• We like waterfalls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McCanna Taylor:
1924 – DOB - guesstimate based on his known involvement in WWII
1947 – married (age 23)
1962 – Mac was born (age 38) [You mean Mac Jr.? Then it's '61, not '62]
1983 – Mac’s commission and Beruit (age 59)
1990 – Mac marriage (age 66)
1991 – died (age 67)

And yes, the fact that I took the time to put all this together I suppose just goes to show how much of a Mac nerd I am, but hey, I don't deny it in the slightest and quite proudly admit it :hugegrin: :lol:

Well, as I said I don't know if they were right, so your timelime might be a possible biography :)
I remember the story from his childhood, but I'm not so sure if "30 years ago" is an exact reference to the time. It might have been summed up to 30 years instead of let's say 29 years.
How do you know Claire's parents split in '76? "Family" can refer to aunties or uncles or cousins. I don't think that the most logical deduction would be a divorce of her parents unless in America "family" always refers to parents. I think they're were both from Chicago and moved to NYC because of Mac's career and because Claire had some relatives there which would make it easier for her/them to settle down. That's just my guess.
Anyway your timelime is very well concluded! :):):) And Mac just turned 50 last year *LOL*
Oh good catch on the mis-type of Mac's DOB in his father's timeline! Thanks! :)

And I don't know that Claire's parents split, that's just my personal interpretation. I agree the 'family' that McCanna was referring to could have been aunts and uncles, but usually it's a (potential) grandparent that's mentioned in the context of helping for "when the kids start coming". But again, since we're given no information on this point, it's really entirely up to personal interpretation. I've actually come up with a whole background for Claire's father - he was a medic for the 1st Infantry Division in Vietnam in 1968 during the Tet offensive, and it was the 'fallout' from that when he got back that led to the eventual split with Claire's mother. It was in part because of how well Claire obviously understood Mac, and spending time with both parents and 'both sides of the equation' if you want to put in that way, could have been what gave her an innate and unique insight into who Mac was and what it was he clearly dealt with from his time in the Marines. Like I said though, that's just my interpretation of things :)

Mac&Adam Fan said:
I don't even know if Claire had any other family and the same goes for Mac. I think Mac is all alone as to family wise. When Mac went back to Chicago, I kinda assumed his mom was deceased because it was never suggested he went to visit her.

Plus, one episode where Flack's sister's car was used by a hostage taker, Adam asked Mac if he had a sister and Mac didn't answer it. In another episode when Danny and Don asked Mac a question, 'if you had a sister', I just assumed Mac didn't have a sister
Well I'm convinced Mac didn't have any other family, and that by the time 'Blink' came around his mother had died as well, which given his parents were nearly 40 when he was born is entirely feasible, and would also explain why he doesn't seem to have other siblings. Because Mac is definitely the type of person where if he did have other close family, he would have at the very least referenced them at some point, even if they did still live back in Chicago.

Tequesta said:
That's quite the timeline, for all of them-I had a similar one for Mac, but your info seems to be right on the year, whereas I was a little off. I tried to figure out Claire's-I wrote a fic a while back for when Mac and Claire first met, and again, it was a year out. Do you mind if I use this as a guide? You sure know your Mac :p :lol:
Well Claire's isn't quite as fixed as Mac's since all we have to go on is Reed's age and the fact that she had him "quite young". But also given that Reed was born in 1984, teen pregnancy wasn't as common or "accepted" as it is now, so that 'young' age, while very definitely when she was still in high school, isn't the 14 or 15 that we probably think that phrase of meaning today :p And I don't mind at all if you use the timeline! :D Haha, thanks, I like to think I the man a bit anyway ;) :lol:

Just a couple gifs to start the weekend right ;)

snowday_shh.gif
snowday_gunsoaked.gif
snowday_gun01.gif

Mac-adorable-smile.gif

bromance.gif

mac-smile.gif

I don't mean to sound ignorant here, but can someone explain to me what this topic is about "We Are Oatmeal People"? I am a bit confused. Only thing I know is that I eat Oatmeal and Grits with my eggs and toast to have a health diet. I always have been told, if you don't know something, always ask, don't be embarrassed. BTW, when is CSI NY going to be back on Friday Nights. If I go out to eat with my family, I like to get back home before 8 PM, Central Time to see CSI NY and Blue Bloods.

Thanks and Peace to all CSI Fans!

I don't mean to sound ignorant here, but can someone explain to me what this topic is about "We Are Oatmeal People"? I am a bit confused. Only thing I know is that I eat Oatmeal and Grits with my eggs and toast to have a health diet. I always have been told, if you don't know something, always ask, don't be embarrassed. BTW, when is CSI NY going to be back on Friday Nights. If I go out to eat with my family, I like to get back home before 8 PM, Central Time to see CSI NY and Blue Bloods.

Thanks and Peace to all CSI Fans!

In the final episode of season 1, I think, he went to a diner and had oatmeal with raisins and there was a woman trying to hit on him.

Show will be back March 30th because of the 18 episode season. ;)

Aww, even after watching him for nearly eight years, I never tire of that smile :3
Me either! :adore::adore: And you are most welcome!

And that is entirely correct about the thread title name. It was in the s1 finale - 'What You See is What You See' - and the woman (Rose) struck up a conversation with him because she'd developed a crush on him. She said she came to the diner for the french toast but he always got the oatmeal so either she was missing something or he was just an oatmeal person. To which Mac replied, "I am an oatmeal person." He had the most adorable and bemused look on his face :)

Aww, even after watching him for nearly eight years, I never tire of that smile :3
Me either! :adore::adore: And you are most welcome!

And that is entirely correct about the thread title name. It was in the s1 finale - 'What You See is What You See' - and the woman (Rose) struck up a conversation with him because she'd developed a crush on him. She said she came to the diner for the french toast but he always got the oatmeal so either she was missing something or he was just an oatmeal person. To which Mac replied, "I am an oatmeal person." He had the most adorable and bemused look on his face :)

And notice after that episode, we never see Rose again. :lol:

Oh my heart melts at that gorgeous smile of his and those beautiful eyes to go with it. I think one of the best assets Mac/Gary has Is that his eyes can look sparkling green one minute and ocean blue the next. Very unique.

HelloMac&Adamfan,

Thanks for filling me in. I don't recall seeing that episode, but I'm sure I will. Thanks for expalining it to me!

Peace

:luvlove::luvlove:
Oh my heart melts at that gorgeous smile of his and those beautiful eyes to go with it. I think one of the best assets Mac/Gary has Is that his eyes can look sparkling green one minute and ocean blue the next. Very unique.

I Agree. :luvlove:

And BTW, I'm staring at his smile like a cat watching a fish tank... :drool::drool: It's amazing how his face changes when he smiles, from the strict boss to a naughty boy in a blink.
Thanks Jade!

Yes I agree, he as got such a boyish smile and still has boyish looks some of the facial expressions he does. It's so adorable. I honestly can't believe he is turning 57 this month , he doesn't look over 45

Back