Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Having just seen the trailer for the new season here in the UK and its 9/11 storyline I have a question for those in the US.

How was this episode received? Was the tie in with 9/11 seen as a positive thing for the storyline?

2. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

So either they know the odds/possibility/actuality of the show being renewed, or they'll resolve it the "does the character live or die?" question within with episode? Because since they know it has to double as a potential series finale, I can't see them leaving it a cliffhanger unless they already know what we don't. Oh, and I really hope it's Mac that's shot. Him or Flack.

Andy, it depends who you ask. I thought it worked extremely well, and the whole ep was very first-responder perspective/dedication based. But I'm not sure some people related to that slant exactly, or maybe expected something more generic. But I thought it was incredible, and I think definitely overall the ep was well received.

MacsLady, totally agree Mac needs someone outside of work to come home to too so he can leave what he can behind.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I thought there was a suggestion that Flack would think about whether he wanted to stay with the NYPD in an episode. Kinda like Mac last year.

4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks Shane

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Me too!!!! SeriouslyInjured!Mac.....*cue heart palpitations*

Yes he does. : )

If this is the final season, I will be sad, mostly because not only will it mean no more new Mac, but it's a shame that the show was just starting to find it's feet again after s5 and 6 (which, from 'Veritas' on, with the exception a few episodes were nowhere near as good as s1-4.) and I love Mac and Jo's friendship and would like to see more of that. But no one knows anything for sure yet, so I guess we'll see.

6. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Here is Mac's Christine, (Megan Dodds).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

IDK, would they do Flack again? After blowing him up? Although it might tie into his thinking of leaving or whatever.

My shipper self would love it if it were Danny, but after shooting him two seasons ago, I doubt they'd do it again. Ditto with Lindsay...she wasn't hurt but was in the middle of all the angst so recently. (yeah I fully expect "let her die" reactions if it is her lol)

I say it's either Mac, Jo or Hawkes...none of them have been seriously injured as yet. And Adam rarely goes into the field.

I'd like it to be Mac too...if he's hallucinating, we could have Claire pop up again.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wasn't referring to Second Life. There was another one. It wasn't a role playing game persay, but it was some kind of game where there were targets only the targets were supposed to be fake killed and one of them got really killed or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about? :lol:

I wonder which member of the team it'll be. Being the possible series finale, I would guess Mac, but I don't know. I hope it doesn't end on a cliffhanger though.

Adam was injured badly once before too (Snow Day, I think that was the ep). I would guess Mac, Jo or Hawkes too, but Flack would also be a guess. When I saw the "hallucinate" part, my mind jumped to an image of Flack hallucinating seeing a woman in glowing white (but we wouldn't see her face most likely) and it being suggested that maybe it was Jess. It most likely would be Mac that's injured though.

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I think that one is 'Fare Game' from s2 where they go round 'shooting' other 'contestants' with water pistols.

.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing Mac, or Flack. (although Flack was seriously injured in COTP, and Mac came really close to dying in 'Exit Strategy')

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I'm guessing Mac, or Flack. (although Flack was seriously injured in COTP, and Mac came really close to dying in 'Exit Strategy')[/QUOTE]

It can't be Jo because she just recently was attacked by Curtis.

11. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Yes it is :)

Ah, but even though the only reason he didn't die was because his gun misfired, for all the trouble he's been in and little injuries along the way, he's never actually been seriously injured. The closest he's come was when he was thrown 3 stories to the ground in 'Point of View'. Even then, the mechanism of his injuries was the most serious part of the whole thing since he only suffered a concussion, a broken wrist, and a couple broken ribs.

Completely agree it won't be Danny. That'd just be absurd overkill. The problem with getting Adam or Hawkes shot is that this ep has to double as season and series finale, and while they would work as a cliffhanger season finale, their characters are just not developed enough to create the emotional weight that such an event in a series finale would need. I still think Flack is a possibility even though they nearly killed him once. It was way back in s2, and he certainly has enough developed character storyline for it to work. However, it would be a bit redundant, and since like I said, Mac's never been seriously injured before, I'm still placing my money and hopes that it's him.
    Not to mention, I don't think they'd almost kill simply for the fact that there's the added dynamic that she has Ellie and Tyler. Not saying that that's realistic and bullets pick and choose who they hit, but from a writing perspective it'd be way easier to put Mac at death's door.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

More finale info!

I'll be back in a few minutes to share it. :lol:

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

And it's your fault!! ;)

:lol:

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Dag-nabbit! I tried to edit my previous post, but the site logged me out and I lost what I wrote. Luckily it wasn't much! :lol:

8.18:

~ Mac heads to a pharmacy after the team solves a case, but a man rushes in and demands drugs from the pharmacist. Mac identifies himself as a police officer, and the man shoots at him. Mac is able to take him out, but someone else shoots him while his back is turned.

~ Everyone is very upset, of course. Flack and Jo rush to the hospital, and Flack has to calm Jo down because she's panicking. The team is more determined than ever to catch whoever did this. (I see everyone but Sid, but I hope he'll be there.)

~ Mac "sees" Claire. He also has visions/hallucinations with other members of the team.​
    It's not much, but the main focus of the episode will be Mac's condition. It looks like we'll have a lot of good team interaction while they try to solve the case and wait to find out Mac's fate.

And no, I don't know what Mac's fate will be! :eek:

15. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Fay, I actually did *squee* out loud when I read the spoiler:lol:) omg, Injured!Mac...! *is torn between stomach dropping and that Injured!Mac is impossibly hot and compelling*....*can't stop grinning*... *dies* ........... *is left without further vocabulary for the moment* :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.