Locker Room #19: Danny/Carmine--Everyone's Favorite Danny-in-Distress

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 25, 2010.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Re: Locker Room #19: Danny/Carmine--Everyone's Favorite Danny-in-Distr

I can't remember, do they have a child already or not? It's sad either way, but I'm curious.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Vanessa has a son, Kassius, from a previous relationship with Brian Austin Green.

3. MacsGirlMel

I wonder, how could they have had Danny save himself at the beginning of this season? It'd have shown maturity if he'd done it on his own, but I'm not sure how they could have written it...could Danny have gone to the rookie himself and talked? I keep thinking he'd have gotten into more trouble for contacting her. *Is curious*

4. PerfectAnomaly

For one they could've had him be less impulsive than he was in the past and advocate for himself. What I mean is he could've told the IA guy at the scene that he would need to go through the proper channels to set up a meeting with him about what happened instead of having Lindsay step in and tell the IA guy what the procedure was and practically having to drag Danny away because he wanted to just shoot his mouth off without thinking like he has done in the past.

Danny still thinks that if he's just honest and tells the truth that things will work out and he of all people should know that often that's not the case. He's been bitten in the ass by trying to jump in and defend himself without thinking about the situation more than once. For someone who is a cop and scientist he's still quite naive.

He also could've had a real conversation with the rookie cop (her name escapes me right now) instead of having Lindsay confront her in what amounted, to me anyway, to little more than a turf war over "her man."

TPTB has tried to selll that Danny has matured simply because he married and had a child, but the show's canon tells a very different story, IMO.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

How do we know that he sent Lindsay after her? I got the sense she did it herself.

6. PerfectAnomaly

I didn't say that very well. I meant that the writers could've had Danny talk to her instead of having Lindsay confront her. Sorry.

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

It's okay. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Until the scene where the other two officers tell the rookie they need to stay away from Danny, yeah, he could have talked to her.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Very much in agreement about Danny's naivete and about him believing if he tells the truth, things will work out just fine. I think that's why Lindsay felt like she had to step in to protect him. Danny does a really crappy job of defending himself.

9. PerfectAnomaly

It does make sense that Lindsay would feel that way and that would be what motivated her to step in. Looking back I suppose my frustration wasn't so much with Lindsay per se, but the fact that if Danny was supposed to be this mature person that TPTB talked about when they got married this would've been the perfect opportunity to show it and they blew it.

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Exactly. To all intents and purposes, Danny hasn't learned a thing since he had to deal with IA way back in season 1 when he very nearly ended up getting arrested because he thought if he just "told the truth" everything would fine instead of listening to Mac and Don and following procedure.

11. MacsGirlMel

Why is it that speaking up and defending himself only made it worse? Just curious. I know the first ep had that problem with no one including Danny really having a clear idea of the whole thing.

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Because once you give your statement, that's it. Any admittance they get from you, stands. Because it's not as simple as telling the truth in ones' defense. One, you're right, no one in that s1 ep knew exactly what happened, which is precisely why Mac ordered Danny NOT to say anything until the evidence spoke. In an adrenaline charged scenario, whether it was a shootout like in s1, or the one just recently, it's a proven fact that eyewitnesses don't recall information accurately especially right away. The brain needs time to properly process the information that it got overloaded by. Combine that with the 'entrapment' mode of questioning, and Danny ought to know to keep his mouth shut until all the evidence is processed and he has his rep with him. It's not that he shouldn't defend himself, it's a matter of him being impulsive and not following the correct way to do it.

13. MacsGirlMel

That makes sense, thanks for explaining.

14. MacsGirlMel

Did we see any promotional mentions between Mac telling Danny he was off the grid in season 1 and the Sgt stuff? If not,it feels like they skipped a level. Watching s1 reruns brings up new questions lol

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I do remember Mac telling him he was off the promotional grid and maybe later in the season or seasons later, Danny is told he is back on the promotional grid.

EDIT: Network might have cut that scene.