start to the series so far.

6. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I arent sure why they wrote Mac having a new job only for him to be back next episode. Strange.

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think it's because they had suggested that he had quit.

But also it was for the season premiere plot too.

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well. it didnt take long to undo the things that happened in the finale. First, Mac was back in super quick time, and now Danny is back where he belongs.
    I was surprised, I thought they would stretch it out a few more episodes. Especially after last week, when he was shown to be mentoring Cooper. It seemed good for his character development, but I suppose it was awkward trying to fit him into the cases.
    Does anyone else think that Cooper will be back? Its very odd how those cops turned on Danny, and she insisted that none of it was her choice. I am hoping that there is not some conspiracy against Danny and the lab. I hate those storylines-it was refreshing to hear Mac say that he wasnt one of those cops who was against IAB.
    I have to say, I really liked Lindsay in those epsiode. She has grown on me these past few seasons, and I think Anna did a good job.

9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I watched the family of car thieves episode as well this weekend. I enjoyed it. Loved the way they guessed who the murderer was by examining the position of the bruises on the victim and it was a leap to the Hungarian fighting style.

As for the last episode. again as with Mac leaving its all too rushed with Danny suddenly being back in the lab. An odd move on the part of the writers to have him leave only be back in his old job 3 episodes later. Maybe they didnt think it worked, (I certainly didn't), or maybe it is part of a wider conspiracy.

Having siad that, I quite enjoyed the episode and Jo is settling in well I think, although shes not managed to replace Stella yet.

In fact out of all the chaacters I'm beginning to find Hawks to be an annoyance.

Overall though I'm enjoying this season, I think its been a more solid start than the last season of Miami we had in the UK.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Obviously they writers didn't know if the show would be back so they had to come up with something to get Danny back in the lab. I know some posters who wanted Danny back in the lab and it would be difficult to have him go to every crime scene that Don goes to.

11. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I had wondered if they were setting Dannys character up to be killed off by moving him to be in uniform. Hopefully not. Its better that hes back too, as it it didn't work with trying to fit him in with his new job.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Decent episode last night. Case ok, and good to see Flack getting some airtime. I think he is probably my fave on the show. I like his sister, Sam, too. I agree with her, it was bang out of line him not only following her to the temp agency, but also looking at her applications. It was quite sweet the end with them. I think they handled it quite well, because the whole be there for your sibling message could have gotten rather tedious.
    I was convinced Hank's brother had done it, so it was nice when it turned out not to be. I thought it was a little odd Mac being there at the end with the brothers. You would think he would have better things to do with his time than to traipse over to the court for a minute.
    Was it just me, or did Danny only have one scene? I was wondering where he had gone. Seems kinda pointless bringing him back to the lab if he isnt going to be seen!

13. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I thought the same in that it was the brother that did it.

Its not a bad thing that Danny got a back seat this episode, especially as it gives another character, (Flack in this one), a bit more screen time. As for Mac going over to the courts to hand him back that letter, it was a bit of an Horatio Caine moment, bringing families back together. Overall though I'm enjoying this season.

oh and having seen the teaser trailers for CSI tagged on to NY, how weird it felt to see Ted Danson, I havent seen him in anything since 3 Men and a Baby!

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Aww, the ending was quite sweet, with them all watching the film together. Although Danny and Lindsay's poor child seems to be without her parents alot!
    Sid's invention- amusing, but it felt rather tacked on.
    I cant actually remember anything about the case right now :confused:

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

An enjoyable episode.
    I did question whether the police department would spend so much time and resources looking into a collapsed balcony. Ok, once Sid had found out the girl was already dead they would have had to look into it all, but before that I bet they wouldnt have done all those tests on whether the balcony would hold. And all taht talk about charging the people who brought the table on, surely that would have been a waste of money to prosecute something done so stupidly, in the moment.
    I thought the scene with Flack 'chasing' the thief was funny, but Im suprised he got away with so many thefts before then. He didnt exactly blend in, I was expecting someone closer to Uni age. But it was amusing.
    Hmm, whats the betting that the rapist will be back. I was suprised that they didnt devote more time to that case. It obviously had had a big impact on Jo.
    The weird game reminded me of the Miami episode where the high school bitch was stoned to death after doing something similar to a girl in her class. These American teens seem brutal!