Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great group shot. Wish I had one of those scripts. I can never afford to bid on that kind of stuff online. Would be great to have.

I just watched this clip ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQrTA6_5z_w&feature=player_embedded ) from vegaslights, and while I love how Mac and Christine interact, I am absolutely livid that they actually decided to call Christine's brother, 'Stan'. I can't come up with a strong enough adjective for 'sloppy' to describe it. First off, if this is simply an oversight and coincidence....for god's sake watch your own show every once in a while! And considering how much Cpl Stan Whitney's death affected Mac when he was a young Lieutenant, and how they made a point of emphasizing that in COTP and how many times they flashbacked to it, why on earth would they choose to call her brother Stan?! I could possibly see if they had made THE proper Stan Whitney, another of Christine's older brothers, I could bought it. But it being the brother who was partners with Mac and went to academy with him? No. Like I said, the correct adjectives to describe the whole thing entirely escape me. They've made continuity errors before and typically I just roll my eyes and sigh, but this..... no. This is too much. :brickwall::brickwall:

I just watched this clip ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQrTA6_5z_w&feature=player_embedded ) from vegaslights, and while I love how Mac and Christine interact, I am absolutely livid that they actually decided to call Christine's brother, 'Stan'. I can't come up with a strong enough adjective for 'sloppy' to describe it. First off, if this is simply an oversight and coincidence....for god's sake watch your own show every once in a while! And considering how much Cpl Stan Whitney's death affected Mac when he was a young Lieutenant, and how they made a point of emphasizing that in COTP and how many times they flashbacked to it, why on earth would they choose to call her brother Stan?! I could possibly see if they had made THE proper Stan Whitney, another of Christine's older brothers, I could bought it. But it being the brother who was partners with Mac and went to academy with him? No. Like I said, the correct adjectives to describe the whole thing entirely escape me. They've made continuity errors before and typically I just roll my eyes and sigh, but this..... no. This is too much. :brickwall::brickwall:

I just hope she has another brother named Stan or some posters will be :brickwall:

There is a San Diego Chargers Wide Receiver named Malcolm Floyd and his brother's name is, Malcolm.

From the DL obsessed E!:

tinieyhasbi: We will get to see Lucy Messer before this season ends right? #CSINY
We think the odds of seeing the littlest Messer are very good. Co-executive producer Trey Callaway tells us: "Whenever we can continue that [Danny, Lindsay and Lucy] story we absolutely do because we recognize the value it has to the viewers, but also because it's really fun to write those scenes." Add that to showrunner Pam Veasey's promise and it could be a sure bet: "We'll try to see a glimpse of Lucy...it would be fitting to know where Lucy is before the year's out."

They finally admit that they cater to a small but vocal segment of the fandom. :rolleyes:

And Lucy is what, 3? Where the hell else would she be other than at home or daycare? Unless they age her and she's getting married or joining the military before the season is over I don't think it's a burning question as to "where Lucy is." I can think of 100 things I'd rather know before the potential series end without even trying. :rolleyes: :wtf: :scream:

ETA: As for the continuity fail with the name of Mac's old partner, they're probably lazy because most viewers will not remember that Mac's marine buddy had the same name. It's only the small segment of viewers who are dedicated enough to the show to post on message boards and who are big Mac fans who would remember the name. I didn't remember the name, TBH. That's not an excuse for sloppiness, but it could be the explanation.

Last edited:
They finally admit that they cater to a small but vocal segment of the fandom. :rolleyes:

And Lucy is what, 3? Where the hell else would she be other than at home or daycare? Unless they age her and she's getting married or joining the military before the season is over I don't think it's a burning question as to "where Lucy is." I can think of 100 things I'd rather know before the potential series end without even trying. :rolleyes: :wtf: :scream:

ETA: As for the continuity fail with the name of Mac's old partner, they're probably lazy because most viewers will not remember that Mac's marine buddy had the same name. It's only the small segment of viewers who are dedicated enough to the show to post on message boards and who are big Mac fans who would remember the name. I didn't remember the name, TBH. That's not an excuse for sloppiness, but it could be the explanation.

Speaking of Lucy and character names, it still bothers me that TPTB gave Danny's daughter the same name as the woman who killed Ruben (albeit accidentally). That may sound stupid but it does.

Speaking of Lucy and character names, it still bothers me that TPTB gave Danny's daughter the same name as the woman who killed Ruben (albeit accidentally). That may sound stupid but it does.

I don't know how many fans actually thought about that situation with the name of Lucy. I for one never even thought of that until someone brought it up.

It still bugs me, too, but then it also still bugs me that the whole Ruben storyline was reduced to just a "bump in the road" for DL.

the class of 04 shrinks and shrinks.it would be great if ny not only outlive the desperates and house,but also make the heads up between the last 2 dramas (grey) competitive and thrilling.for the record im a fan of both shows.

So much for closure.

CSI: NY Exclusive: Jaime Ray Newman Returns!

Mac will soon receive another blast from the past when Jaime Ray Newman returns to CSI: NY as the detective’s late wife, Claire.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Eastwick alumna will reprise her emotionally-heightened role in the CBS cop drama’s eighth season finale, which is slated to air in May.

Newman’s tragically doomed Claire last appeared in the Season 8 premiere, which flashed back to her death in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

CSI: NY, which last night aired its winter finale (to a slight rise in ratings!), will return with a new batch of episodes in March.

So much for closure.

Mac will soon receive another blast from the past when Jaime Ray Newman returns to CSI: NY as the detective’s late wife, Claire.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Eastwick alumna will reprise her emotionally-heightened role in the CBS cop drama’s eighth season finale, which is slated to air in May.

Newman’s tragically doomed Claire last appeared in the Season 8 premiere, which flashed back to her death in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

CSI: NY, which last night aired its winter finale (to a slight rise in ratings!), will return with a new batch of episodes in March.

Aw come on.... This is what I was thinking... he sees her and thinks she's really alive and Don and Jo have to tell him she's really dead. They aren't going to piss off the families of those attacks. No way..

I'm happy for this..

So much for closure.

If Mac's gonna be hanging between life and death I'm sure it'll be something cheesy like him telling Claire he wants to stay and be with her and Claire telling him he has to go back to his life. I really don't like episodes where they do crap like that. :rolleyes:

So much for closure.

If Mac's gonna be hanging between life and death I'm sure it'll be something cheesy like him telling Claire he wants to stay and be with her and Claire telling him he has to go back to his life. I really don't like episodes where they do crap like that. :rolleyes:

I hadn't thought of that part but then I guess you have seen more shows that do that, than I have. :)

I was hoping for Jamie to come back for the final episode.

So much for closure.

Similar to what happened with Horatio and Marisol in this season premier :rolleyes:.

Yeah, the spoilers for the finale suggest he'll 'see' her when he's in limbo, so I'm not at all surprised by this announcement. (Previous finale info here and here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back