'Malice in Wonderland' Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 17, 2012.

1. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

The plant he sent her in Burden Of Proof , also had "From Grissom" written on the card. So it was probably continuing the reference to that. :cool: Loved that scene. And Even after 12 seasons of the show Sara/Jorja is still utterly delectable. :drool::drool: Seriously, for a woman in her forties she's dam hot. Many actresses half her age have nothing on her. I love how much they've used Sara this season, it's been great to see.

This has been a great season, much more like the style of the "vintage seasons" its very much gotten back to its roots as it said it would. I sort of get what people are saying that they're putting a lot of focus on DB and Finn, but the ensemble is still far better than it ever was during the Langston years. The focus on the rest of the cast, especially the veterans is more than satisfactory. Good episode. :)

2. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I wasn't a massive fan of this one. The idea was okay, and I liked that the case focused on the robberies rather than the homicide, but the execution felt a little... clunky.

I didn't particularly care much for the Hodges/Morgan fake romance storyline at all, it seemed like they tried to be funny but it just ended up being awkward. I was definitely far more interested in the daddy daughter issues between Ecklie and Morgan instead. Hodges and his mom kidnapped? Meh, at least it didn't take up the whole episode, good job by Hodges to save the two of them as well.

Sara, Nick and Greg were horribly underused. I get that it was Hodges' episode and all but I don't understand how they can go from balancing the cast wonderfully last week, to having completely uneven screentime the next. Hopefully that'll be improved in the next episode.

Going back to Nick, in the scene where Hodges was kidnapped is it just me, or did he seemed far too... relaxed. He reminded me of a stereotypically bored security guard on the job, all that was missing was the box of doughnuts. :lol:

I was sort of hoping for a Grissom cameo but at the same time I sort of knew there wasn't going to be one. The GSR references were okay, I liked the little continuity with the plant but as I'm not a fan of that ship I didn't really get excited over it.

What was the relevance of the "death by fools gold" guy? I completely zoned out at that part.

Urrm... I'm sure I have more to say about this episode but my mind's completely gone blank. Pretty meh episode overall. I'm still really enjoying the season overall but I hope the tone and overall quality picks up towards the end of the season.

Rating: 6.9/10 (so-so)

3. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

this was also my first impression.he didn't looked really concern about the situation.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:lol: That made me laugh! Maybe he was thinking, "Meh, been there, done that." :lol:

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I just thought that Nick had a lot more faith and trust (than Morgan) in Ecklie and the others. He's been working with them for years, he knows them. Morgan doesn't have the best of relationships with her father and doesn't much trust him.

Susan

6. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Well, if this is a surprising episode. Lots of Ecklie sure makes up for no Jim. Some of the scenes that surprised me are: Hodges in control, with the syringe and, I believe, a gun on the two perps. Where have I seen the Geena Davis looking female perp before?? As well as Hodges somehow telling Ecklie no-no to his chances of courting Mama Hodges. And Ecklie wanting to court her. It's nice to see this side of Ecklie beyond being this unlikeable bossy dude lurking on the halls and waiting for a CSI to screw up. And did I hear an attacked security guard say, "Crime lab's with his momma"? And for Hodges to finally tell his mom that he is not seeing Morgan. Which I find rather sweet that he obviously still loves Wendy. And Mandy's "Eat me" sign to him = LOL!

I see no love lost between Sara and Ecklie. I would have liked to see a cameo of Grissom.

The whole gold thing poured down a victim's throat is one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy ever.

Not much Nick and Greg in here. And Nick really needs to lose that 'do. Or, is he currently working on some movie or television role apart from CSI that I may not know about? That whatever part it is required him to have that 'do?

Though, I'm not really big on Alice In Wonderland. But, I'd give this episode a B+.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012