Person of Interest

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Geeno, Sep 23, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Just a heads up, CBS will be re-airing the pilot episode and the episode called "The Fix" on Sunday Nov 27th. These episodes will air instead of repeats of Good Wife and Miami. However, there is a game on that doesn't go over until 6pm central, so chances are the episodes could be delayed by at least thirty minutes. It's scheduled to air 8-10pm central.

2. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

3. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

As I noted previously, I really want to love this series, but over the past couple of episodes, I am unimpressed and honestly a tad bored. As a matter of fact, I actually fell asleep three times during the last episode and had to rewind scenes to get to the end. I personally find CBS' other two freshman dramas, A Gifted Man and Unforgettable, much more enjoyable.

The show's producers need to add new cast members and amp up the action. Watching Reese follow people around every week while he talks to Finch who is stuck in a room looking at a computer is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

My plan -

1) Hire Paige Turco as a regular and have Reese and her work cases as a team
    2) Get rid of the Detective Fusco character (Kevin Chapman) and have Detective Carter (Taraji P. Henson) become the NYPD point person, sort of like Commissioner Gordon on Batman (see below)
    3) Cast a younger actor and a younger actress to complete the team, so we can have one team following the perp and another team seeking evidence from another perspective
    4) Turn the show into a full-on non-costume version of Batman and start developing recurring characters who become a rogue of villians for Reese and Finch (Enrico Colantoni was a good start as a version of The Joker, and I think Anne Parisse could turn into Reese's Catwoman)

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Are we watching the same show?! :eek:

5. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

In other words, just turn it into another ordinary piece of crap ensemble show with the same old type of pairings that are seen on every other show on every network and non-network? No thanks!! :angryrazz: We already have enough of those kind of shows. There can be a show that's different. POI is that show. Sorry if it's not your cup of (green) tea ragincajun.

6. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Well, enjoy it while you can then, because it won't make it past this season with its current ratings. :thumbsup:

There is no way that CBS would keep it on Thursday (I personally think they will try to go with another two-hour comedy block anchored by The Big Bang Theory next fall with The Mentalist staying at 10:00), and the schedule from Monday to Wednesday is booked with better performers. Also, because it is a WB production, it will be too expensive for Friday unless CBS can work out a sweetheart deal with them similar to FOX did with Fringe.

7. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Not sure what your problem is, but since there are much worse things than cancellation that can happen to a show, I already decided weeks ago that I would much rather see POI get cancelled at the end of this season with its premise and format intact than to see it come back next season in some kind of f*cked up state.

8. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

That's fair enough!

I guess my problem is that I see a show with such potential, but it will never appeal to a larger, more demo-friendly audience as it is currently being produced. I know several people that love CSI, but they are not watching PoI because it is much too slow for them. Maybe my suggestions went to the extreme, but they main thing they need to do is amp up the storylines a little and make the action a little more even throughout the entire episode by giving the characters a sense of urgency in solving the case of the week storyline.

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I don't think POI will be cancelled by the end of the season. But I can't imagine it staying at Thursday 9pm/8c. So, I think Unforgettable* will be cancelled and POI inherits its timeslot. I also think POI will succeed at 10pm because it's too dark and slow for 9pm. For me it's kind of like CBS's version of "The Killing" which is an excellent in my opinion.

*I don't get Unforgettable. Is someone's memory about a crime or evidence admissible to court? That's why there are crime scene units all over NYC, right? So that they are the ones to worry about the evidence collection and not just rely on someone's memory. I sometimes laugh when Carrie (the lead detective) remembers something. Her character can be a good source for mocking: "oh wait I remember that guy, he was wearing a green t-shirt in a picture I saw from a reflection of a mirror 50 feet away." Yeeaahhhhh

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

There will be a new episode of POI this Thursday. Maybe CBS will post a more extended promo of it soon.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was watching this until Bones came back on, so now I can't watch it anymore LOL. I don't have dvr and the other vcrs are tied up usually during the holiday season. I thought this show was doing well in the ratings though. It isn't? That's news to me.

My suggestion is have Unforgettable and POI switch time slots. If POI is not getting good ratings (I think Unforgettable is doing well in the ratings) then putting it on after the two NCIS shows may give it a ratings boost. And personally I think Carrie and Patrick Jane (Mentalist) back to back makes more sense anyway LOL.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Actually, POI is doing solid in the ratings. Not a smash hit, but it's not in great danger of getting cancelled.

Watch POI online at CBS' site. That's what I do if I miss an episode.

The fact is that Unforgettable has been dropping in the demos. It started out with higher demos than Person of Interest, but is now a couple notches below POI. Unforgettable is co-produced by CBS, so they gave it the cushy timeslot. And I'm sure they knew that it would never survive the competition that POI has to deal with in its timeslot. But even with the cushy timeslot Unforgettable isn't doing as well as it should be.

We won't know if either show is in real danger of being cancelled until we get deeper into the back half episodes of the season. That will tell the true story.

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Wasn't Person of Interest already picked up for a second season anyway?

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Not that I know of.

15. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am excited we get a new episode this week. Can't wait to see it.