"Genetic Disorder" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Dec 10, 2011.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I have been wondering if they are setting something up for Brass during the season finale

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Now I'm going to worry until it airs LOL

3. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

After thinking about my comment I came to the conclusion that this is not the right place to say something like this. I sure can have my opinion and I stand to it, but like others already said I think it's not right to do it here.

Guess I was just disappointed that George wasn't in this episode and that some people still can't be happy with what they got. I will never write anything like this again and hope that others don't either.

Sorry!

4. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Great Doc Robbins episode and the Genealogy aspect really played well to the development of Greg's character over the years.

My only gripe is the crime scene timings at the beginning of the ep. The guy dies at what appears to be mid to late evening (the 911 call being around the same time) skip to broad daylight and Super Dave saying he's been dead for a couple of hours!?

It's going to be a long wait till Jan 18th.

5. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

I thought it was a good episode. Loved seeing a story centering around Doc, he's always been one of my favorites... though I was hoping he would have been in it a bit more. Greg did an outstanding job staying focused on the evidence and not letting preconceived notions cloud his mission. Very reminiscent of Grissom's whole mantra of following the evidence because it never lies.

6. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Wonderful episode, some great performances, character insights and an interesting case.

Totally agree. Yes, there was a line here or there that I felt were definitely initially intended for Nick to say, but I felt the storyline fit Greg so well that I was genuinely surprised to find out it was supposed to be Nick.

I'm glad Greg stayed serious in this episode, I've enjoyed his lighter playful side re-emerging more this season, but it felt right for him to be serious in this episode. He'd taken a leading role in the the investigation and it involved someone he works closely with, it shows how much he has grown that he felt the need to keet level headed and focused on the work.

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

So sorry :lol:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought the same thing. There were some parts where I could see were originally intended for Nick. I'm pretty certain the interrogation room scene with the killer was probably originally Nick's because they rarely let Greg do the interrogation room scenes lol.

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

I thought it was a great episode. Going by the previews, I worried that it was going to be a cheesy "cheating spouse" scenario, but they deftly worked around that and gave me a story I wasn't expecting. Especially 12 years in, that's nice to have.

I loved learning more about Doc Robbins and finally meeting his wife. They have a good relationship and have worked through a lot.

Eric was fantastic! I enjoyed all the Greg scenes and really liked seeing him step up to the plate. I had an idea that at least some of his scenes were supposed to be Nick's, but I also felt that him taking the lead is a natural progression for his character, so it made sense to see him step out of the shadows and be more assertive.

Like others, I don't like the direction in which Brass is going. It seems like since the end of last season, he's turned into a character I don't like very much. I'm glad he apologized to Doc Robbins, but IMO he crossed the line in a major way, and I would have a hard time forgiving him.

10. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

I think this is one of my favourite Greg episodes. Eric was fantastic in this! I know all us Greg fans say things like 'he's so cute,' or 'he's so smart,' but there's always that 'awwww' factor...like he's a puppy who's cute even when he messes up. But in this episode, Greg was the most grown up and professional that I've ever seen him! I love that he refused to pass judgement on Judy and kept reminding everyone to process the scene (particularly how much Hodges sensationalist theorizing annoyed him). I also really enjoyed how he intereacted with that geneologist (all that Greg family history was a balm to us Greg fans souls! :D ). I just felt that Eric really showed us what he was made of in this episode, better even than a kiss before frying and that episode with Morgan and the helicopter this season (the name eludes me at the moment). I realise that Eric had to fill in for George Eads at the last moment, and I'm glad he got that chance. We've seen the differing aspects of Nick's personality over the years and its been establised that Eads is a stellar actor. However, and much as this kills me to admit it, I was begining to fear that all Eric could do was either comedy, cute or CSI in distress. But he stole the show in this episode and proved himself as an excellent actor in his own right. It was also the first episode (I feel) that Greg really stood out from under everyone else's shadow and became more than the 'little brother/junior CSI that we all find endearing but rarely take seriously. I realise that Greg's intelligence has always been shown, but this was the first time I really felt admiration and respect (on a level with the other CSI's) for his role as a CSI. Grissom would be proud.

However, its a pity the same can't be said for Brass, he was a total ass in this episode... and he didn't even have his usual sarky one liners to fall back on. Doc was right that his experience clouded his judgement, and while I was glad he apologised in the end, I would also like to have seen him apologise to Judy.

Speaking of, I really liked Judy Robbins and found her gift to Doc Robbins really sweet and thoughtful and watching them peruse it at the end showed just how close their relationship is (which made Doc Robbin's admissal of an affair all the more shocking). It was nice to see that side of Doc's life (and David's insisting that Doc was her type was a really cool example of how much he looks up to Doc Robbins).

Great episode! :)

11. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

I agree...I really enjoyed Greg in this episode! :thumbsup: Although...gathering from other posts that this was supposed to be "Nick's" episode...I'm really glad it was Greg who took the lead on this and backed up Doc. I loved the previous ep w/ Nick and Doc with the baby, so it was nice to see someone else on the team on Docs side because it would be totally obvious that Nick would have been.

Speaking of which...how is it known that it was supposed to be Nick in this ep?
    *(nevermind...went back and read the other posts :D )

So, from a Nick-fan---congrats, Greg, you did great!:)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  12. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Fox, its lovely to hear a Nick fan say they enjoyed Greg in the role, especially since Nick wasn't in this episode. Thank you! :)

13. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

^^ :)

I'm not a Nick-fan to the exclusion of anyone else...I love the whole team! Greg was pretty amazing in this ep...and I'm loving the vibe between him and Morgan. ;)