Episode 10x16 - 'Rest in Pieces' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I thought this episode was great! I laughed at the beginning, it seemed like Horatio was just about to say a one liner when the helicopter flew in and interrupted him. :lol:

I thought Raquel Welch was great, she has all the traits of a "bad guy", but what makes it interesting is that she's and old woman.

Lots of Horatio, which is always good. :thumbsup: And Samantha's boyfriend the attorney was there, but she wasn't. :p

Is this the last of the Navarros or...? Because it didn't seem like it. As far as I'm aware Raquel Welch hasn't booked any more episodes this season, but I think there is a big possibility that we will see her in Season 11. :)

Oh, and the ending montage with "No Light, No Light" by Florence + The Machine was really awesome. :)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I kept waiting for him to finish his sentence LOL.

Thank goodness for small favors LOL. Josh's hair looked kind of odd though. I don't know what was up with it. It looked better in the last episode LOL.

I thought the ending to the Navarro storyline (in regards to Diego and Esteban anyway) was a bit anti-climatic. This episode was very predictable. I knew the skeleton was going to end up being Diego's father. I knew they'd think at first that Diego killed him and I knew it would end up being the mother who did it. Her whole "Diego's trying to kill me" scene was not sincere enough, so I knew there was something up with her.

I loved Natalia's line about not having to go to the gym that night since she was using the shovel LOL. Nice to see the ladies working together though, not something we see that often. And we actually got an H/Cal scene, which is rare.

What was it that Ryan said in the courtroom that the defense attorney objected to? I couldn't understand why she'd object to him saying he found a jar of victims' eyeballs. Did he say something else?

I thought it was neat that the microchip was hidden in a fake lollipop.

I liked Horatio schooling the defense attorney though LOL.

Were they turning off Diego's machine at the end, or just adjusting something?

3. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Loved it!!!! A+

One of my very favorites from season 10. I'm so glad the writers gave Raquel a substantial part and she played it very well. What a sick and twisted family. I too doubt we've seen the last of them, especially Esteban.

Even though Ryan and Eric had a smaller part, I loved how much Horatio there was. His interaction with Raquel was great... Well, the whole episode was great. Two thumbs up!

4. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Actually, one significant disappointment for me, so give only A. ;)
    But in general I love this eppi — one my favorite in current season.
    This episode was supposed to be «end of The Taunter». CSIs was hunting him all season, hoping he makes a mistake. And, finally, he did (gotcha)!!!!Yeaaah!!!! But episode wasn't focused on Esteban, Vina & Diego's draw attention from him (at least my attention). Ok, Esteban was put in custody but it wasn't shown like a great achievement (they caught a serial killer!). It looked like ordinary event (in spite of H was great in court).
    In addition, his last victims Chelsea and her boyfried. Don't you think it's really weird that Esteban buried him but didn't make sure he wouldn't get out from his shallow grave? Esteban, who is a serial killer and a doctor!?:confused:
    Raquel Welch
    I see some of you, guys, aren't impressed much but I am:adore:. She was awesome and her role was interesting and twisting. I guessed she wasn't as generous as she pretended to be but I had no idea she was such a black widow. I bought into her fake grief after she shot her son. I agree — It could be great to see Vina in future episodes (next season if we are lucky) cuz she's really a match to Horatio. I've said that and say again — domestic violence (and other petty staff) is not his league.
    I love all her scenes with David. They definitely had a chemistry. Love-love-love «fireplace scene»:luvlove::luvlove::luvlove:
    Another great scene with Natalia. Love Vina's look especially her necklace and earrings:drool:. I'm going to find something alike.​

Horatio in the lab!!!!:eek: How long we've seen him there. Actually I hoped for more H screentime (yes I'll never have enough:lol:) assuming it's The Taunter's case but I wasn't disappointed cuz all his scenes were absolutely great. In lab, in court, on the beach, etc...
    "all due respect, we all made mistakes, Mr. Volfe. Bring it all back to the house!" - my second favorite one after «fireplace». Like H thinks Esteban is in his pocket and hates the idea he can slip away again.​

A couple of nice scenes like «police brutality», Loman chasing crabs, «shoe expert» Calleigh and really "cute" dialogue in spanish between Eric and Esteban:guffaw:​

