Grade 'The Ripple Effect'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Feb 10, 2012.

?

How would you grade The Ripple Effect?

1. A+

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. A

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. B+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. B

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

New episode tonight! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

Note: CSI: NY goes on a six-week hiatus after tonight's installment. New episodes start March 30.

2. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I loved it. I gave it an A. I loved all of the scenes with Mac. So handsome! Jo was great in the episode. Her FBI skills came out in this one. I loved her scenes with Sid. I am so glad his pillow made him some money. He doesn't leave the morgue because he is now wealthy. I loved the Lindsay/Danny banter: Cow tipping... lol. The scene with Danny at the other end of that hot glass was scary. The only reason I did not give it a + was because I thought the case could have been more intense.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I love this episode! It didn't look like the show is going through a tough time. The episode was fun to watch. Good to know Sid wasn't in trouble or something. It turns out there is a really good fortune ahead of him. I'm glad we get to know the continuation of the story on Sid's pillow. And I want to know what's coming up next. I'm also glad Jo figured the whole thing out. Most of the time it's Mac who connects the dots. I laughed when Flack said to Jo "that's the craziest thing I've ever heard" after hearing the ripple effect from her. Eddie delivered the line perfectly on how the audience would react to the whole thing. Well, not only in this episode. Flack had some hilarious lines in the past and Eddie always did great.

This is one of my favorites so I'm going to give it an A+. I'm going to miss this show a lot.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I thought it was a good episode actually, crazy but had some nice funny moments.

Liked the banter with D/L at the park, that was funny. :lol:

Glad Sid wasn't in trouble but maybe with Mac for being late three days in a row.

At the end of the show with Sid and Jo, I thought they were going to sing 'All In The Family' theme song. :lol:

Did they change writers or something?

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

This was a good ep...I sense some possible complaints on the D/L, though I adored it even if it was a bit schticky,but at least for the non-D/L folks, it was only one small scene. Not overdone this time.

I liked the continuity with Sid, too. I just hope it doesn't end with something going bad...too many times on TV, something happens and the money is gone and the character is broke again. Also annoying is what TV Tropes refers to as 'screw the rules, I have money", but at least Sid doesn't seem like that kind of guy. And I'm glad he doesn't leave the morge as yet, it's cool when someone still works when they're rich because they love the job.

I wonder something now that I think back to a rerun from a few days ago. Will Sid's new money affect the whole alimony thing? They don't raise the payments on you if you get wealthier do they? *shrug*.

Glad they aren't rushing Christine...TV love is annoying when it moves at warp speed as if often does. And the Mac/Jo folks got some tidbits too, the food in the car scene.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Good episode overall. I gave it a B. The Jo/Sid scenes were great and I really like that Mac had the cops go to Christine's restaurant. The DL scene was pure cliche based on their stereotyped city boy/country girl schtick, but it was short thank God. Hawkes is underused as usual, but Hill Harper does a good job with the processing scenes and it was nice seeing him cover for Sid.

7. Rena

Rena Rookie

It was a very good episode, though I was somewhat lost towards the end because of the strange connections between the cases and because of the usual language barriers that become apparant whenever the lines contain too much colloquial language :lol: sometimes, subtitles would be very helpful...

I love Jo! She was pretty annoying in the first episode of S7 but since then she's been having such a great influence on each character and on the team as a whole that makes me love every moment of her appearance on screen! She has this rare gift to make you feel good and comfortable every time she talks to you. A former friend of mine had this gift, too, and people just trusted her and told her secrets or private issues or worries and needs...even when you were acting like a lovesick idiot she treated you with genuine respect.

Christine looks a little bit like a blonde Claire, don't you think? Similar type of women, similar smile and facial features. I really like Mac and Christine together because they don't flirt with each other. Aubrey, Jordan, Quinn etc. were always so ... girlish and ... fluttering their eyelashes.

I gave it an A despite the Stan issue we already discussed in the spoiler thread and poll thread for 812.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I thought it was a strange reason for Mac going to see her and I get the feeling that he wasn't killed on 9/11. Maybe when Mac was still partners with him.

9. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree. I am not big into D/L but not against them either. Loved Mac's scenes. Also how he brought the cops to Christine's restaurant. Very glad that Sid wasn't ill or something. Not sure if the pillow thing is plausible but cool storyline.

10. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

Loved the episode, especially the final scene! Still missing Adam though. :c

11. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I miss Adam a lot!

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah.. I gotta feeling that Adam might only show up the last two episodes of the season/series.

13. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I give this episode a B. NIce to see they are taking Mac's romance slow and there is still good humor throughout the episode despite the off the scenes turmoil that is no doubt happening.
    One thing I'm missing...is Adam. It won't be right if he's not in the last few episodes.

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

When AJ posted that his father was ill, I thought, he's not going to be on the show anymore but I didn't realize that his father was that ill. I couldn't see him traveling from Vancouver to L.A. to shoot a scene back and forth.

Yeah, glad they are having the relationship being slow, I think maybe they are gauging to see how people feel.

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

The Mac/Christine scenes were still gratifying. But more are superfluous. Few episodes we can still see, should become differently decorates. 
Maybe some Actionscens of Mac.