Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

These posts should probably be put in David's thread. While I agree the writers are very lazy and don't give any of the actors much material to work with, David has chosen in recent seasons to play Horatio as a "walking dead" type character with stiff body poses and little emotion. Horatio is just going through the motions of a cop relentlessly pursuing the bad guy with no emotional or moral consequences.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012
  2. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

H does seem to be dying little by little. We all know he was never an emotional character, but it seems as though all the life has left him and he is distancing himself from everyone, even Calleigh and Eric. It's very sad to see and I'm hoping that the events of the season finale will serve as a wake-up call for him.

3. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

(I know this is really the wrong thread, but we're here now... Perhaps moderator would like to move the last few posts?)

I don't disagree with you about Horatio. But I believe David does nothing by accident or through laziness, so he must feel Horatio is like this now. I hope it's all leading somewhere, although I haven't got that much faith in the writers. Maybe David or David/Adam should write one that actually puts this in perspective. They certainly understand the show and the characters more than most. Of course, it will have to be in Season 11 now, unless, as you say, the finale is spectacularly good.

4. spencerreidfan

I would love to see an episode written by either one! Adam's last one was fantastic and I'm glad he's going to make another. Which reminds me, is David a screenwriter as well as a producer? I know he's going to be producing and starring in Chacarita, but did he also write it?

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

As far as I know, David doesn't have any writing or directing credits.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Moved the relevant posts (per request) over here this time from the episode thread. In the future though, it'd probably be potentially less confusing to simply mosey on down to the appropriate thread if a discussion is taking over another non-related one. :p But here we are, so continue!

For what it's worth, I'd also like to see DC maybe write an episode of Miami just to see how we might gain more insight into the character he's played for so long--assuming it's a stand-alone episode. Might be fun. I do think each actor has a certain degree of input (I believe someone mentioned DC was the one who proposed the Horatio/Marisol romance) so it'd be interesting to see what he'd do if he were given the reigns, so-to-speak for an episode.

7. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I would LOVE for David to write an episode! :D

Yes, he was the one who "created" the character of Marisol and put she and Horatio together (and also brought her back for 10.01).

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe he is at least a co-writer on Chacarita.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I always wondered why David isn't a producer on his show, since Gary and Billy Petersen are on theirs. Though, I'm sure he has enough clout to talk to TPTB if he feels he's not doing enough with the character of Horatio. [​IMG]

9. spencerreidfan

I've wondered about that too, whether he doesn't want to or the creators won't let him. Wouldn't he make more money if he produced it also?

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I would think being a producer/executive producer would give you an extra paycheck. If you're a writer/director as well, you can really clean up! [​IMG]

11. fanilowchick

I'm compiling an album of the best Horatio avatars. Please send me your favorite H photos to fanilowchick@hotmail.com

12. fanilowchick

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

What a lucky lady! ;) Thanks for posting.

14. fanilowchick

She certainly is. And it looks as though the finale is shaping up well.

15. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

David looks a bit tired or it's just me?