Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The spoilers for 8.12 do suggest that the request was from Christine. They've changed the character's background, but it seems likely that the rest is still the same.

2. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Agreed. And I like this background better, actually (as much as I would have loved to know more concrete information about his military background, despite the fact that I can deduce the vast majority of it from his uniform and the real life application of what we have been shown on the show). It seems at least a bit less contrived, and potentially plausible in real life.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What is the new background stuff? Or what page can I find it on? Is that the article that went up earlier today? I did read that one.

4. alicelc

alicelc Victim

I'm assuming it's the article a page back (post #313) About when he first joined the NYPD?

"Dodds will play Christine, a woman from Mac's past. 'When Mac first moved to New York and decided to join the police department, Mac was in the police academy with Christine's brother,' Reiter says. 'So there's a familiarity and an association from way back when. ... But this is a woman all these years later who reaches out to reconnect, more or less to say, 'I read about what you did for the [Brooklyn Wall of Remembrance] and the survivors of 9/11. It snowballs from there.' "

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  5. Faylinn

Yeah, the original spoilers indicated that Mac and Christine were in basic training together, but now they've changed it so that he was in the police academy with her brother, and that's how they met.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Press release for episode 12.

7. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks a lot vegaslights. I am curious of Christine. :confused:

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Not sure if it was her but I'd rather it be someone we don't know and not in the lab. I remember Mac would fall for someone in the lab but maybe they changed it.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Haven't they done this kind of storyline before?

10. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Why, oh why, are TPTB ignoring the tremendous chemistry between Mac and Jo??? :( Unless this is something really stunning, Christine will be the kiss of death for my viewing. Oh well, if the series is cancelled at the end of this season, now I won't mind so much. What a missed opportunity. Sela Ward always has so much chemistry with any male with whom she co-stars.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Probably because of the same thing I said with Stella...if he still has any of his personal code, he'd consider it improper to have a relation with a subordinate. I know Grissom did it, but Mac seems less likely to do that type of thing, unless Jo switched shifts and had another boss. And with Danny and Lindsay already hooked up, they may be afraid of overkill if they hook up another lab couple. Now, I wouldn't protest if it happened right at the end, like one of them left the lab or something, but I'm not sure how happy I'd be with it during the series. You can't please all of us anyway lol.

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Kind of. They used RPG and Second Life as the means for Suspect X, the female assassin, to get to her ultimate target.

And I know the writers aren't even close to showing this kind of continuity, but giving Christine the last name of 'Whitney' made me instantly think of Cpl. Whitney, the Marine who died in Mac's flashback to Beruit. And I had an instantaneous flash of an idea that Christine might have had two brothers - the one in police academy, and an older one named Stan who died at age 19 in Lebanon. I mean, it'd explain Mac's expression at the end of the last ep beyond simply being reminded of his police academy days. But I know it was a futile wish at continuity.... Although maybe that's where the background initial spoiler to his early Marine days came from? I know...wishful thinking..... Oh well, until the ep airs I can pretend there's that connection :p

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

8.18 - TBD

~ A drug store shooting leaves a member of the team stranded in a hallucinatory limbo between life and death.

~ The episode was written by Pam Veasey and Zachary Reiter. It's the show's season, and potentially series finale. Hopefully more info soon...

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I wonder if her brother died on 9/11 too. That would explain why she makes a point of mentioning Mac's work for the 9/11 memorial, because it would be especially important to her. Otherwise she might just write 'remember me, I'm *whoever's* brother'. I'm just happy for Mac to finally maybe have a significant relationship, and if she's in five episodes hopefully the writers are actually planning to make something of Mac/Christine rather than it being just a brief flirtation/interest ala Gillian/Jordan. More like with Aubrey. An article I read said there would be complicated bits with Mac/Christine which I think is good as it makes it more realistic. Mac's found some closure, but really moving on is going to be a big deal for him, and, yes, complicated.

@Jade Nolan, I prefer this new background for Christine too. Oh, and it would be *great* if she was connected to Stan Whitney, but my cynical side says that's sadly unlikely. But yeah, the new background seems better.

As for why the writers are 'ignoring' the Mac/Jo chemistry, IMO, they aren't. Mac and Jo have a wonderful chemistry as friends and partners, a real understanding overlaid with a playful flintiness on her part. Chemistry doesn't always have to = romance, it is about the interaction between two people, IMO. So I want to see more of that. I think Mac needs a partner/gf from outside of his work, someone there to support him through the tough stuff he has to deal with at work but who is separate to it, so that going home to or spending time with them actually allows him to get away from his job.

15. Faylinn

Hmm, this could be interesting. I'm going to assume Mac is the one in limbo, being the main character and all, but I'm curious to see how it all plays out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.