Also this episode gave me a food for thoughts about this season's last episode. As we know some powerful ennemies will try to break up the team using bureaucracy. Well, after this episode I guess it can be done quite easy.
    Firstly, lousy lineup. It wasn't clear who was responsible for it: Frank, Eric, Horatio, but whoever was he screwed up. They have alive witness who is really capable and willing to cooperate. Finally, they have a real opportunity to nail the guy they should be hyper accurate to do all by numbers so no sleasy attorney has no chance but... Two guys standing next to Esteban were blond or even redheaded and no one spanish-looking. You must be kidding!
    Secondly, Delko and his suppressed evidence. What's the heck does «personal relationship» mean? To be friends, acquaintances, lovers? And since then a photo of two person walking on the street next to each other can be considered as an evidence of their unappropriated relationship?!:scream: Jugde, what's wrong with you?:brickwall: But Eric's reaction was understandable but totally unprofessional. He was too emotional like he's really done something wrong (actually, I hate to think he did) He should have been as cold as ice denying all these allusions.
    CSIs as experienced as they are shouldn't have done such mistakes.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  5. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I loved the episode also and consider it one of the best this season. There could have been more Ryan, but he had good scenes and is going to be in the finale 'big time'. so this was Horatio's time to shine and probably his last really big episode this season.

I enjoyed Raquel Welch and her interaction with DC's Horatio and think that she would have made a much better nemesis for Horatio than Diego was.

I was not surprised that this episode played out the way it did, because this was never supposed to be the conclusion to the Taunter story. Not sure where people got that idea. It WAS supposed to go into the finale where the team would be torn apart by their lawyer, etc..., but now I don't know what is happening in the finale, because they changed it due to the possibility of the show being cancelled. HOPE NOT.

The only 3 things I am sure of for the finale are: lots of Ryan, Samantha gets hurt and Calleigh adopts the North children with Eric's help.

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Just to add... and no disrespect to other writers... But this episode had two of their top writers, probably their best director, and it gave their leading man something to get his teeth into. So did 10.01... It really does make a difference.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I liked this one. I think it's one of the better ones this season. It kept me interested, Calleigh was there a lot, in the ballistics lab, and dressed in something not black. Horatio was in the lab and had a scene with Calleigh. There was a nice scene between Eric and Calleigh. Frank had a lot of good scenes as did the Loman. Eric also had some good stuff to work with. His "personal relationship" with the prostitute he helped reminded me of season 2 episode "Extreme" were he helped this woman and got beat up for it. Eric's big heart when it comes to helping others is one of the things which I've always loved about him. So I do hope that this situation with Elizabeth is another instance were he gets in trouble for helping out and that they don't develop it into something more. There was also a Calleigh and Natalia scene which was cool since we don't get a lot of those.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Welch's performance. It was a little too soapish for my taste. So the something negative about this episode was her acting, IMO. Yes it also was a bit predictable but Miami rarely is surprising.

8. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Only someone on the level of Miss Raquel Welch can interrupt Horatio's trademark one-liners sandwiching his donning of the infamous Caine sunglasses. I don't really follow her career, but she cracked me up in that Naked Gun sequel. In this episode, she was like Goliath to David's David, minus the slingshot. She's not so bad playing a bitch, but I'd take seeing her play the bitch over a handful of younger lasses playing the bitch anytime. I do love me some middle-to-old age affluent baddie biatch on a CSI show. I've wanted something like that after getting tired of seeing young people be the baddies.

As for her having surgery, all that really matters to me is she can still rock it no matter what age she is. People should be proud with what they have, and surgery should just be a personal choice for them. I don't remember reading anything about her having surgery, only that she supposedly took off one or two ribs so that she could breathe right or something. I'd love for her to reappear on the show.

Maybe, I'm the only one dizzied out from the whole family relations, who's the father of whom, which brother(s) shot at whom. Drove me nuts. It's been a while since the beach becomes a crime scene. I would really love to see Horatio and Calleigh work longer than have a one minute scene. The jar of eyeballs = Creepy. I hate cases where it's the eyes that get messed up.

Ryan's rocking that lemon yellow shirt. I don't remember him wearing that before, he looked good. This episode is one that I'd watch again, perhaps to pay closer attention to how many brother(s) were involved, who's the father of who, etc. This gets a B+.

9. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

DCHC4ever
    I think there won't be a lot of H in the next episode but he could "shine" in two last ones. At least I hope so:). As long as these episodes are about breaking up the team and old nemesis, McDowell character is H's personal ennemy not Miami crime lab's.

Maybe I jumped to conclusions:lol: cuz, according to episodes descriptions, this one was last about The Taunter in this season? at least he wasn't mentioned in the next episodes.

10. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

This episode was good, not the best of the season, but really good. I think Raquel Welch did a great job, she was awesome as bad mama!

11. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Oh please, Emily Procter and Eva Larue were the best, and I like the hair style Emily is wearing. Makes her look more younger than she is. Eva is a good looking lady no matter what!:)

Peace